A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,048
Currently Running With Scissors:
448 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Giant Multi-Theme Swap Gallery  (Read 40943 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MommyTheMaid
« Reply #180 on: June 11, 2008 10:29:35 PM »

As promised, here are the pics of the great stuff MareMare sent me.

Kitties:

Sewing Notion Organizer/Holder, a fun kitty craft to make, and an HK washcloth made by another Craftster.

An awesome wall organizer that will be going up in my craft room tomorrow

Turtles:

Store bought scrubbie and really cool magnents

Each girl got turtle soaps, a turtle cloth, and a necklace.  The soaps and cloth was the only way to bribe Athena into the bath tonight  Cheesy

(Athena is trying to grab the necklace)

and Troy got the cutest onesie.

It was really sweet of her to wrap the things up for the kids so they could open them.  It made their day.

1950's Houswife stuff:
Coolest Apron ever (pardon my post partum yucky fat)

I love these magnents!

CUpcakes:

really awesome gift bags, a cupcake book I have been lusting for, and some cute appliques

I am so excited to use these stitch markers!

they are perfect and I am in awe of her skill with clay.

Soaps straight from my wists and bath fizzes that even came in a bakery container. Cheesy

Going Green:

Really yummy lip balms

Crochet market bag with a DIY laundry soap kit.  I cannot wait to try this out! and she added in a great cotton weave scarf made by another craftster

and a Soapgasm!!!  I knew I was getting some soaps but holy cow I was spoiled!!  The turlte soaps and cupcake soaps and then ALL THESE!

there were even really fun monkey soaps for my girls.

Thank you so much MareMare!!  I love everything so much and feel so spoiled.  I might have to send you some extra goodies.  This was such a great package and I love that you included things for my kiddos and some great stuff for me.  You are an awesome partner!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: June 11, 2008 11:27:02 PM »

Yay, I am so glad you liked everything! I was worried I hadn't made enough stuff for the kids, I am used to boys so was trying to figure out what to make for girls! I was going to make them each an apron with the cupcake appliques on them, but then I got different cupcake ideas and was reading about Alex being a tomboy, so I just sent the appliques. The cupcake stitch markers are maybe my 3rd clay project, and that idea was straight off of a tutorial by organizer cupcakeaccessories! And those things are tough, I accidentally dropped them on the kitchen floor when I was packing everything up, and they didn't break. Oh and the butterfly cards I got in a sweat shoppe swap, didn't make those Grin

You'll have to tell me when you make the laundry soap, it ends up being so incredibly cheap to make (well even cheaper if you use unscented uncolored handmade soap, but I was out) but I love how little you have to use, and you can keep re-using the same detergent container, and I swear it's better than store bought.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/13

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Malina

Probably up to no good!

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 12, 2008 05:22:02 AM »

YAY!  PICS!  I left the list at home though, so I"ll have to edit it later to tell what everything is lol

Ok, the list:

Theme: Cats
Cat purse, I love it, it's HUGE and fuzzy!
adorable cat coin purse

Theme: Japanese things
Baby dragon - SOOO CUTE!
Hello kitty fan - I love this, I had a great picture of my bf modeling it, but he made me delete it

Theme:  Old School Tattoo's
Embroidered brush or pencil roll - I <3 swallows.  Although, I unrolled it and can't figure out how to roll it back lol  Roll Eyes

Theme:  70's - 80's
Note cards with some of my favorite punk bands from the 70's and 80's
A POPPET in fabulous 80's flash dance outfit

Theme: Video Games
Mario candle
Nintendo controller wallet that my bf tried to steal from me
great, funny magnets
Fingerless gloves with links symbol
controller necklace
Final Fantasy journal - now, I don't know if you stalked me that much, or how you would have found out, but the mithra paladin fighting the big bird, is the same model as my ffxi character  Grin

Thanks so much for the awesome package twistedbeader!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008 10:32:13 PM by Malina » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mirchita

somewhere over the rainbow....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #183 on: June 12, 2008 06:28:26 AM »

ok, it is official: I am green of envy, I absolutley adore everthing you made in this swap, I want to be in the next round!!!! YOU RULES!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #184 on: June 12, 2008 08:38:18 AM »

Maremare: the bath supplies you made look simply delicious! (Especially the ones in the bakery container!! though the soapgasm looks fabulous too!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lunanne

Being organized interferes with my creativity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: June 12, 2008 09:41:31 AM »

Such fantastic stuff! I love the gallery, everything is so great! I couldn't choose a favorite, there's so many things I love.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Warning: Wisting can be addictive...

...so does Pinterest-ing!
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #186 on: June 12, 2008 09:58:53 AM »

Maremare: the bath supplies you made look simply delicious! (Especially the ones in the bakery container!! though the soapgasm looks fabulous too!)

You should smell them.  Cheesy  I am in soap heaven.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #187 on: June 12, 2008 08:00:11 PM »

Get your Wistin' fingers ready!!!
After begging a family member to go sign for it at the P.O. (I work a long commute from home and am never in town during business hours), I have received Lunanne's lovely package all the way from Canada! It was in a huuuuge box that weighed ten pounds, wowsa Shocked This lady rocks, be prepared for the awesomeness!

First, everything together, very neatly wrapped and labeled by theme Grin

Frida Kahlo / Day of the Dead / Mexicana
Even though this theme wasn't really her style, Lunanne totally rocked it and made some amazing goodies!

Spooky skeleton bag (huge!), book constructed of envelopes and little pockets (awesome!), handpainted sugar skull plaque (gorgeous!), collage sugar skulls triptych (lovely!) and a saint key ring (perfect!):

The book was filled with Frida tags! Love, love, love:

Up-close shots: sugar skull plaque, sugar skulls triptych and key ring

Cats & Dogs
Holy cow, did I ever get spoiled on this theme! She sent me such a crazy amount of goodies for this one Grin

First, all the lovely paper items, including a kitty bag, handcrafted notes and ideas book, special occasion cards, thank you cards, gift tags, notepad, stickies and three really nice pens in black, green and blue:

On all the paper items, she used the most precious little cat, dog and paw print stamps in a lovely earthy brownish-red color Smiley Can you believe this was her first time making a book? It's PERFECT!

EVEN MORE cat and dog goodies! I have four cats and two dogs, and she made them tons and tons of toys Grin Too sweet!

Initial catnip felt toys (!!!). They are so darling! There's P for Petra, P for Pearl, O for Orange and C for Callie Grin (Callie already drooled all over hers Cheesy) Lunanne also made them a little fishy apiece and each a stringy fabric toy:

For the doggies, Rocky and Boots (they are getting famous on here Cheesy), she made a slew of cute felt toys! Tree limbs, pretty braided ones and even some shaped like bones, I love it!

Photography
I loved all the goodies wrapped up together for this theme Grin If I read her letter correctly, she stained and tiled the two larger frames herself, wow! They are absolutely perfect! She also included a magnetic frame and made an accordian-style photoholder, love!

Gardening
Just like in the Cats & Dogs theme, Lunanne spoiled me here as well! Two bulging packages Shocked

Here's the first -- a lovely brown and pink apron with removable pin (favorite color combo EVER), handsewn gnome that rocks, lovely necklace she made, a pretty stamped bookmark, plant markers complete with a set of Sharpies, gardening gloves, and a mini wooden birdhouse Grin:

She even came up with a name for my new gnome: Gunter Grin

MORE gardening goodies! Lovely windchimes (big and beautiful!) and a perfect little rain gauge Grin

Retro Housewife
Kind of a vague theme, but Lunane totally got it! She sent a hilariously cute spatula fridge magnet, a super girly bracelet (every lady needs pearls!), some AMAZING embroidered towels (!!!) and a rockin' full apron:

She did such an amazing job on the embroidery!

Up-close shots: bracelet and apron fabric

Jar of Whimsies
She introduced me to this idea and I just loved it! We talked about it for a while, then the Jar of Whimsies Swap started but neither of us could join in time. So what does Lunanne do? Come up with most brilliant idea ever for us to make one for each other, chock full of goodies related to our themes and likes! She rocks Grin Here's what she sent me, it was PACKED FULL:

Not to ruin any surprises, but it looks like Lunanne and I had some similar ideas Cheesy

Thanks so much for the incredibly awesome package, Lunanne!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #188 on: June 12, 2008 09:06:12 PM »

Love that gnome! And Gunter seems like such an appropriate name... Also, I find your jar of whimsies quite delightful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

twistedbeader
« Reply #189 on: June 13, 2008 06:53:18 AM »

wow your apron tripped me out man.. as I was scrolling the pattern looked like it was getting closer.. creepy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life with out beads is a sad life indeed
My soap is so awsome I can wash anything! -sung as this book is so awesome from Harry and the Potters

Wist- http://www.wists.com/twistedbeader
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Suzy Welch Reveals Her Motto
An Interview with Jennifer Weiner
Erick Setiawan Talks About Of Bees and Mist
David Grann Talks About The Lost City of Z
Jennifer Weiner Reads from Best Friends Forever Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...