A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,104
Currently Running With Scissors:
791 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stores that sell handmade items in Raleigh/Chapel Hill  (Read 1470 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Zelda.Suicide
« on: March 13, 2008 09:46:35 AM »

I have been looking for stores that sell handmade goods by local crafters in Raleigh and Chapel Hill and was wondering if any of you crafty folks know of any...

Also any local coffeeshops that are more inclined to sell handmade goods would be awesome too, as one of my specialties in fabric coffee cozies (as an alternative to paper sleeves)...

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lowercasek
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008 08:50:06 PM »

Oh, I am interested also. What a great question.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fiberartsy

That rug really tied the room together.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008 04:31:09 PM »

Have you been to WomanCraft in Chapel Hill?  Very neat shop chock full of stuff and it's all made by women, hence the name.  It's in the Eastgate Shopping Center off 15-501 on one side and off Franklin St on the other side (two ways to get in).  But it's worth a look.  Neat place. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JillBoBill
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008 05:01:15 AM »

I don't know about Chapel Hill, but there's this coffee house in downtown Raleigh (right by the university) that sells some pottery and photo-prints from local artists. It's called Global Village on Glennwood Ave. It might be a job if you live in Chapel Hill,  but their coffee is really good if nothing else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008 06:10:26 AM »

Thank fiberartsy and JillBoBill!

I will have to send my friend in Chapel Hill to WomanCraft to see if they would be interested (she's my go to gal in CH), and if not it sounds like somewhere she would love anyway.

And I am in Raleigh actually and my husband is a coffee junkie so we will have to check out that coffee shop, I will ask my BIL about it, he goes to State so he's probably been there (also a coffee junkie, it runs in the family, haha, I am surprised my 2.5 year old doesn't drink coffee from his sippy cup).

Again, thanks, I really appreciate the suggestions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandybles

I <3 my pooch.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008 04:09:10 PM »

I'm a little late on this (just joined and was browsing the regional board  Grin), but you might try Cameron's in University Mall in Chapel Hill, they sell lots of cute handmade things, but I have no idea what their buying is like. Also, Cup A Joe in Timberlyne shopping center sells some local art. I don't know about crafts, but the cup cozies might go over well! And I second WomanCraft. Global Village is an excellent coffee house (I've known a handful of people who worked there), but none of them have ever heard of a piece of the art or pottery being sold, and personally I've never seen the pottery move. You could ask about the cup cozies there, though. The owner is very eco-minded. Good luck!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008 05:32:43 PM »

Thanks!  That's awesome, yay for lots of places to check out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schtankylu
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008 08:31:55 PM »

Eclectic Garden on Wake Forest Road across from the Snoopy's in Raleigh sells those very things you are talking about. You could also display your goods in a place like Father & Sons downtown, where the entire multi-story building features things from different people. I bet several places up and down Glenwood South would feature local artists, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StartToFinish
Start To Finish Supplies

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008 07:58:54 PM »

There is a place near Glenwood in downtown Raleigh.  The Purple Armchair.  They carry handmade goods.  It is a pretty cool place to check out.

Katie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarakat
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008 08:45:30 AM »

In downtown Carrboro (which is right next to Chapel Hill) we have a store called Roulette Vintage that sells lots of handmade stuff, most of it upcycled clothing and accessories.
I love Roulette <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Tips for Great Summer Photos
Stunning Timelapse of Milky Way and Northern Lights In USA Skies
Taking Night Life Photos, Using Times Square as an Example
Adding Life to Landmark Photos
How to Photograph the New York City Skyline
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...