A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,386
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Third Eye Blind  (Read 784 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

brit0602
« on: March 12, 2008 09:20:22 PM »

I am so excited to finally post in this section.  I've been so inspired by all the embroidery that I wanted to try it out and I am now totally hooked.  So the hubby and I are big third eye blind fans...yes, even 10 years later.  And we have just got our first house that we are hoping to stay in for a while and we are wanting to turn our basement into a game room, with the main theme to be bands.  Well, I decided to print off a picture of a sign they have onto the computer fabric you feed into the printer.  And some satin stitch later you get this........

I know...the wrinkles are killing me.  I ironed the hell out of that thing and can't get them out.  So a question for all you embroidery masters...I left the backing on the fabric paper b/c the fabric itself is so thin you can't get hardly anything through there without making huge holes and making really bad stitches.  I really like the idea of printing onto fabric to embroider, so is there anything out there for doing that?  But I'd love to hear any feedback and suggestions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KNITTER'S GEEK CODE Grin
K C R +++ Exp+ Spm++ Bam+++ Addi> Cot+ Baa++ Lux+ Stash++(+) Scale++ Fin>+ Ent(soon) FI Int Tex++ Lace++ Felt++ Circ ML>+++ Swatch KIP++ EZ FO++ WIP+(+) GuageAll ALTX+Sp>+++
StephaniePrice
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008 09:40:33 PM »

Looks great! I too love 3EB- even now. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spazcadet55

great googely moogely

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008 01:10:54 AM »

I think it's awesome. Third eye blind remands  to be one of my favorite bands to this day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So, you like....stuff?
Orrkid
Crafty WICHITANS Unite!

I'm addicted to DDR. I need a 12-step program.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008 06:05:34 AM »

Shocked 10 years? Wow, that's depressing...

Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But we have flamethrowers. And what this indicates to me, it means that at some point, some person said to himself, "Gee, I sure would like to set those people on fire over there. But I'm way too far away to get the job done. If only I had something that would throw flame on them."
cedarwaxwing
P is for Prue trampled flat in a brawl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008 08:47:29 AM »

This is a blast from the past. I didn't even remember who they were I had to look it up. Aww, the 90's.

I haven't tried printing onto fabric but you could always print onto an iron-on transfer sheet and then iron onto the fabric. Let us know how it works next time
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brit0602
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008 09:45:52 AM »

Thanks so much for all the nice comments.  Oh yes...the 90s, that sounds funny to say b/c it doesn't seem that long ago.  The iron on transfer is a really good idea.  Didn't even think of that...thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KNITTER'S GEEK CODE Grin
K C R +++ Exp+ Spm++ Bam+++ Addi> Cot+ Baa++ Lux+ Stash++(+) Scale++ Fin>+ Ent(soon) FI Int Tex++ Lace++ Felt++ Circ ML>+++ Swatch KIP++ EZ FO++ WIP+(+) GuageAll ALTX+Sp>+++
TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008 06:56:28 PM »

They make a transfer pencil that you can use to trace or draw on to tracing paper, then iron on to your fabric.  Mine is red, I don't know if they come in other colors.  The directions say that you should make sure to cover any of the pencil marks with your stitches, but mine has washed right out of bright white cotton and linen every time.  This method doesn't change the texture or hand of your material at all, so if you're looking to stiffen it up at the same time I bet the iron-on transfer would be a better option.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy: http://suddenlytaxidermy.blogspot.com/
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/themistresst
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleOffPlumb & http://www.etsy.com/shop/GreatBigBeautifulDog

2013 Projects Completed: 61
'14: 42 (at least)
'15: 30
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Girls Night In: DIY Avocado and Banana Face Mask
Selfie-Ready Beauty Products
Must-Have Spring Beauty Launches
BEAUTY BUZZ: Tadashi Shoji - Fall 2015 - NYFW
Use Powder, Plus 9 Other Lash-Changing Mascara Hacks
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Kitchen Dishtowels with Fabric Accents
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...