A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,470
Currently Running With Scissors:
574 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A couple of my wedding crafts... *a few pics*  (Read 2322 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TaraTot
« on: March 13, 2008 08:57:49 AM »

I haven't really gotten into really making the stuff I need for my October wedding but I'm starting.  

I had asked a question about my guest book and ended up with this:

I found an 8x8 scrapbook and recovered it with scrap paper.  I bought the felt (orange piece) on ebay and got the stickers for 50%.  I love how it turned out!  

My centerpieces:

I'm having a cake on each of my 25 tables and had a hard time finding inexpensive cake plates so I came up with the idea of using stacked wreaths.  I got lucky and found some of them at Dollar Tree and the rest at Hobby Lobby for half off.  So instead of spending $20 each on glass stands I've got something more my style for less than $5 each!  I'm not sure about the raffia yet - I might be making felt bows instead.  I really don't like the second one where the raffia is wrapped - it's yucky!  

Can't wait to share more pics with you gals!  Whatcha think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grendelsmom
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008 09:33:00 AM »

The scrapbook is lovely. Smiley 
I like the wreaths; the second one, with the raffia wrapped, would go well if you used a Bundt cake (so the lines in the cake would "parallel" the lines on the wreath) or used a glaze that dripped down the sides (same thinking).  Plus, if you're stacking multiple wreaths it might  make serving the cake easier - no chance of the wreaths slipping away from under the knife.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty gurll
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008 09:59:27 AM »

The wreath idea is wonderful!  How cute that will look! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TaraTot
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008 10:23:32 AM »

My FMIL did the wrapped rafia and I think it looks awful.  I like the bows better because it's not too much, ya know?

I'm wiring the wreaths together so they don't slip...  That would be tragic!

I'm doing my card box tonight so I'll have to post it tomorrow.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jadeye
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008 03:20:24 PM »

I love the cakes idea for centerpeices.  I think the bows do look better, maybe you could put a few silk fall flowers peaking through the wreaths.  I don't know how it would actually look but its an idea.  Did you have the cakes made by a professional?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TaraTot
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008 07:58:36 AM »

The cakes in those pictures were made by FMIL and the flowers on top are silk.  We're going to get all our cakes from Sam's Club, hopefully... I've got to go by there and talk to the bakery about making 25 cakes - I've estimated about $150 plus our 2 tiered cake so we'll see how it works out. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sanjaa
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008 06:48:22 AM »

I love the idea of a cake for a centerpiece. Honestly, I couln't choose between the two.  Maybe have a few different styles of the cake holders and use them.  I would also suggest you find some fake leafs (usually dollars stores have them, or somewhere online) and scatter a few leafs around the cakes. Just to make it pop out more. I am doing fairly small centeropieces too,a nd have to scatter some rose pettals, otherwise there is no "pop" to it whenyou walk into the hal.  Whatever you decide willlook lvely. Hmmmmm cake! Now I want some:).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008 10:10:37 AM »

i'm a fan of the little bows, too, but agreed, the raffia doesn't do it justice.  i can't wait to see your card box!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
mcmadison
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008 10:13:40 AM »

Your centerpieces are devine.  I actually like the 2nd one better.  Did you make the cakes urself?  What kind are they? Tres Chiq Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love is soo lovely
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Ways To Wear Leather Shorts For Fall
Le Bon Marché: Inside the Birthplace of Shopping
Chanel Spring 2014 RTW Runway Show: Celebrity Sightings at PFW 2014
Kim and Kanye Get Custom Designer Clothes For North
How to Style Your College Campus Gear
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #102-MissingWillow
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...