A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Simply Marilyn  (Read 6203 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sgolard

Help me! Can't stop!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2005 08:25:04 AM »

I made this one too and after all that work, I really wasn't happy with it.  I now realize that yes, I should have made it smaller around and longer.  It just doesn't fit right somehow.  It doesn't fit like on the model. Someone suggested that it was pinned back for fit, and that's probably it.   But it is not a flattering fit as it is written, for me, and I'm not huge.  I am still looking around for that perfect person to gift with it.  I did make it out of Cashmerino so .... nice gift, huh? Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A girl's best friend is her mutter"_Dorothy Parker_
My Blog - http://www.yarn-babe.blogspot.com
My Etsy shop - http://knitmoi.etsy.com
legallyblonde
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2005 06:00:21 PM »

I have to show off my completed Simply Marilyn!  I've loved this pattern since the first time I saw it but seeing the finished ones posted here inspired me to try it.  I'd originally wanted to do it in pink (my pink obsession is scary) but I used Encore Chunky, and my LYS didn't have it in a pale pink.  Veronique's picture where the color was off made me want to do it in red.  This yarn is pretty soft and cozy for a blend.  And it wasn't expensive either.

It took less than a week and a half to complete, that is with a lot of knitting over the weekend.   I couldn't believe how quickly it went.  This was my very first cable project and only 3rd sweater.  The smallest size in the pattern is a 40" chest.  I cast on 8 stitches less than that which makes it about 35 inches and gives me a couple of inches of ease. I cast on 4 inches less for the sleeves.  It fits great.  I'm only 4'11, and the length of the sweater and of the sleeves is fine but if you are much taller, I'd definitely lengthen both.

It looks really cropped in the photo where I'm wearing it.  It's really not this short!  I guess holding my arm up with the camera pulls it up some

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sereknitty
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2005 08:11:09 PM »

Those look lovely, I might want to try that now.  THe picture at Interweave left me feeling wishy washy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Most knitters drink tea or coffee whilst knitting..... I drink bourbon.
mayerlove
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2005 06:58:27 AM »

awww geeee i cant see the pics! darn it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
zzjulia
New Knitter Attempts Blog

Woof!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2005 08:22:31 AM »

I think it looks fantastic in red...and great job on doing it for a slimmer fit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

legallyblonde
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2005 08:37:18 AM »

Thanks for the compliments! I really love this sweater.  A couple of months ago, I thought it was way beyond my knitting skills but it's not a difficult project at all.  It wouldn't even be a bad first sweater since it knits up so quickly. 

JM2, I hope this pics are working for you now.  They are showing up fine for me but who knows?  I have them hosted on AOL which can do funky things from time to time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2005 08:46:42 AM »

I've loved this pattern for a while...  maybe I will try it at some point!  though do some ribbing or something at the botton, I don't like how it rolls up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mayerlove
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2005 02:13:57 PM »

I can see them now and i think i like it... just kidding, i really do love it! Smiley it looks great in red!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
elizacrandall
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2005 04:38:15 PM »

I've loved this pattern for a while... maybe I will try it at some point! though do some ribbing or something at the botton, I don't like how it rolls up.

I really didn't like the idea of it rolling either and blocked like a mad woman.  After a couple washings, it still does not roll. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
woolgathered
Sp-diddly-inner

woolgathered.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2005 10:43:43 PM »

Oh it's really pretty! I have long arms and a long torso, good to know the issues you ran into. I wanted to make this someday but I wasn't sure about the torso length (all my sweaters/shirts are too damn short!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Rock the Midi Skirt Trend
Hot Floral Dresses for Spring
Mastering the Art of Laid-Back Parisian Style
How to Look Chic But Feel Comfy
DIY Cute American Flag Shorts
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...