A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
417 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Giant Multi-Theme Swap Gallery  (Read 41308 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

phoenixfiredesigns
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #290 on: July 20, 2008 08:22:52 PM »

I'm so glad you like everything. Grin I think the garnet Tree of Life pendant has to be one of my favorites so I'm happy to hear you love it too.

And yup! It's a banyan tree. It's a type of fig tree but Florida is the only state in the lower 48 that it can grow in. We've got a lovely one in Downtown St. Petersburg. It looks like this amazing colony of trees. (See some more shots here if curious.) I printed one of my banyan tree pics because I thought it'd be a cool thing to include.  Cheesy

Please enjoy! I had a lot of fun making it. Trees are a great subject!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #291 on: July 21, 2008 10:17:26 AM »

great tree interpretation!

If we ever do this swap again I am going to be so hard pressed to decide on what to have for themes, LOL!

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
RondaS

« Reply #292 on: July 26, 2008 11:33:19 AM »

ORGANIZATIONAL NOTE
To make up for cupcake having to take on the whole swap while I was out of commission in hospital and out of gratitude for her patience with me, I am going to do what needs to be done to finish this swap up as it is taking longer than anyone thought it would!

so - could all PM's concerning issues or questions please be directed to myself from now until the last of the angel packages are received  Wink

update to the group - angel's are doing a great job of communicating with me and are working hard to get angel packages out quickly. Thank you all for such diligence and hard work!  Grin

zkitten - contact me immediately

sadly - it is possible that we may need more angels for lady4feet unless I hear from her partner.

ORGANIZATIONAL NOTE
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Brightest Blessings!
RondaS

« Reply #293 on: July 26, 2008 06:15:53 PM »

I am going to finally post photos of my package from bigfatroses - who did a fabulous job!

theme 1: black and white
cute little bouquette of white and black buttons in a white vase, a black mirrored trinket box with celtic patterns in it (I love this thing), magnetic address book (the rectangle with white background and black swirls that I couldn't keep open for the pic), a stenciled notebook, and a book thong with runes and black and white beads - and black dragonflies on white price tags! How cute, and perfect for my business!

theme 2: Dragons
another bookmark with a dragon and cute beads on it, and this wonderful wood burned and stained door hanger!

theme 3: celestial bodies (I think I said moons and stars and suns - hers is better, LOL)
a 3D picture on fabric backing in a white frame (did you make the moon too?), painted sun catcher, a purchased tote and a key ring, and an address book with hand done stars and painted

theme 4: Rocks and the Natural World
a clock with stones on the face for the numbers which I really like, and a Tree of Life beaded sun catcher which is really awesome, and a bag full of tumbled stones!

close up of the Tree of Life

close up of the stones I am not sure of (I think they are some sort of jasper), the rest I have a good idea what they are, and they are all stones I like and some I don't even have yet (golden rutilated quartz, yum)...

theme 5: Dragonflies and Butterflies
a painted R with dragonflies stamped on it (they are really cute), a hand painted dragonfly picture, candle holders with polymer clay stamped with butterflies (though I may use these for something else they are too cool!), and a dragonfly paperweight made from a photo of a dragonfly that she took herself (not an easy task!) - I can't get a good photo of the paperweight though, but it is awesome!

and all this extra stuff! Bag and fabric and shells and spoons!

everything together:

thank you so much bigfatroses! I am glad I didn't open the box while my camera was dead and/or missing or I wouldn't have gotten all of it into photos because the clock is on the wall and the paperweight is on the desk and the rocks and some other things are put up. thank you thank you thank you!

and thank you cupcake for thinking up this swap and being a great organizer!

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brightest Blessings!
oddsnblobs
« Reply #294 on: July 26, 2008 06:24:11 PM »

how cool! so many amazing goodies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My ETSY shop - the place to find lots of pouchie items Smiley
http://www.oddsnblobs.etsy.com

My Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/oddsnblobs
RondaS

« Reply #295 on: July 26, 2008 06:43:29 PM »

how cool! so many amazing goodies!

oh yes! I feel so spoiled! and all that loot, er, um, hand crafted goodness has already spread out all through my house, LOL!

I am a very happy person today!

Ronda
blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brightest Blessings!
bigfatroses
« Reply #296 on: July 26, 2008 06:52:39 PM »

Yay!  I had already forgotten some of the stuff I had sent!   Cheesy  The moon was made (by me!!) with plaster, and then painted with silver paint.   Grin  I'm actually really glad that it survived the trip, because there's no way I'd be able to make another moon since I've mysteriously lost the mold!  LOL!

Here's a picture of the magnetic address book:

I'll be posting pics of what I received tomorrow!  Apparently, I left the camera on as I took a nap, so I'm having to recharge the batteries now!  DOH!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have several craft books available for trade/Wist items/supplies.  Please see my profile for more info Smiley
RondaS

« Reply #297 on: July 27, 2008 07:06:09 AM »

thanks for adding that pic bigfatroses - I didn't think to stand it on it's end! doh me...

the moon turned out really nice! I wondered if you made it or bought it because it is so well made!

and I have been playing with my rocks...

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brightest Blessings!
bigfatroses
« Reply #298 on: July 27, 2008 07:06:50 PM »

Ok, here are the wonderful goodies RondaS sent me!  I feel so totally spoiled!

Sorry if I miss anything tonight- I just ambitiously tried to read my DD her bedtime story, and now I'm in pain like you would not believe  Cry

Theme: Saturn
A Saturn/planetary bag

And it's innards  Cheesy

This AMAZING wall hanging!  I'm actually going to have my husband cut some dowel down so I can put this up this week!

Look at the rings all done in buttons!  It's AWESOME!

Theme- Weather
A wonderful weather center for me and my DD!  She's a little weather dork already, so this is perfect!

A cute little bear for my DD wearing a super cute dress with clouds and rainbows

Oh crap, I just realized that I didn't get a pic of the weathery cards- I'll post those tomorrow!   Grin

Theme- Houndstooth or black/white
A beanie and a tam (that's what they are called, yes?)

And because I LOVE the tam soooooooooooooooo much

This BEAUTIFUL bracelet- I'd wanted one of Ronda's hematite bracelets/anything since I first got on here, so this was awesome!

A super duper cute bag- makes me think of the bags my Grandma made when she was a young girl.  I never knew my Grandma, but I always carried around a bag that she made! 

And extra "vintage" buttons and bought headbands (now I had better do my hair so I can wear 'em!)

AND FABRIC!  FABRIC!!!!!!!!

Theme:  Hello Kitty
HELLO BLANKET!!!

For size reference, my husband is a little over 6 feet tall, and he's holding it up to the top of his head.  My DD just wanted to do what Daddy was doing, so I get two cute pairs of feet in the pic!

A HK bracelet and zipper pulls (which I'm TOTALLY putting the pulls on DD's backpack when she starts school this coming month!)

A really cute HK basket, which is going to find it's home in DD's room on her vanity  Grin

Here's a better shot of the HK charms

HK hairclips- once again, will be well used when DD goes to school.  I just won't say who'll be wearin' 'em!   Wink

Theme- No Doubt, Gwen Stefani
A POPPET!  And a cape for her!

Ok, ok, now I thought poppets were scary, but my Gwen poppet is kind of cute, and I think I'll need to learn to make poppet clothing so I can make her replicas of Gwen's outfits from previous ND tours!  LOL! 

And here are some patterns that Ronda sent as well, which will be used soon! 

Thank you so so so so much, RondaS!  I love everything, and truly enjoyed swapping with you!  And just so everyone knows, Ronda HAND SEWS everything!  And it's all amazingly well done and beautiful!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have several craft books available for trade/Wist items/supplies.  Please see my profile for more info Smiley
SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: July 27, 2008 07:15:25 PM »

WOW!!!!  what a wonderful package!!! RondaS you are amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Healthy Raspberry Yogurt Treat for Kids
How to Make French Toast Skewers
How to Make the Legendary Ghirardelli Hot Fudge Sundae
Devil’s Food Cake Recipe with Fluffy White Frosting
How to Make Ricotta and Strawberries with Lemon Thyme Shortbread
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...