A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,168
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Round 4 Gallery  (Read 24077 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mimik
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2008 04:20:15 PM »

I received! My partner, meg2101 did a fabulous job.  I wish I could get a picture that does her package justice, I don't know why its coming out so blurry. 

She sent a big beautiful "diaper station" baby bag.  I love it - it is my style exactly.  The colors are beautiful and I just can't believe that this was her first attempt at a bag - it is super professional looking.  I LOVE the matching changing pad w/ the LOST logo on it...you can't see the words, but it says "DARMA" on it and has a diaper pin in the center.  My husband thought it was really cool.  She also made me a swap binder, which I'm very much in need of and I just love the fonts - Meg2101, how did you made such beautiful letters?  I couldn't get them to show in the picture, but trust me, they are beautiful... I also got some monogrammed stationary w/ the beautiful lettering and some really wonderful copies of old ads.  Last, but not least, she threw in a set of play keys for my little one ... he is going to love those!

THank you sooo much, partner, you did an excellent job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RachelKristin
rude crude & tattooed

Vulgarity is my specialty

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2008 04:50:26 PM »

holy crap, i LOOOVE the LOST changing pad, that is so awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Tumblr page
http://rachelkristin.tumblr.com/

Check out my Etsy store to purchase some of my work!
http://rachelmckay.etsy.com

Do you Twitter? Follow me!
http://twitter.com/JigsawYouth

My Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rachelmckay/
BadWolf

cassettetape--->BadWolf

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2008 05:27:11 PM »

I recieved from Hotty_blond2000! Prepare for some major IMAGE CHUBBINESS!

The big picks and cards to make more are for my boyfriend, staplegunned.

Here is the envelope it came in!

A sweet flannel orange apron with a cute white print on it. I'm wearing it loosely here. I can't wait to use it!

Some sa-weet bottle caps to turn into magnets! Conviently I have magnet strip. Heeheehee.

A loooong look down at my new stripey apron with lace edging. My mom has stolen this. I still have my orange one though. Ha!

And here it is at the waist.

Hankies!Whoot!

I'm just...so...happy!

Three cute cards!

Five awesome headbands that tie in the back, just the way I like them!

This is the fifth one. Oo la la!

She sent me 45 homemade notecards! 45!!!!

A little grey journal which is covered in tshirt material, i think. And let's look inside.

Polska! All my countries are inside.

little blurry but some hot fabric pieces to use in my projects. I think I might make another headband with the leopard print ones!

A felt needle book! Perfect! And here is why! I stepped on a f***ing thick needle last night. Like hte kind you hand sew heavy cloth with...Not pleasant at all.

Huuuuge bag! From old corduroy pants with a white sash around the loops! I think I could carry a baby in here! It's awesomely big!

And on meeee with my really messy hair.

Ooo and inside! Nice and blue!

a pillow cover from a cableknit sweater. Oooh yea. I have a duck down pillow that will fit in this.

a cuff from the sweater too!

What's this?

Yup!

Ok now crane your head over and you see a lovely calendar book with a toulouse-lautrec on it!

The inside. I am impressed. I would not have had the patience to color all that and cut it and then she even drew out the calendars and put important holidays in and a list of holidays that I might want to celebrate jus tin case I need to have fun.

Shrinky dinktastic! a Swallow charm! I'm going to find a good chain for this. Cheesy

Magazine envelopes! 45 of them! to go with the 45 notecards! Ooooh yeah!

More envelopes. Mhmmm!

A cool beaded necklace with a peace sign charm. Yay! Peace!

I have been wearing this since I got it pretty much nonstop except to shower. I like it!

Who can say "spoiled"?
Cheesy I loved everything! I can't wait to show Mike (stapelgunned) his stuff!

Oh! I forgot! She also included a link to a tutorial on glass etching for us cause we want to try it aaaand a little pirates of the caribbean temporary tattoo for Mike! I'm going to put it on his chest while he is sleeping...Or not. Hehehe.

THANKS HOTTY_BLOND2000!!!!!!!!

<3 <3 <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My username has changed from cassettetape to BadWolf.

"Does this shirt make me look like a party balloon?"-Mike

http://pinterest.com/marquesajen
RockstarMom
Missing my crafting time

Shhhhh.... I'm using glue!

« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2008 06:16:30 PM »

mimik-I love that bag!

cassettetape- HOLY SPOILAGE!! Shocked

Nice packages! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spring semester is kicking my butt.
hotty_blond2000

Crafting, Internet, and Pepsi are my weaknesses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2008 06:57:10 PM »

*warning LOOONNG post ahead*

Did you notice the artwork peices in the startrek envelope!?

Yay! I'm glad you liked everything cassettetape. I had a lot of fun spoiling you.

I never really sewn anything wearable before so the aprons were an interesting challenge but surprisingly easy to do.

Yes the corduroy bag was made from a pair of humungo mens pants (46waist/30) & a xl blue tshirt.
did you notice the tshirt has a neat design - sunglasses i believe?
I spent many hours well over 3 days HANDSewing almost all of that bag.
 Because attaching the shirt to the pants would be too tricky to do with the machine.
 Did you notice the pant's front pockets are brown corduroy inside?

I thought drawing the flags into the handbound (by me- yay!) journal would be a nice touch.

I wrote up a log while I did all the work. If anyones interested here you are if not skip.

Craft Log - Crafty Detective Round 4
March 10th:
 The stalking began. Started a folder on my computer for all the inspiration & info.

MArch 16th"
 Diy guitar pick kit for the boy.
 sorted through magazine pages for cool pix for origami or what-have-you; and for the notecards & envelopes.

March 24th"
 Made some cards.

March 25th:
 Cut pages for journal. Made some more cards.

MArch 28th:
 Finished all 45 cards.

March 29th:
 Finished all 45 Envelopes.
 Wrapped envelopes.

April 1st:
 Cut out headbands (some for this swap, me & xmas).
 Finished felt needlebook.
 got idea for artwork pieces.

April 2nd:
 Searched through jewelry made earlier this year - picked out 1 necklace & 1 bracelet.
 1 matchbook notepad.

April 5th:
 sorted clothes to find recon-ables.
 Decided to use huge corduroys that were too big for dad as the base of the messanger bag.
 tried to decide on decor theme.

April 6th:
 Finished 5 pieces of small artwork based off my old "graphical, aka graph paper" artwork from HS and early college.

April 7th:
 Sewed pages, cut cover, decorated cover for hand-bound "Flag Journal".

April 21st:
 Cut out pieces for pillow case, cuff, the main bodies of both aprons.

April 22nd:
 Cut legs off corduroys to begin work on messanger bag.

Post Decoder for 4/24/2008
my update:

Finished = 1 planner, 45 envelopes to go with, the 45 notecards, 1 diy guitar pick kit, 1 felt needlebook, matching bracelet & necklace, 1 matchbook notepad, 1 cross stitch kit pre-given, 5 pieces of artwork, 1 journal.

WIP = 2 aprons, ~8 headbands, 1 messanger bag, 1 cable knit pillow case from a sweater, and 1 cuff from same sweater.

I might slip some pieces of jewelry when I get around to bringing out my resin that I bought a year ago, but never opened, lol.

April 30th:
 bought handkerchiefs at Dollar General.

May 5th:
 Broke out the resin, hoping some will cure in time to send.

May 6th:
 Hand sewed the brown corduroy in to replace wimpy pockets; the tshirt into the pants for a lining; and half the zipper. Took about 4 hours there. phew!

May 7th:
 Hand sewed on the other half of zipper. Picked out & cut fabric for the strap {feels like suede}.

May 11th:
 did all machine sewing for headbands and part of the half-apron.

May 12th:
 Found some leopard scraps & picked out 2 of the resin bottlecaps to send.
 Finished 5 headbands with handsewing the straps on.

May 13th:
 Cut straps for half apron. picked ribbon and lace for both aprons.
 Finished both aprons, the pillow case.
 Turned straps for messanger bag.

May 14th:
 Was up to 5:30am hand sewing messanger bag; taking pix; and gathering everything up.
 Sent out.

I did all this while, working 3 days a week at McD's, doing full-time college work online, going to the school to do 9 exams (stupid medical law gave me 5 exams for whole semester), working on 4 different computers, trying to backup my files, worked on a couple of my own projects, on top of my normal routine.  I think I did pretty good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2008 08:18:48 PM »

Whoa, thats intense Hotty! I wish you would have gotten me, haha. I especially love the aprons and the knit pillow case!
Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
hotty_blond2000

Crafting, Internet, and Pepsi are my weaknesses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2008 08:24:39 PM »

Thanks. The knit pillow was easy.
When I ran across the fact that she liked cable knit I was like
"I have a couple cable knit sweaters I could take apart."
I only used my blue one since I like wearing my grey one, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf

cassettetape--->BadWolf

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2008 08:46:54 PM »

Oh! I did see the wall art! I forgot! There was so much! Haha. I'll go dig it them out now! Then I will put them up! Which is perfect, I just cleared alot of stuff off my wall.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My username has changed from cassettetape to BadWolf.

"Does this shirt make me look like a party balloon?"-Mike

http://pinterest.com/marquesajen
meg2101
Wand-Totin' Browncoat Ninja

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2008 10:44:04 PM »

So glad you like everything mimik! I thought the 'changing station' was pretty funny, I had originally thought about making your little guy a 'work man' suit but I opted for this instead, hopefully he's not too big to use it! Grin

I just made all the stationary in PSP, and if anyone would like to use the ads and articles they're from 1800s magazines that I got from the library where I work, and I'd be happy to share the files. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

|| Wist | Flickr | Icon by me ||
Mojen

What perfume am I wearing? It's called Febreze.

« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2008 02:51:07 AM »

oh man, I totally and utterly scored!

My partner was Yesa, and I'm so chasing her to be partners again in a future swap!!  It was like she'd quizzed me for hours, she got me totally spot on! (yay for huge Wists?  Grin)

I'll only semi-apologise for the amount of pics, I really wanted to show how awesome she is!

firstly the non-craft goodies:
LICORICE!  Grin Grin Grin (I might be a bit of an addict...)

including Moomins!  I have a strange fear/fascination with Moomins that Yesa couldn't have known about! heh

Handcarved stamps, her first go at carving! (I ADORE dragonflies and my Wist is full of "tree" stuff)

Tetris lego magents!!  My SO may claim these... I showed him the pics via IM: "when did that arrive? today? That's COOL!"  I might have to "hide" them on the fridge before he gets home  Roll Eyes

Reusable cloth pads!  I've been meaning to try them for a while, partic now I'm at home it means I can "experiment" without worrying about accidents! But I'm a bloody awful sewer, and I don't have a machine, and lots of other lame excuses  Roll Eyes  No more excuses!  Cheesy

and finally, but by no means least!  A recycled paper dragonfly book!  it's so pretty I'm gonna need to force myself to write in it!

It has lots of pages in Finnish (which are about green living or human rights apparently!) that I can spend hours doodling around and trying to work out what they say  Cheesy (again, my SO will be stoked with this, he's a languages nut, I suspect there'll be a few web pages, a notebook and a studious face...).  Why is everything so much more interesting in other languages??  Cheesy

There's also inserts of squared paper for me to actually write on

I really am so pleased!  I got flaked on in another swap and am waiting on an angel parcel for that, so I'm even more pleased that this one's worked out so well!

Did I mention I was pleased???  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Duplicating Library Items
Macromedia Flash 8 - Adding Elements to the Stage
Macromedia Flash 8 - Introducing the Flash Interface
Macromedia Flash 8 - Quick Flash Demo
Extreme Website Makeover - Saving and Updating Template-Based Files
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...