A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
433 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bread Machine Jiffy Rolls  (Read 4650 times)
Tags for this thread: bread  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

robynsteiner
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I heart SLB...He's dreamy!

Fo Shizzle, yo...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008 08:35:19 PM »

Those look soooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooo delicious! Too bad I started that dastardly diet again today. These might just knock me off the wagon! I'm definitely going to make these for Easter. I may eat them all myself!
Share some more of your recipes, puuuuuuuhhhhhhlllll eeeeeeeezzzzzeeeee?HuhHuh?
awe thanks, I am on that cursed diet tooooooo. The kid though will not suffer with me lol, hes actually trying to put weight on! Most of the bread and roll recipes I make are adapted to the dough cycle of the bread machine. I never bake bread in the machine ( the crusts are so gross ). I love the dough cycle because it does 90 percent of the work and does the 1st rise too! BTE your Avatar is to cute!

Thanks! Your avatar is cute, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

L: "Don't leave your dirty package on the table."
C: "If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that..."

I WIST I had all these super cool things!

See you in the clouds, sweet little Jackson.
Finner
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008 08:57:13 AM »

Hi, I'm new here and I just have one question.  I can't find any Jiffy cake mixes in my area, is there a substitute I can use instead of Jiffy?  Your bread looks great, and if it's anything like Hawaiian rolls, my daughter will love them.  Can't wait to try them out!

Finner
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Diesels_Mom
Please refrain from frying bacon naked.

Mango Tango Scented Love Machine

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008 09:38:22 AM »

Hi, I'm new here and I just have one question.  I can't find any Jiffy cake mixes in my area, is there a substitute I can use instead of Jiffy?  Your bread looks great, and if it's anything like Hawaiian rolls, my daughter will love them.  Can't wait to try them out!

Finner
The only place I have found them is the Walmart grocery stores, but I have used regular cake mix ,I just weighed out nine ounces ( half a box ) I used regular cake mix though not the pudding in the mix kind. I haven't tried that kind yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/dieselsmom

* I Love personal swaps! *

"A dog is not almost-human, and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such." - John Holmes
robynsteiner

Fo Shizzle, yo...

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008 08:49:19 PM »

Diesels_Mom - I finally made them tonight! Yippee! They are every bit as delicious as they look and OMG - they are soooo easy!

Finner - Jiffy mixes abound everywhere I live - but that's in Georgia, and I think it's a Southern thing. It comes in a teeny, tiny box that's easily overlooked - even I have a tough time bird-dogging it and I buy it all the time! They are usually 2 boxes for $1.  I used the yellow mix cause that's what they had.

My husband raved about these, and he's no raver.

Here's a before baking (and before the 2nd rise) teaser....

and hot out of the oven - before we scarfed them up like the rabid dogs we are! Our real well-mannered doggies loved them, too!  Look how fat they got! Yummy!!

Thank you soooooooooooo much for the recipe - Diesels_Mom is the best!

BTW: Couple things....I did these by hand, no bread machine.  I didn't brush the tops with butter before taking the pic - 'cuz I was so stinking proud of myself I couldn't wait to take a picture. And, I believe my oven came Factory Direct from Crap City Appliances - ergo the uneven browning and general wonky-ness on the tops.

Aside from all those things, they are stupendous and I highly, highly, highly recommend making them!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008 05:39:54 AM »

OK  here is a  link to the  product locater
http://productlocator.infores.com/productlocator/resources/9/KEGP/keg.pli?client=CHML

just  pick what you are looking for and  enter  zip.
  Good luck!!
and  for  those  who don't know its a white box with a  blue top.  they have a  wide range of things like corn muffin/bread mix, banana muffin mix, cake mix....etc.  Our walmart carries them over by the flour and before you get to the other cake mixes and they are near the bottom 2 shelves.
Kroger carries them also.   I know I have found them in Michigan years ago. But I grew up on them in Indiana.  more popular here tho for sure (in the south)

OH  and Dieselsmom  THANK YOU!!   I have  just recently started up the bread machine again  and was searching for a decent recipe. well seems I found my love! I will make them tomorrow when I have time.  just happen to have the jiffy mix on hand! LOL

also  curious if you have ever  made this into loaves??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008 05:45:23 AM »

OK  I tried the  actual  link for the  locater and well  it  did not  show  any results in my area  and I know EVERY  around here (even the mini mart gas station type place (Golden Pantry)  anyway  so good luck  OH  and dollar General carries them too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
Diesels_Mom

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008 08:57:49 AM »

Diesels_Mom - I finally made them tonight! Yippee! They are every bit as delicious as they look and OMG - they are soooo easy!

Finner - Jiffy mixes abound everywhere I live - but that's in Georgia, and I think it's a Southern thing. It comes in a teeny, tiny box that's easily overlooked - even I have a tough time bird-dogging it and I buy it all the time! They are usually 2 boxes for $1.  I used the yellow mix cause that's what they had.

My husband raved about these, and he's no raver.

Here's a before baking (and before the 2nd rise) teaser....

and hot out of the oven - before we scarfed them up like the rabid dogs we are! Our real well-mannered doggies loved them, too!  Look how fat they got! Yummy!!

Thank you soooooooooooo much for the recipe - Diesels_Mom is the best!

BTW: Couple things....I did these by hand, no bread machine.  I didn't brush the tops with butter before taking the pic - 'cuz I was so stinking proud of myself I couldn't wait to take a picture. And, I believe my oven came Factory Direct from Crap City Appliances - ergo the uneven browning and general wonky-ness on the tops.

Aside from all those things, they are stupendous and I highly, highly, highly recommend making them!!
I am so glad you liked them they look yummy and they are so easy arent they? Now I wanna make another batch tonight. I found lemon jiffy cake mix so I am gonna see how those taste. I am going to make them bun sized though and put some thick cut grilled ham and pineapple on them for the kid, with another of his favorites snickers brownies made with cake mix. I am the cake mix queen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A dog is not almost-human, and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such." - John Holmes
Diesels_Mom

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008 09:04:50 AM »

Quote from: jloveg link=topic=233183.msg2588481#msg2588481 date=1206621594

also  curious if you have ever  made this into loaves??
[/quote

No I have not but I think it would work, esp. if you did it in like a pie pan similar to a kings hawaiian loaf. I have only baked bread once in my machine and that was enough I cant stand the crusts from the machine. I don't know if this would bake good in the machine.
I do make into hamburger sized buns and they come out fantastic.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008 09:07:11 AM by Diesels_Mom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008 03:02:05 PM »

I totally agree I  like  the non machine crust  so much better!!

and  I think me and rboecler   managed to shop at the same place for appliances.  well mine was here when we  moved in this  house  I am praying it  breaks so I can get a  new  one  LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

robynsteiner

Fo Shizzle, yo...

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008 10:03:58 PM »

I think me and rboecler   managed to shop at the same place for appliances.  well mine was here when we  moved in this  house  I am praying it  breaks so I can get a  new  one  LOL

Hilarious! I inherited my crappy oven from my husband. I think it was one of the first ones ever made. He thinks if it still gets hot that it's OK to keep using. Boys, they just don't get it - Oy!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Long Hair With Jerome Lordet
How to Pin Curl Long Hair
What Are the Best Long Hair Wedding Hairstyles?
How To Do A Quick And Easy Messy Bun
40s Inspired Hairstyles at Carolina Herrera Fall 2013 Show
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...