A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,213
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knit Square Swap?  (Read 339 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ericav
« on: March 09, 2008 10:11:24 AM »

I was thinking that maybe we can make start a knit square exchange? I wanted to make an afghan in different types of square and I thought it would be fun to exchange square with some craftsters. I think it would be an easy swap and a no fuss one. What do you guys think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bettflow
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008 11:26:09 AM »

Have you thought about making this a knitted or crocheted square swap???  I have done alot of crochet square swaps over the past 5 years, but I don't knit.  I would definately be game if it could include both knit and crochet.
Whatcha think???
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ericav
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008 11:56:27 AM »

I don't think that would be a bad idea. I'm sure there will be people that know how to do both. If there are people that only want a knit square or a crochet square, that probably won't be a problem to match them up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayrun
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008 12:18:22 PM »

sounds like fun, and low stress  Smiley
Could do a repeat every month or so, until you get
enough for an afghan?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bettflow
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008 12:56:10 PM »

Yes.....I know for one that I like crocheted squares much better than I do knitted.  We could always have both crocheters and knitters sign up and then match them according to preference.  I'm really excited about this idea!!!  Do you have a size in mind for the squares?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008 01:01:07 PM »

If it turns out as knit and crochet then count me in  Smiley (not that I haven't already got 3 blankets in progress  Wink)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008 01:01:41 PM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
ericav
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008 02:40:34 PM »

enough for an afghan?

That sound like an even better idea! As for size of squares, well i've never done this before so I'm not too sure how big the squares should be. (I'm not too great with math here so bear with me.) I guess if we do this as a repeated swap with the intention of getting a full sized afghan, in say 6 months or so, we should make the squares be a certain size. Maybe the swap could be to make 2 squares of x size.

I guess in the pairing we should ask what color and type of yarn would be preferred too so the afghan wouldn't look too mish mosh.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008 02:48:46 PM by ericav » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayrun
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008 02:54:34 PM »

enough for an afghan?

That sound like an even better idea! As for size of squares, well i've never done this before so I'm not too sure how big the squares should be. (I'm not too great with math here so bear with me.) I guess if we do this as a repeated swap with the intention of getting a full sized afghan, in say 6 months or so, we should make the squares be a certain size. Maybe the swap could be to make 2 squares of x size.

I guess in the pairing we should ask what color and type of yarn would be preferred too so the afghan wouldn't look too mish mosh.

Yes,
I agree on color & type of yarn (at least a range of colors so we are not TOO pinned down  Smiley
And I must admit that I have several 12 in. squares that someone crocheted for me in swaps awhile back, so I'd love to continue on with that size....
(plus it would not take as many months to get enough for your blanket)
Hope this comes into being in April, maybe?
Maybe I'll start a couple of neutral squares just so I'll be ready when/if this gets going....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ezri_B
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008 10:40:18 AM »

There have been these swaps before, I think one is still wrapping up. It seems like most swappers work out well, but the one or two flakers really mess everything up.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=106555.0 is the first one I know of. It had quilters, knitters, and crocheters

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=180220.0 This is the latest one I know of. It started last summer, and still isn't all squared away unfortunately.

I'm sure if you ask in these swaps you'll get some who would love to join also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Ahi Tuna Hawaiian Style
Stuffed Pepers Recipe
Homemade French Fries Recipe
How To Cook Grilled Chicken
How to Make Chicken Nuggets
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...