A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,125
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tattoo Swap (Signup Closed; Sendouts by 04/25/08)  (Read 28907 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

missmuffcake

Spicy but sweet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2008 09:01:04 PM »

I would love to join this swap but I am waiting on my tax return for my first tattoo.. I don't even have my ears pierced Tongue I don't know if I could be inspirational enough.. I'll think about it.

I have nothing pierced. 11 years ago I got my lip pierced and it healed wrong. My ears swell up if anything metal touches them. I do not want to try to stick metal anyplace else.

I got my first tattoo in my mid twenties after my sister died in a car crash due to a drunk driver. My sister got tattooed a few years back and I finally wanted to get some work. So I decided on a really simple black and blue star outline...After that I was going back monthly - till the artist started doing crappy work. I have more memorial stuff for my sister but also I have gotten pieces for my mom (fleur de lis - spelling is way off and I am to lazy to google it!), cats for my cat, and a few inspired by my boyfriend like a creature he made me and an anchor with a heart - inside are his initials. My parents (inc. step) and boyfriend are virgin skin but all my younger cousins I grew up are inked. When we get together we compare stuff...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008 09:01:36 PM by missmuffcake » THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's more to life than books you know
                But not much more
Lilyvanilli
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2008 10:04:46 PM »

I don't have much pierced, just one hole in each ear. I actually got both pierced a second time but it hurt REALLY bad and I took the earrings out after about an hour and the holes closed up. I don't like needles and I can't handle them going all the way through parts of my body. Hours and hours of a needle grazing my skin however, no problem.  Cheesy

I got my first tattoo when I was 17. I was on a school choir trip to Europe and we all went crazy and got tattooed in Limerick, Ireland the day after St. Patrick's Day. I had no idea how to take care of tattoo so the sun that I got looks really crappy, but I love it cause it's my first. For a while I was determined to get a tattoo in every place I visited, or if it was a trip that would take me to many places, just one per trip. That changed when I turned 21 and realized that now, for me, it's way more about having really good artist's work on my body. I still like the idea of my travel tattoos, and am not opposed to getting more, but I'm way more careful about what I get than when I was younger.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

UrsulaDiamond
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2008 10:56:51 PM »

i'm not really into piecing but I have 5.. and i used to have a few more..
i've been getting tattooed now for 7 years.. i got my first tattoo at 16, it was a going away gift from an ex boyfriend.. it was some super small badly done tribal stuff that i got covered up with the rose/wings design on my gut/hips...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

octopusgirl13

Octopus love <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2008 11:48:19 PM »

im pondering on this one, i just dont know what i would make hmmmm
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TrashedClothing

You only wish you had a Yeti hat like me!

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2008 06:37:15 AM »

im pondering on this one, i just dont know what i would make hmmmm

I <3 Octopus. **wink wink nudge nudge**

Honestly, I am planning a complete underwater sleeve with an octopus, shark, definitely an angler fish. wheeeee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Diana dOr
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2008 06:46:01 AM »

I don't have much pierced, just one hole in each ear. I actually got both pierced a second time but it hurt REALLY bad and I took the earrings out after about an hour and the holes closed up. I don't like needles and I can't handle them going all the way through parts of my body. Hours and hours of a needle grazing my skin however, no problem.  Cheesy

I got my first tattoo when I was 17. I was on a school choir trip to Europe and we all went crazy and got tattooed in Limerick, Ireland the day after St. Patrick's Day. I had no idea how to take care of tattoo so the sun that I got looks really crappy, but I love it cause it's my first. For a while I was determined to get a tattoo in every place I visited, or if it was a trip that would take me to many places, just one per trip. That changed when I turned 21 and realized that now, for me, it's way more about having really good artist's work on my body. I still like the idea of my travel tattoos, and am not opposed to getting more, but I'm way more careful about what I get than when I was younger.

Sun in Ireland? In March?!
Just teasing. The six months I lived there, as well as the annual visits to relatives, always leave a fine coating of moisture on my memories.
For those seeking inspiration, don't forget bmezine.com for pictures of the fellow modified.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Knitting is a boon for those of us who are easily bored.  I take my knitting everywhere to take the edge off of moments that would otherwise drive me stark raving mad"
Lilyvanilli
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2008 09:03:09 AM »

Sun in Ireland? In March?!
Just teasing. The six months I lived there, as well as the annual visits to relatives, always leave a fine coating of moisture on my memories.
For those seeking inspiration, don't forget bmezine.com for pictures of the fellow modified.

LOL! We actually had surprisingly good weather while we were there. It was sunny and hot every day except the first day we got there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2008 09:17:53 AM »

You don't have to have tattoos to join the swap, you could just be a lover of tattoos Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
My pinterest
Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
shorty3boys

Life is short, JEEP nekid!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2008 09:59:17 AM »

Wahoooo! I got approved! I will try to find some "good" pictures of my decorations and post them.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

An apple a day keeps anyone away if you throw it at them hard enough Smiley

MY Wists.....
http://www.wists.com/dirtyjeepgirl75
Myspace.....
http://www.myspace.com/shorty3boys

My Ravelry ID: shorty3boys
RevvX
The Tiny Metal Viking Lass

Braaaiiinnsss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2008 11:05:11 AM »

And I am approved!  Now I have to get a second person and my camera together to takes some pictures of my ink.  UrsulaDiamond, I can relate to your problem--two of mine are on the backs of my arms, and that'll be a pain to photograph myself.  Grin

For now I'll just talk about 'em.  I have Thor's Hammer on my right arm, the Gripping Beast on my left, six zebra-striped stars on my stomach and an old school-inspired dice and cards on my right calf.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Plundering, pillaging, and being generally badass since 1000 A.D.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creamy Cream Cheese Corn Recipe
Crock Pot Eye of Round Roast Recipe
Beautiful Buttery Brown Noodles Recipe
Southern Cornbread with Sage Casserole Recipe
Hearty Turkey Pot Pie from Leftovers Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...