A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: There's a blizzard outside...so I made a wallet!  (Read 1552 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

buckeyebeadgirl

Luckiest girl in the world :)

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2008 12:38:36 PM »

Well, Ohio is covered in snow, and I decided to get crafty and try my first attempt at a wallet...

And the action shot...

Let me know what you think...the bottom pocket for the checkbook was supposed to be twice as big, but I had pressed the pocket wrong after I had pressed the pockets for the credit cards and didn't want to undo all the work!  This is my first attempt at credit card slots, etc...I just used pieces I had left from some cheap fat quarters, so if it didn't turn out, I wasn't too upset!!  Smiley I'm pretty happy with the results!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOLY CRAP!  My DNA bracelet was selected for Best of Craftster 2008!!  And it took me 21 days to figure it out!
italianchildhood

Ti canteremo noi cipressi i cori...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008 01:02:10 PM »

I think it turned out great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://YouCraft.org ... free crafts classifieds
... with lots of cute things listed
lariarocket
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008 01:03:32 PM »

Cute wallet! I love the outside fabric.  I too am an Ohioan with a snow day on her hands, and getting crafty. You've inspired me to break out the ole sewing machine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*I don't have no costume, and I don't wear no new clothes...my body just follows wherever my heart goes*

http://my-ocean-view.blogspot.com/

http://www.wists.com/lariarocket
buckeyebeadgirl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008 01:14:10 PM »

Thanks!  I figured that it didn't look too bad for a first attempt!  Plus, with it being so snowy out, it kept me occupied for a few hours Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOLY CRAP!  My DNA bracelet was selected for Best of Craftster 2008!!  And it took me 21 days to figure it out!
AlternaWidget

More insects to worry about

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008 03:16:42 PM »

How funny! I'm a Clevelander,and all blizzarded in, too. I plan on finishing some swap stuff and a few tote bags, and I want to make a wallet next.
You did a great job! Maybe I can do as well on mine, too.
Stay warm!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
buckeyebeadgirl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008 03:20:51 PM »

Thanks for all of the comments and compliments! 

I'm in Columbus, and luckily I only had to go into the shelter yesterday morning to check on some patients...I haven't driven since noon yesterday, and don't have to be anywhere until Monday morning...I guess that means that I have to unbury my car sometime tomorrow  Undecided

I worked on swap stuff most of yesterday, so today I decided to take a few hours to make something for myself (which is funny...I hardly seem to make stuff for myself!). Tomorrow...cleaning the apartment Sad

Stay warm everybody!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beeshebags
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008 08:15:25 PM »

Noooooooooooo I don't want more heat!  It's supposed to get to 40'c here in Adelaide today, where we're having a heat wave....equal to the longest recorded period of days over 35'c which is 8 days and that was last recorded back in 1934....Grrrrr to hot weather....we desperately need rain as we're lucky enough to be having a drought.

As for why this topic was posted.....hun, you did a fantastic job for your first wallet.....did you make the pockets for cards individually or did you fold a long piece up?  Either way, it looks great....I so have to build the courage up, bite the bullet and make some wallets, but I'm scared I'll turn out disaster after disaster!

Hugs
Naomi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
buckeyebeadgirl

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008 08:49:34 PM »

Beeshe, thanks for the compliments!  I actually made the whole inside out of one long piece of fabric...so I had to plan out how deep I wanted each pocket and where I wanted, etc.  Then I marked it all out the wrong side of the fabric and did a lot of folding and pressing...I'll have to do a little tut if I make another one.  That's how I ended up with a really shallow checkbook pocket!  Lips sealed  Oops!  Forgot to multiply that one!

As for staying warm...after this winter, I'll be happy that I'm moving to Florida for my new job!  But I do understand how tough it is to be in a drought...my parents are farmers and it effects everything you do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beeshebags
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008 09:24:38 PM »

You're most welcome hun, and a tute would be great...when you have time...like any of us craftsters have much spare time! *winks*

What's the new job?  When do you start?  Have you started packing yet?  Congrat's on the new job....hopefully you'll still have time to sew, and pop in and let us all know how the new job's going.

Hugs
Naomi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008 09:32:06 PM »

It's a very spiffy little wallet!  One of my favorite color combinations, too.

I'm in Columbus with you. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create an Array of Sugar Cookies
Man Ate $1,000 Gold-Laced Ice Cream Sundae
How to Create Citrus Fruit Cookies
Kulfi: The Healthy Alternative to Ice Cream
Chocolate Stout Cake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...