A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,181
Currently Running With Scissors:
502 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Puppy Hoodie  (Read 2366 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

holly1021
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008 11:39:47 AM »

Adorable!  I better be careful--if my DD sees these pics she'll be wanting one too. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008 12:23:03 PM »

Great job.  How did you attach the ears? (is it a two piece hood, slits, or are they just sewn o nthe top?)

That is one cute puppy...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
Leanaira
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008 03:32:32 PM »

This is very cute. You did a great job on it. You have a very beautiful baby- great eyes.

Thankyou... I think he is quite the cutie as well... he picks up girls and women everywhere  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leanaira
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008 03:36:07 PM »

adorable!  did you use a pattern, or just make your own?

I did use a pattern but I altered it slightly to make it the way I wanted it...  I used Simplicity 5378  It has no lining, no ears, and the end of the sleeves was supposed to have elastic but I didn't bother putting it in...  that way I can turn the jacket sleeve up and it looks like a cuff or leave it down for length...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leanaira
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008 03:53:30 PM »

That is so cute!  Smiley

So, this is your first experience with lining? Any tips for those of us who have never tried?

Well, it's not my first time using lining... but it is my first time that it has been a great success...  I did my own thing instead of following instructions of others...  It helps to understand what you are doing instead of being lead blindly...

Not great at explaining things, but maybe this will help...  making a lining is like making a secong hoodie.  you make the outer part of the hoodie, aswell as the inner part of the lining completely (well nearly complete,,, dont do any finishes on the bottom of the jacket, don't hem the hood or sew on the zipper as yet... you can baste it on to the outer fabric as normal)

After you have made the outer fabric and the lining.... put the right sides together and pin together along the zipper and hood... it will make a nice long line to sew...

Flip the fabric over and you should have the start of a lined hoodie....  next pull the sleeves to the inside of the hoodie....  make sure the seams at the arm hole is aligned...  Now hem the end of the sleeve.  I made it easier by cuting the lining an inch to an inch and a quarter shorter... so that I'd have a guide to fold over the fabric and have a flushed straight line for the hem... (I always would mess up there)   Tuck under another 1/4 inch and sew....

After doing the sleeves... fold back over the hoodie so that you see the wrong sides of the fabric again....  pin together the bottom of the hoodie leaving a 5-6 inch space in the middle...  Sew together and flip the hoodie over pushing it through the space that you didnt sew... pin the unsewn area together and sew a straight line from end to end... and voila!! lined hoodie!!!

Yikes... i really do hope you understand this...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leanaira
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008 03:57:56 PM »

Adorable!  I better be careful--if my DD sees these pics she'll be wanting one too. Smiley

lol... well If you want to commission one... I'll totally make the cutie a hoodie.. too...

Actually. I am loving this hoodie so much I am going to make a pants for this and then make one for me!!!   But I'll be a kitty  Wink 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008 04:16:44 PM by Leanaira » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leanaira
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008 08:08:39 AM »

Great job.  How did you attach the ears? (is it a two piece hood, slits, or are they just sewn o nthe top?)

That is one cute puppy...

Thanks... I made slits for where i wanted the ears...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Turmeric Is Used in Indian Recipes
How Garam Masala Is Used in Indian Recipes
How Fenugreek Is Used in Indian Recipes
How Cardamom Is Used in Indian Recipes
How to Make Tandoori Chicken Marinade
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...