A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vegetarian Recipe Collection..post yours!  (Read 17166 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FancyShmancy

smoke. drink. craft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2005 07:00:52 PM »

Here's Scandinavian veggie recipe,sorry for the measurements but maybe you can convert them somewhere!

mmmm peppercheeks! i dont suppose you have a recipe for lefse (potato 'pancakes') or pulla (finnish sweet bread)? i suppose i could google them but you never know which recipe is the most authentic

LEFSE!!!  holy crap, i love that stuff. my family is norwegian.. well, in the sense that my great grandparents are the only ones from norway, but still! my mom uses her mom's lefse recipe (which is my great-grandmother's or even possibly someone else's further down the geneology chain) and it's amazing! it's another reason why i love christmas because once december hits, i know the lefse will soon follow!

i haven't read very far on this thread, but if you still need a lefse recipe, i'm sure i can post one for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seriously? like, seriously.
allie-loki
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2005 08:27:45 PM »

oh man. i would love to have that recipe! thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iloveyou330
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2005 02:09:36 PM »

Great recipes! I don't have any to share, but for those of you who like beans, bush vegetarian beans are delicous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

From the book Godless:

Just Al: I know that God is real. I feel his presence in my heart
Me: What does it feel like?
Just Al: It's hard to describe Jason. It feels good.
Me: Oh. I thought maybe it was like heartburn or something.
beebiz

Pool on the roof must have a leak.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2005 09:25:28 AM »

This one is a favorite in our house. I don't remember where I found it, but holy cow, it's good!!

Tofu Triangles:

12 oz extra firm tofu, chop it up into tiny pieces
1/2 cup shitake mushrooms, finely chopped
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tsp oriental chili sauce with garlic
1 tsp soy sauce  ( i use tamari)
wonton wrappers

Combine everything in a bowl.  Spoon about a tablespoon of the filling into the center of a wonton wrapper.  Brush the edges of the wrapper with water, and then fold one corner to the other (making a triangle)

Coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray.  put triangles on cookie sheet, and then LIGHTLY spray the cooking spray on top of the triangles.  Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes or until they are light brown and crispy....

we eat these with "dippy" sauces...i make my own peanut sauce or we dip in hot mustard sauce...they are fantabulous!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Grizelda
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2005 09:02:14 PM »

These recipes sound really good! I've been eating a lot of miso soup lately... this recipe isn't authentically Japanese, but I like it and it is really easy to make.

Miso Soup

water
6 baby potatoes, or 1 regular potato cut into chunkc
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
10 mushrooms, sliced
2 cups chopped bok choy (or your other favorite choy)
1/2 package firm tofu, cubed
3 tablespoons miso paste
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
chopped green onion

Put the potatoes, garlic, and ginger into a large pot and half fill the pot with water. Boil for around 10 minutes. add the mushrooms and tofu, simmer for another 5 minutes. add bok choy, miso, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Stir well and simmer another 3 minutes. Dish up and garnish with green onions.

You can add other vegetables if you are so inclined... it would also be good with noodles.

Enjoy! I sure do...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
haykyn

Smart Women Vote!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2005 10:26:29 AM »

Tofu & Broccoli Croissant Bundles
4 oz softened (room temp) reduced fat cream cheese
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper (I used hot shot - half black, half red)
1 c. cubed tofu (I used garlic and onion flavored)
1c. chopped broccoli
2 tubes (8 oz. each) refrigerated reduced fat crescent/croissant rolls
1/4 c. cheddar cheese

-In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, cheddar, salt and pepper. Add a little milk only if needed to soften cream cheese. Fold in broccoli and tofu.
-unroll dough and separate into 8 rectangles. press perforations together.
-spoon mixture (maybe 3/4 c. or so) onto middle of rectangle. Bring edges up to the center and seal (I really suck at this part. I'm a crescent seam sealing drop out. I hope you do better).
-optional: brush with melted butter and sprinkle with wheat germ and lightly press down (I didn't do that this time, but I might do it with the frozen ones when I cook them).
-Transfer to ungreased cookie sheets (best on pizza stone) and bake at 350? for 20 to 25 mins.

You can see a picture on my LJ: http://www.livejournal.com/users/haykyn/172174.html#cutid1
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trust yourself.  You know more than you think you do.  -Dr. Spock
BethyG

bang bang bang. the bigger, the better.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2005 09:59:53 AM »

hey all, i was watching tv (food network) and then i got inspired to look at the food network website. they have lots of great vegetarian recipes avalable online. take a look:
http://web.foodnetwork.com/food/web/searchResults?searchString=vegetarian&site=FOOD&searchType=Recipe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The boys i mean are not refined
They cannot chat of that and this
They do not give a fart for art
They kill like you would take a piss
They speak whatever's on their mind
They do whatever's in their pants
The boys i mean are not refined
They shake the mountains when they dance
hellotampon
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2006 06:23:35 PM »

so I'm starting school again next week and realized I have no idea what to bring for lunch. last year I would rely on the salad bar  for lunch but this year I'd like to try to bring my own healthy non-cafeteria-lame-excuse-for-lettuce salads. Any sandwich ideas (I like pretty much everything in my sandwiches but tomatos Lips sealed)? or anything else that has easy morning prep?

Thanks guys Smiley

I bring lunch to school and work all the time.  I usually chop up a bunch of raw verggies like bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. and put it in a sectioned plastic container with hummus in one of the sections.  Then I just dip and eat.  Some vegetables like carrot sticks and pea pods don't need any prep.  Then in another section of the container I usually throw in some dry cereal or trail mix, and I stick a piece of fruit in my purse.  If you like sandwiches you could put a pita pocket and knife in the container and assemble the sandwich at lunch.

Otherwise, I make brown rice or lentils or whatever the night before and just stick it in a container to take with me.  But I like the sectioned container lunch because it's quick and delicious and doesn't require any cooking or utensils or anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MurphyChick101
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2006 04:05:21 PM »

i dont know if anyone has posted this yet, i actually made a whole topic on it cuz i was so excited about it hehe

well i just made vegetarian sloppy joes

just buy the boca ground beef, heat it in a skillet on the stove, put in sloppy joe sauce (which is vegan!) and let it heat more, and ta da!

my moms not a vegetarian and she loved it.!!!

and i love it too tastes so good
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2006 04:24:02 PM »

Lefse hahaha... Yeah. There's so many similar recipies, too.. I know Rsti because it's simple Wink Grate potatoes in a bowl, pour some salt over it (maybe chop down some union if you like, but not mandatory for the dish..) and squish it around a bit so you have a nice consistency to it.. It should stick together pretty well, though not like a dough. If not sticking at all, add a lil bit of flour.
Make sort of hamburgers of it, though flatter if possible... and just fry it in butter (or, if you don't want to do it the proper way, it's just as good with oil haha..)

If they don't want to stick together as flat hamburgers, just try to make them thicker hamburgers, and flatten them out in the frying pan. Smiley Works fine. Makes them thinner too.

Serve with creme fraiche and chopped red unions (and smoked salmon if you're that kind of person)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...