A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,752
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: St Patrick's Clover Skirt  (Read 1768 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

heyladyerin
« on: March 16, 2008 07:32:07 AM »

Both hancock fabrics and hobby lobby have 99 cent pattern sales. There is usually a limit to how many you can buy, but they have patterns for everything- doll clothes, civil war era undies, slipcovers, and of course anything you wanna wear. It's taken me a while to be able to read patterns but I am getting much better. BTW- If anyone knows anything about interfacing, I have a question. If I attach interfacing to a stretchy fabric, will it stay stretchy?

I used McCall's pattern 5474. I bought this pattern because the skirt was the right length and it had a yoke. I now have a flawless yoke that I can attach any skirt to.

This was clearance fabric from last year. I don't think I will have to limit this skirt to just St Patrick's. Do you?

Please ignore the purple shirt. That's what i was sleeping in.

I used view A, yoke and gathered skirt, but I used a knit waistband so I wouldn't have to set a zipper. I can't find my zipper foot.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008 07:41:07 AM by heyladyerin » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008 07:40:14 AM »

That's cute! And no, not just St. Patty's day .. I didn't even realize that it had clover til you said that! LOL Maybe I'm just blind! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittenana
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008 09:40:41 AM »

I think you could definitely wear this skirt past St. Patrick's Day. 
If you put interfacing on a stretch fabric, it won't stretch without tearing the interfacing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
heyladyerin
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008 02:37:41 PM »

Kittenana- is there a way to stiffen stretch fabric with something else, or is that just one of it's limitations. I'm asking because the waistband is so light weight that i am afraid it will roll and lose shape as soon as i wear it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Perrelle

Geeking it up, old school.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008 08:56:38 PM »

.Very cute! Hmm, the spirit of interfacing is to sew in a stiffer fabric, so maybe if you found a slightly more heavy-duty stretch fabric and sewed that in instead? It'll make your waistband a bit more bulky depending on the fabric used, but it'll do the job. Or a stretch lace on top might help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never give your reasons, for your judgement will probably be right, but your reasons almost certainly will be wrong.
heyladyerin
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008 09:04:19 PM »

cool. thanks. I just grabbed what was nearby at the time. next time, maybe a little more planning is in order. and i have never used stretch lace. i'm heading out to get some tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Five Thanksgiving Tips
How to Make Turkey Pot Pies
Quick Pumpkin Bread Recipe
How to Make a Breakfast Sandwich
How to Make Homemade Pumpkin Puree
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Bird Feeder
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...