A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,489
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Puffles, a penguin and 2 aminekos  (Read 15625 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008 04:58:24 AM »

The cats & penguin, are they difficult to make?  I dont know how to crochet, but want to learn because Id love to make little crochet critters like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
teachingjonah
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008 02:36:04 PM »

The cats & penguin, are they difficult to make?  I dont know how to crochet, but want to learn because Id love to make little crochet critters like that.
No, They weren't difficult.  Here is a link to see more cats and to get the pattern:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=87570.0
It is definately worth learning to crochet to make them, and you only need to know how to single crochet Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sappho
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008 12:02:12 AM »

Zomg! I saw Puffles in the thread title and I couldn't believe it. Three of my really good friends work for Club Penguin. I definitely know what they're getting for their birthdays! Thanks for the inspiration Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nicopod
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008 02:46:51 AM »

They are sooo nice Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teachingjonah
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008 03:52:34 AM »

Thanks everyone.  I forgot to add that I used a G hook and Caron's simply soft (Worsted Weight) to make the puffles.  I also used Red heart for some that aren't pictured.  Sorry I didn't write a pattern, but I would love to see any other puffles that you make Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008 06:20:45 AM »

No, They weren't difficult.  Here is a link to see more cats and to get the pattern:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=87570.0
It is definately worth learning to crochet to make them, and you only need to know how to single crochet Smiley

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!  Smiley  Grin  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
crochetmonkey

I'm ape over crocheting lol

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008 10:29:42 PM »

Hi, I didn't use a pattern for the puffles, but I think you can get the general idea.
I first made a ball (I think the middle was around 48 stitches). 
For the eyes, I just made two lopsided circles and joined them with the white yarn, Then I used black embroidery thread to stitch them on, and add the pupil.  I also used the embroidery thread for the mouth.
For the yellow's hair I crocheted fun-fur into a circle and stitched onto the puffles head with the tail.
For the green's head, I used strands of yarn and a latch hook technique.
I hope that helps. 
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/puffle.jpg
a closer look
Aww I see U did such a great job I thought the eyes were and the ball was one pattern . Will If I'm right u said  u made a ball and to circle eyes and stitched them togeather crooked and than stitched them in black on to ball and add mouth wit thread to. will I will attempt it and when I get it done after my other projects I will post a pick on here OK. U know scince this is Ur own pattern why dont u sell the puffels I'm sure alot of kids and adults would love them. U have a good imagination I cant look at something and make up my own project I think Ur a pro crocheter if u can do that.my Daughter wants me to thank u for letting me know how it is done now she cant wait for purple puffle and a pink one to. Oh I think I will do the latchhook hair because I never worked with that fuzz stuff and I might mess up with it.Oh I also want to thank u for the puffle instructions.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008 06:32:03 AM by kategirl - Reason: Please remove the [img] tag when quoting pictures. Thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
crochetmonkey

I'm ape over crocheting lol

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008 10:38:40 PM »

Hi, I didn't use a pattern for the puffles, but I think you can get the general idea.
I first made a ball (I think the middle was around 48 stitches). 
For the eyes, I just made two lopsided circles and joined them with the white yarn, Then I used black embroidery thread to stitch them on, and add the pupil.  I also used the embroidery thread for the mouth.
For the yellow's hair I crocheted fun-fur into a circle and stitched onto the puffles head with the tail.
For the green's head, I used strands of yarn and a latch hook technique.
I hope that helps. 
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/puffle.jpg
a closer look
Aww I see U did such a great job I thought the eyes were and the ball was one pattern . Will If I'm right u said  u made a ball and to circle eyes and stitched them togeather crooked and than stitched them in black on to ball and add mouth wit thread to. will I will attempt it and when I get it done after my other projects I will post a pick on here OK. U know scince this is Ur own pattern why dont u sell the puffels I'm sure alot of kids and adults would love them. U have a good imagination I cant look at something and make up my own project I think Ur a pro crocheter if u can do that.my Daughter wants me to thank u for letting me know how it is done now she cant wait for purple puffle and a pink one to. Oh I think I will do the latchhook hair because I never worked with that fuzz stuff and I might mess up with it.Oh I also want to thank u for the puffle instructions.
Oh I want u 2 know I posted u as on the rocks  because it dose rock . way to go.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008 09:20:53 AM by vanillaxlight - Reason: Please do not quote pics » THIS ROCKS   Logged
teachingjonah
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008 04:26:45 AM »

Aww, thanks crochet monkey.  Disney would probably take issue with me trying to sell a puffle:)  They sell a plush version on the Club Penguin site.  That's actually why I made it, because my boys really wanted them, but I wasn't going to pay for something I could make myself.
I can't wait to see yours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sappho
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008 11:09:21 PM »

Alrighty so I made a couple Puffles for my friend's birthday this weekend. He works for Club Penguin and has always been especially fond of the black Puffles. So I made one for him and for his wife.

I added a little flower for the girl Puffle

and they have smirking mouths - which you can barely see because of the black on black but they needed mouths regardless.

My friend just loved them. Thanks again for the inspiration Teachingjonah Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mix Unpredictable Pieces for the Perfect Look
How to Style a Pleated Skirt
How to Wear an Oversized Blazer
8 Perfect Outfits from Taylor Swift in NY
The Worst Dressed Celebrities Of The Week
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...