A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
568 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sneaker Slippers  (Read 2548 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tiel
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008 08:21:20 PM »

I love those slippers.  I've got a book of crochet slippers and there is a pattern for some similar to those.  But, these look a lot better.  Slippers do have a lot of counting involved.  I've made several different ones and hate myself during the whole project.  However, once done I really enjoy them.  I go through a pair about every 4 months.  I wear them indoors and out so they don't last as long.  But the ones my grandma made me 20 years ago I still have in my special trinkets she gave me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not the brightest crayon in the box.
crochetmonkey

I'm ape over crocheting lol

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008 11:17:50 PM »

wow u did great I've tried all kinds of patterns to try and make my mom slippers but they never worked out But I did come across one in here The Mary James they where white I think she is the one that started the slipper swap I'm not to sure on that though. but I made them and it was easy but they looked to small maybe its because I only used one skien and she is using 2 skiens  so she can hold 2 pieces of yarn togeather. but when I did it with one thread it came out small it fit my daughter which is a size 7 kids and I even used the hook size she suggested. so I'm thinking I have to hold 2 threads together. I wont give up until I succeed with my moms slippers. I don't think I would be able to make those sneakers because I tried a slipper where u do the sole first  and than u work up will I did the sole good but I must be miss counting when u work up the sides because they looked messed up and boy did it make me real sad because it said easy slippers to crochet but I felt dum because it didn't work out for me .that is why I went with the Mary Jane's they are easy to whip up. will I'm just chatting away. I wish I was Ur partner I would love to of received them u did a great job. Oh how dose one get involved in a swap do u pay a fee to get involved with swap. I give u thumbs up on Ur sneakers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Allure 2014 Beauty Blogger Awards Finalist Tamira Laboy
Meet Allure 2014 Beauty Blogger Awards Finalist Megan Moore
Cheryl Cole Makeup Tutorial
Blac Chyna to Open Makeup Bar
Beauty Basics Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...