A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 301,608
Currently Running With Scissors:
367 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: knitpicks yarn?  (Read 5237 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

agengr2004
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2006 07:50:18 AM »

I love knit picks!  I'm scared to even think how much of salary they get.  I've used shine and shine worsted and they are both great yarns.  I've got some simple stripes to use but I think they are discontinuing that line.  Andean Silk and Andean Treasure are two my favorites.

I've been ordering a lot of their color cards here recently and they have nice color selections.  The yarn colors seem to be complimentary to the other colors for that yarn, which makes it much easier to design a color scheme.

I'm not crazy about their shipping but for the prices I can suck it up. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006 09:03:26 AM »

theres this seemingly awesome yarn website called knitpicks.com. i've heard others mention it when making things. so i have a question: how is the quality of knitpicks essential or any of their yarns for that matter? thanks for any help at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

D.I.Winer
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2006 09:39:53 AM »

Knitpicks is great!

I've used the merino style & right now I'm knitting a sweater using the swish superwash & it is *so* soft - I just hope it doesn't go weird after I wash it. I got some of the Essential sock yarn & the colours are great & it feels super super soft but I haven't knit it yet.

it's cheap enough that you can just order a ball or 2 to test it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PlayItGeorge
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006 10:22:07 AM »

I have used knitpicks Wool of the Andes, Andean Silk, and Telemark before.  While I like all three, I have to say the Telemark is really, really amazing.  It is the least itchy wool I've ever touched.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

8littlepaws.wordpress.com
watchgirl
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2006 10:30:25 AM »

I've used the Bare Merino fingering weight for socks and all I want now is merino! It's supersoft and not at all itchy. Anyone that says wool is itchy, I make them feel my socks!   Cheesy I have the Essentials and it's not as soft as the merino but still really nice. I also have Wool of the Andes Bulky Hand Dye and that's nice too.
I've had other knitters tell me that Knitpicks yarn pills too much, but I've only had pilling on my socks after I've been wearing them all day.  Usually where my shoe rubs on the sock on my heel. I think it's awesome and really affordable. I really want to try their needles next.
-Paula
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Violet
constantly craftsterbating

and a half

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2006 10:39:05 AM »

i've used knitpicks essentials, memories, and simple stripes for socks and i love them all. i've also used their shine, and wool of the andes lines for other projects and they've been great. i loooove knitpicks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: http://violetsknits.blogspot.com
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '........................................................')
boycott sew fast, sew easy! visit www.freetostitchfreetobitch.org
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2006 10:52:33 AM »

I've combined this thread with about four others on the same topic.  (Please search before you post a topic, by the way, it helps us mods!)  You might consider reading back through the previous few pages of this new super-thread to see what others have said about Knitpicks in the past several years.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
djinnj
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2006 10:57:30 AM »

Can't stand Wool of the Andes.  It pills up and looks ratty very quickly and doesn't take well to unraveling if you have to frog a section or reuse your swatch.  The yarn felts to the shaft and looks very sorry.   For an inexpensive basic worsted weight wool, I much prefer elann's Highland Wool.

Andean Silk in the old put ups (the tubular skeins as opposed to their round balls) was stretched out and limp, the balls are *much* better for the yarn.  It's butter soft and very beautiful, but like some folks, I can't abide alpaca against sensitive skin areas, so no matter how luscious it is to knit with (and it is), I can't wear it around my neck or wrists. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2006 11:39:54 AM »

I've combined this thread with about four others on the same topic.  (Please search before you post a topic, by the way, it helps us mods!)  You might consider reading back through the previous few pages of this new super-thread to see what others have said about Knitpicks in the past several years.
thanks for combining it, (i didn't search b/c my computer doesn't want me too, i've been have diffculties lately)
So appearently, knitpicks is amazing. thats great. i'm so excited i want to buy more yarn now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2006 11:50:51 AM »

thanks for combining it, (i didn't search b/c my computer doesn't want me too, i've been have diffculties lately)
[/quote]

Thursday I tried to search all day long and the site only let me do it late in the evening. Must have been out having turkey...

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Say Yes to 5-Minute Hairstyles for the Holidays
Easy Ways to Boost Hair Volume
How to Use Dry Shampoo
Tips For Smoothing Your Split Ends
How to Get a Chic Chignon Hairstyle in Under 5 Minutes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...