A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,095
Currently Running With Scissors:
723 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bridal Shower with no games??  (Read 3599 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sanity8080
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008 09:22:43 PM »

I hope my maid of honor AVOIDS the games like the effing plague.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sanity, Working Mom to my Kindergarten Princess, and Loving Wife to Silver, the only man who completes my soul.

My Etsy Shop
zazazoom
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008 11:11:44 PM »

an idea that someone had for their RSPVs (I think) was for people to draw pictures of the bride and groom and that seemed kind of cute and fun

otherwise if you have good food and drinks I am sure that just conversation will take up plenty of time and be amusing enough!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mcmadison
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008 10:23:21 AM »

I agree scrapbooking and bingo are better left for the baby shower IMHO Wink  At mine I had never been to a bridal shower before but I didnt know what to expect...I had a ball we only played two games.  One was a drinking game where the host had secretly interviewed my hubby and asked him several questions.  All the guests had one or two questions and they all asked me them.  If I got an answer wrong--of course I had to take a shot ;(  I shouldve made them take a shot for every answer I got right--Ode to Hindsight lol...

But for a more classy event you could change the sot to something else...dunno what off the top of my head though ;(

We also played the timeless pin the (whoo whoo) on the stud.  This was after we were all good and tipsy plus the spinning around made for some really funny tries.

Again this could be modified to pin the diamond on Audry or something a little less risk-que!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love is soo lovely
LindsayLuu
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008 12:48:36 PM »

I've been to plenty of showers without games, and we won't be having them at mine either.  Just good food, cake and presents.  People should be able to occupy themselves with conversation... although I do like the idea of passing out cards or pages for them to write marriage advice on...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rainylakechick
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008 01:37:36 PM »

an idea that someone had for their RSPVs (I think) was for people to draw pictures of the bride and groom and that seemed kind of cute and fun

otherwise if you have good food and drinks I am sure that just conversation will take up plenty of time and be amusing enough!

My friends had RSVP cards for their wedding, with which they asked their guests to make an artistic impression of the bride & groom on the back of the card. 

The cards were displayed at the wedding, hanging by strings, above the guest book.  It was pretty cool!

Link to the pictures
Note, these pictures weren't taken by me... but another friend.  This is her flickr site. 

This is the card my boyfriend made, on the left.  Apparently, it was a popular idea, as seen by the card on the right!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EOcrafter
Never met a craft I didn't like

mmm rummy drink!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008 12:16:21 PM »

I've been to showers where the host would come up with a list of WIERD stuff a chick might have in her purse and whoever has that stuff gets a prize.

rainylakechick..can you explain the photos with RSVP cards?  this ideas sounds so cute, i'm really thinking about it, but i'm not quite wrapping my head around it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008 12:34:11 PM »

you could have a cupcake decorating ...party?  activity? 

but get a bunch of plain cupcakes, a few different kinds of frosting, and a bunch of different/wacky toppers and sprinkles... you could also have a contest for best design, though i don't know if that would count as a game Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
islandfly
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008 01:32:23 PM »

I love games!! But thats just me! Im not really into the really dirty stuff.. but there are games Ive played before at bridal showers, that are clean and fun such as

We re-arranged a bunch or words, and you had to spell it right within a time limit.. eg  EIAA RGRM = MARRIAGE. There are a ton of fun, non sexual activies to do/play online.

If there are to be NO GAMES WHATSOEVER.. my aunt has this thing where they do tea parties  and then someone comes and does a skit about the guest of honor.

So it was my mom and her friends birthdays together, and they were both flight attendants, so everyone was to dress like they were traveling.. they came with suitcases etc .. all out!! The living room was set up like a plane, with all seats facing forward to a stage area, to see the skit.  Her nephew came out with an air hostesss uniform and a wig, and began to go through pre-flight safety instructions. It was hysterical! Then 2 other friends came on to do a skit about the guests lives.. when they met their husbands, bringing kids to work.. basically funny stories that really showed.. OMG that is soo her!! it took up the time, and then everyone got to chatting and reminiscing. Younger kids hanging out with older aunts.  Was pretty cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainylakechick
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008 01:55:29 PM »

rainylakechick..can you explain the photos with RSVP cards?  this ideas sounds so cute, i'm really thinking about it, but i'm not quite wrapping my head around it

These were the actual RSVP cards, sent in the wedding invitations.  At the bottom of the RSVP card (which included a SASE for the guest to return the card), the bride and groom had written something like, "Please include an artistic impression of the bride and groom on the back.  Your art piece will be displayed at the wedding reception."

The wedding party helped string up the drawings, hung above the guest book, at the reception.  Everyone got to see the great talent of the other guests as we arrived!  Some pieces were drawn on the card, some were printed, some were glued.  It all depended on the guest. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

adiemonster

hiphopmapotamus v.s rymnoserous

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2008 07:23:47 AM »

you could give out those ear plugs (you know, the ones with the little tassles hanging from the sides)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS SWAP 2!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=280446.0
(this is info forum)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Move Mountains with Photoshop
How to Add titles in Premiere Pro CS4
How to Make an Animated Emoticon with Adobe Photoshop
How to Outline your Fonts in Illustrator
How to Embed Images into Adobe Illustrator CS
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...