A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 304,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
507 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Round 4 Gallery  (Read 24418 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yesa
« Reply #220 on: May 27, 2008 02:20:51 PM »

I got my package yesterday and was hoping to post pictures today, but it has to wait till tomorrow since the camera battery is empty from another photo shoot... D'oh.

I must say it was one of the best swap packages I've ever got. I can't wait to show you guys what kind of friends I got. Teehee. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yesa
« Reply #221 on: May 28, 2008 09:42:44 PM »

Ok, here we go. My stalker was Annchen from Sweden! I didn't even know there were swappers so near me. Anyway, she did an amazing job stalking me and making my wists come true.

She ripped some pages from an animal book for me to use the illustrations! I love forest animals. I also got a bookcrossing book. The Little Prince is my favourite, I have it in Finnish so I'm interested to read it in English, too.

Beautiful natural dyed wool yarn! They also have cute labels in Swedish. I love natural dyed fibers and even though I have a wool allergy (which Annchen had considered) I can use these as an inspiration.

Tiny, tiny dices in brooch! One was separate, I wonder if it has fell off from the row. I love board games so this is cool.

A box turned into sauna shrine! It has scented candles and small towels. I love it, now I can say I have my own sauna.

Now here's the best part, my new monster friends. I laughed when I saw the big one because I had never thought I would actually get one like that from my wists! First I thought it was store bought, but then I realised it was a teddy bear which just had ate his head off. So-freaking-cool. And the mouth is so deep that I can hardly reach the end with my fingers. I just have to figure out their names...

The small ones are taking a bath in the sauna (which apparently turned upside down, lol!). The big one is, ofcourse, very upset because it can't fit there, so it's eating the towels instead.

I absolutely love everything and can't thank enough!

Tack s hemskt myched igen, Annchen! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mojen

What perfume am I wearing? It's called Febreze.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #222 on: May 29, 2008 03:48:54 AM »

Those monsters are too cute!!

My stalkee has had a *nightmare* with her pc, so has asked me to post pics for her, I'll just have my coffee...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mojen

What perfume am I wearing? It's called Febreze.

« Reply #223 on: May 29, 2008 04:24:19 AM »

My partner was jojo_modjo, it was kinda spooky cause she shares quite a few things with my older sister... They have the same name, the same shoe size, the same job. the same taste in colours!!  So much so that the socks have been requested by my sister (I managed to make the pink toes different on the '2nd' on, so I ended up with 3 socks!!  Guess who's getting socks as a present soon...) and the puppets were nabbed by my sister before I could send them out!!  Thankfully they were quite easy to whip another set up!

Socks!

Cushion, to (hopefully) suit her decor!

puppet set, she's a teacher and requested (on another thread, obv!) puppets for stories

Felt stuffie Scottie dog!  She has a west highland terrier (sadly, there are, somewhere on a dead pc, pics of the real dog and the stuffie dog, damn pcs!  Cry)

Some extra bits - sweeties, 'teacher' stamps, some keyrings (she likes knick knack type things and took part in a whimsies swap), and a jolly rancher bar, which won't seem exciting to you US guys, but we can't generally get jolly ranchers here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: May 29, 2008 06:26:12 AM »

I just about peed myself laughing at that monster. How funny and so creative!  I love it!  Okay.. now who needs a severed teddy bear turned in to a monster?  hmmmm.... I will have to find someone to try that myself - add that to the infamous monster sized list of things I want to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #225 on: May 29, 2008 07:54:02 AM »

I still have a left over gorilla-head from my little experiment Smiley

I'm so glad you like the monster trio, they were so fun to make! The extra die was never attached, but I included it anyway.

I'm going to make my boyfriend take some in action pictures of me with my bag next week. I'm still debating if I should pack the scoodie to get help with good pics of that too (it's really summer weather now... hmmm...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yesa
« Reply #226 on: May 29, 2008 12:10:29 PM »

I still have a left over gorilla-head from my little experiment Smiley

I'm so glad you like the monster trio, they were so fun to make! The extra die was never attached, but I included it anyway.

Oh it was a gorilla? Well that explains even more Smiley I might try to make one myself, too, to give this one some company. They could, um, chew each others or something...

By the way, I forgot to mention that you wrote in the letter that there would be a magazine but I didn't see any. I'm amazed with the items I got already, so don't get me wrong, I'm just telling this so you're not wondering why it doesn't show in the pictures. I wonder if they took it in the post office? Don't know why though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KarenLouiseM
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 29, 2008 02:45:18 PM »

Code:
I still have a left over gorilla-head from my little experiment

Now THERE'S something you don't hear every day!

LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
thanate
wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

crafty alchemist (now, with tea!)

« Reply #228 on: May 29, 2008 02:53:47 PM »

I had a friend who had somehow acquired a giant teddy bear with the head and body separate; I kept trying to convince him to mount the head on a pike and stick it up somewhere to ward off irritating visitors.  (or you could make a gorilla-headed tentacle beast, if you're still in the mood for monsters!)

...and I have a mysterious package.  I think it's from this swap.  But it's entirely bare of identification, so I'm waiting to hear back from the organizers to confirm that they have seen the DC# before.  Further news soon, I expect...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thanate
wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

crafty alchemist (now, with tea!)

« Reply #229 on: May 30, 2008 04:41:11 AM »

Ok-- the lovely hotty blonde has confirmed that my package is in fact from bronzfrog (who has, I gather, been having an attack of life recently), so here's what she sent:

A super-large black messenger bag (with several internal pockets) and a fabric shopping bag, both with cute gear stencils on them.  And a lovely little tree of life charm. 

terrible action shot of the bag, sorry!  (I really need to dust this mirror, despite the fact it's not mine...)

Close-up of the gear stencils. 

...and my favorite, the tree of life charm in copper and malachite, one of my favorite combinations. 

Thanks, bronzfrog.  And thank you to our fearless organizers for putting so much effort into making all this work, and to everyone else for being a fun group to be part of.  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008 04:41:46 AM by thanate » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Professor Fransworth
How to Draw Poof
The Photoshop Secret Behind Long Exposure Photography
How to Draw Po
How to Draw Piccolo
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...