A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,555
Currently Running With Scissors:
731 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stephan Jenkins Rasterbation  (Read 1435 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

brit0602
« on: March 14, 2008 08:54:19 PM »

This is what I did tonight....

I found a picture on the internet and went to this website (if anyone knows what it is Huh) and the website did the work for me.  Then I just taped them up to the wall and make the edges kinda all over the place so that my mistakes while cutting etc. wouldn't show as bad and it would look like it was on purpose.  (The hubby's idea)  I then painted strips on the wall around it to make like a really big frame.  Well, hope you enjoy, I love the feedback!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KNITTER'S GEEK CODE Grin
K C R +++ Exp+ Spm++ Bam+++ Addi> Cot+ Baa++ Lux+ Stash++(+) Scale++ Fin>+ Ent(soon) FI Int Tex++ Lace++ Felt++ Circ ML>+++ Swatch KIP++ EZ FO++ WIP+(+) GuageAll ALTX+Sp>+++
Breninja
Your life is yours to create

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008 08:58:43 PM »

wow, what a great idea.  I totally want to do something like this when I own a house.  If anyone knows of the website please share.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.
DaisyAlly
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008 08:59:52 PM »

Looks awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iamawesome

Hi, I'm Haley, and I talk too much..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008 09:06:20 PM »

here's a website that does it,http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/wizard.gas?Phase=1. I never tried it though..just googled it Smiley

I love the painted frame idea!!

P.S the reply thing should allow HTML ...would make things prettier Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"you're a towel" - towelie, south park
craftaclysm

The Sun never sets on the sneaky flute empire!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008 09:11:48 PM »

YEAH! the rasterbator!  for my house last year, i did a huge still from one of my favorite movies and put it in the living room across from the front door.  when i moved into my apartment this year, our living room has sloped ceilings on two sides, so my roommate and i each took a wall and put HUGE pictures of ourselves up there.  on the website they have a HUGE archive of all the things people have done; you should submit yours!  they can be some tricky little guys to assemble, but your lines all look really clean, and i love the idea of the frame around it.  way to rasterbate!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dinosaurus Meg

I wish I was a wolpertinger.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008 09:48:58 PM »

I work at a movietheater and we used this site to make ourselves posters of Casa Blanca, Breakfast ant Tiffany's, and ... some other movie I forget.

I like the border you made for this and I think it's neat how you chose smaller circles to make it more photographic. We used a little larger ones so it looks a little more pixelly. ( http://a544.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/10/l_3122b57ef49e0f8572eefb5df12b2ff7.jpg ) consequently the movie I can't remember... (my friend being artsy off to the side..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hey Fiber People: I am very interested in personal swaps for painted/dyed roving or top. I can swap supplies or crafted items. Let's talk!

Every body wants a rock to wind a piece of string around.
jMisSister
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008 03:53:51 PM »

That is an awesome idea!!  I think I might try this. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brit0602
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008 07:06:04 AM »

Thanks for all the comments.  And thanks Haley for putting up the website.  It was a lot of fun but if you try it make sure that the button to put borders on the pages is defiantly clicked.  I had clicked it but kept going back and changing stuff to make it how I wanted and somewhere along the way it got unclicked and was  a total pain in the ass to cut.  Other than that it was a big instant gratification project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KNITTER'S GEEK CODE Grin
K C R +++ Exp+ Spm++ Bam+++ Addi> Cot+ Baa++ Lux+ Stash++(+) Scale++ Fin>+ Ent(soon) FI Int Tex++ Lace++ Felt++ Circ ML>+++ Swatch KIP++ EZ FO++ WIP+(+) GuageAll ALTX+Sp>+++
OMGitsTinsel

I Support Local Music!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008 05:41:55 AM »

awesome!

my friend did something like this with a pic of matt skiba from alk3 and a pic of flogging molly. the only difference was that she photoshopped the image to look like it was only made of dots, so up close it was just dots; but as you stepped back, you could see the whole image. we're moving out together soon, and we plan on making our entire living room covered in these giant dot-resolution finishes of our favorite bands and stuff.

Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rockabilly Rebels, Unite!!

[__]~  yea.... I'm dynamite.... ~[__]
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to UVW Map and Texture - 3ds Max Part 2/2
How to Create an Animated Loading Screen - Photoshop
How to Customize a YouTube Channel - Photoshop Part 1/2
How to Customize a YouTube Channel - Photoshop Part 2/2
Photoshop Clone Stamp Tutorials
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...