A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,171
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bread Machine Jiffy Rolls  (Read 4693 times)
Tags for this thread: bread  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Diesels_Mom
Please refrain from frying bacon naked.

Mango Tango Scented Love Machine

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2008 11:29:34 AM »

These are a slightly sweet dinner roll, really similar to kings hawaiian rolls, but a better texture because they are baked fresh. These are my sons hands down favorite roll . He likes me to make them bigger so he can have them for ham sandwiches too.

Jiffy Rolls

1 9 (oz) box jiffy cake mix yellow, or white
1 pkg. or 2 and 1/4 teas. yeast
1/2 teas. salt
1 1/4 cups warm water
3 c. flour all purpose is ok but I always use bread flour
In bread machine pan put water, then salt, the cake mix and flour top with the yeast and put it on the dough cycle. When cycle is complete remove from bread machine, I don't flour my rolling board I oil it so do what you prefer and cut and then roll into 15 to 20 rolls, put on a greased baking sheet cover and let rise till double about an hour. Bake at 400 10 to 15 minutes.
You can also do this w/o a bread machine I am just lazy.

I had a pretty pan full buut when I went to answer the phone my son and his friends raided my kitchen. God save me from hungry teenage boys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/dieselsmom

* I Love personal swaps! *

"A dog is not almost-human, and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such." - John Holmes
barbee
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008 12:43:08 PM »

my family and I absolutely adore the hawaiian rolls. I am saving this recipe. thanks so much for posting it can't wait to try it out! Now i have to pull my bread machine out...its a tad dusty!!!! I've been lazy thanks again they look wonderful, man now i'm hungry too!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
robynsteiner
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I heart SLB...He's dreamy!

Fo Shizzle, yo...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008 01:08:46 PM »

Those look sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo delicious! Too bad I started that dastardly diet again today. These might just knock me off the wagon! I'm definitely going to make these for Easter. I may eat them all myself!
Share some more of your recipes, puuuuuuuhhhhhhllllleeeeeeeezzzzzeeeee?HuhHuh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

L: "Don't leave your dirty package on the table."
C: "If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that..."

I WIST I had all these super cool things!

See you in the clouds, sweet little Jackson.
Mrsblocko

It's not only sticious, it's SUPER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008 01:12:28 PM »

omg these look so so good. 

I don't own a bread machine, so I'm a bit clueless.  What would i need to do differently to make this? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Diesels_Mom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008 01:31:28 PM »

omg these look so so good. 

I don't own a bread machine, so I'm a bit clueless.  What would i need to do differently to make this? 

combine cake mix, yeast and salt. add water and flour to make a soft dough, dough will be quite sticky. cover let rise until double, 1 to 1 1/2 hours . stir down dough, spoon onto well floured or lightly oiled surface ( your preference )gently turn a few times to lightly coat with the flour or the oil. shape into balls and place sides touching on a greased sheet or in a greased muffin tin ( my boy likes the pull apart kind ). cover and let rise until double about 1 hour bake at 400 for 10 to 15 minutes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A dog is not almost-human, and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such." - John Holmes
Diesels_Mom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008 01:35:47 PM »

Those look sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo delicious! Too bad I started that dastardly diet again today. These might just knock me off the wagon! I'm definitely going to make these for Easter. I may eat them all myself!
Share some more of your recipes, puuuuuuuhhhhhhllllleeeeeeeezzzzzeeeee?HuhHuh?
awe thanks, I am on that cursed diet tooooooo. The kid though will not suffer with me lol, hes actually trying to put weight on! Most of the bread and roll recipes I make are adapted to the dough cycle of the bread machine. I never bake bread in the machine ( the crusts are so gross ). I love the dough cycle because it does 90 percent of the work and does the 1st rise too! BTE your Avatar is to cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008 01:40:19 PM »

If it were not for Craftsters sharing simple recipes, I am afraid I would be so dependent on my husband cooking all the time!  Thanks for this one!  My new year's resolution was to cook something at least once a week! I can do this one I am sure!  oh yum!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Diesels_Mom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008 01:47:56 PM »

If it were not for Craftsters sharing simple recipes, I am afraid I would be so dependent on my husband cooking all the time!  Thanks for this one!  My new year's resolution was to cook something at least once a week! I can do this one I am sure!  oh yum!
I haven't met a man yet who doesn't love these rolls. They are also really impressed when you say you made them from scratch lol!
A couple of good books that have simple but good recipes are the cake doctor and the dinner doctor you can get the used on amazon for like 4.00 each. They are my standard newlyweds gift. I use them alot to because I hate to spend more then 30 minutes in the kitchen lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

misspotatoalauren
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008 05:41:10 PM »

They look delicious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008 09:04:08 AM »

Thanks, diesels_mom!  I have a Betty Crocker cookbook but the recipes take longer than my patience allows!  Fast and easy is appreciated...I will look up those books!  and, I put all of the ingredients for the rolls on the grocery list for hubby to pick up!  I hope he is impressed!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Unique Parting Tips
Onesta Beautiful Hair Foam Review
How to Create Beach Curl Waves
How to Create a Unique Braid and Messy Bun
Britney Spears Inspired Hair and Make Up Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...