A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
721 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Postcard Swap Round 5 ( Sign Ups Closed, Send outs March 31 )  (Read 8722 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2008 09:04:44 PM »

Not intentionally!! It's just that there seems to be a certain group of Craftsters who all want to do the same swaps.

We're obviously all nuts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
babiestarlite13
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2008 09:22:59 PM »

just coincidentally we recieved postcards in our swap..... and i have like a gagillion Great Smoky Mountains postcards from a past job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2008 10:16:24 PM »

Okay! Postcard swap.... I hope people like homemade ones featuring some of my prettier photos?Huh....

I would be interested to get one of yours and I don't even know what they would look like. But I enjoy photography so that would be nice. How do you make them, if I may ask?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2008 11:24:12 PM »

Okay! Postcard swap.... I hope people like homemade ones featuring some of my prettier photos?Huh....

I would be interested to get one of yours and I don't even know what they would look like. But I enjoy photography so that would be nice. How do you make them, if I may ask?

Please don't think I'm a photographer! But if I had to send another shit-boring shot of Melbourne's skyline taken by Steve Parrish I will go completely crazy. I like my photos better than the bland-yet-professional ones that are available in shops.

They're nothing special at all. I take photos of stuff... usually boring stuff with boring angles and what not. If I'm lucky, they're in focus. Every now and then, I get something that looks a bit more exciting. I like to muck around with colour levels, and I get stuff that looks fun... lately I've been trying to make my photos look like those oversaturated things from the 70s.

Then it's easy - I print onto gloss photo paper, glue to card, glue card to plain paper, and cut out. Voila - a postcard-like object. Though I might see if I can get a wee bit more exciting than that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
ursulaandolive

ursulaandolive.etsy.com

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2008 05:16:31 AM »

I can't wait to find out who my swap buddy is so I can start planning my postcards. Smiley 

Also, quick question.  This is my 1st swap here on craftster.  When we get postcards from the swap can we show the pictures here on crafster or do people usually make a flickr group for it or something?  I'd just like to see everyones cards. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Grok Spock!
FicklePegasus

Evil, but in a good way

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2008 06:11:43 AM »

There will be  gallery posted here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=84.0 when the first card is sent.  Not everyone has Flickr, so a group on there wouldn't work out anyway. Check out some of the galleries in the link, people have posted amazing stuff. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/FicklePegasus

My Baby Cuthulu Blanket was featured on http://geekcrafts.com/
ursulaandolive

ursulaandolive.etsy.com

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2008 06:33:53 AM »

Thanks Ficklepegasus.  I just checked out some of the pictures from previous postcard swaps.  So much creativity out there - it's wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Grok Spock!
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2008 10:19:00 AM »

Sorry I'm late guys.

you can still sign up today, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2008 10:40:17 AM »

Please don't think I'm a photographer! But if I had to send another shit-boring shot of Melbourne's skyline taken by Steve Parrish I will go completely crazy. I like my photos better than the bland-yet-professional ones that are available in shops.

They're nothing special at all. I take photos of stuff... usually boring stuff with boring angles and what not. If I'm lucky, they're in focus. Every now and then, I get something that looks a bit more exciting. I like to muck around with colour levels, and I get stuff that looks fun... lately I've been trying to make my photos look like those oversaturated things from the 70s.

Then it's easy - I print onto gloss photo paper, glue to card, glue card to plain paper, and cut out. Voila - a postcard-like object. Though I might see if I can get a wee bit more exciting than that.

I don't know if we would get paired up or not (I'm swapping one home made and three store bought) but I would still be interested! I like to take random pictures as well, interesting shapes usually inspire me more than anything! So my pictures aren't what you would normally see in a store either. I have a few that I really like though and it would be fun to make them into postcards so thanks for the how-to
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2008 11:18:22 AM »

definatly sign up today if you want in!

Sign ups close tonight at 9pm est time, and partners will be out by 11pm est time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Fimo Beads
How to String Beads
How to Make a Shamballa Bracelet
How to Make Bridal Necklaces
How to Make a Feather Necklace
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...