A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,077
Currently Running With Scissors:
720 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Least favorite part of knitting..  (Read 3787 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bijou_raoul
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2008 08:41:14 AM »

Finishing, finishing, finishing. I make mostly sweaters so pretty much every project has a lot of seams involved, and I've definitely had sweaters that I completed all the pieces for & then put off the actual finishing for weeks after that because I hate seams so much. Especially setting in sleeves--I always have to fudge them at least a little & for some reason despite all my best efforts to make sure the armhole opening & sleeve cap are the same size, it's always off just a bit. But I think I'm getting better with time, so I think practice and patience are key here, as with many things.  Oh and blocking too. It just takes way too much time and I don't really have the space for it to begin with. I usually end up hand-washing the finished piece, I spin it out in the washer & then tug on it a little to set everything in place and drape it over my clothes-drying rack.  Again...patience:)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008 08:44:56 AM by bijou_raoul » THIS ROCKS   Logged

amybarnett
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008 12:10:41 PM »

Angry I hate hate hate the kitchner stitch. With a passion. Booooooo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PicklePants
Wherever there's a bee, honey can't be far behind...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008 07:27:55 PM »

i have no stamina when it comes to knitting. i like to be able to watch my work grow and grow quickly. i hate big projects for this reason.

gimmie little things anyday!

i also hate it when you buy really nice yarns, only to find that by the time you are finished (or, in my case, half way) transforming them into something yummy, you can't stand the sight of them anymore.

so sad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snoweviolet
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2008 10:58:29 PM »

I think blocking is annoying as hell. You have to be sooooo meticulous and then it takes forever to dry. Pain in the... Angry

~Tahra~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://snoweviolet.wordpress.com <-Absolutely Under No Circumstances Qualified to Knit Blog
craftaclysm

The Sun never sets on the sneaky flute empire!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2008 03:57:46 PM »

hm...i agree that blocking sucks.  often, i don't do it, so a lot of my stuff looks kind of wonky, but i'm ok with it.  also, i've often said i hate seaming, but i just found out i was doing it wrong...at least mattress stitch.  apparently you don't just poke your needle in where ever you want.  now i know how to do it, i totally love seaming. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ilovethekevins

the cats tell me what to do

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2008 10:01:47 PM »

For me it's any kind of finishing on a piece and the sad feeling i get when i've finally finished something and then have to pick something new to start.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ehmalee
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2008 08:52:19 PM »

I hate casting on if it's a huge amount of stitches. I just started a project, 164 stitches and my family kept talking to me. I had to cast on about 7 times. I hated it.

I don't hate any particular part of knitting other than the lack of supplies located around here. My area has no LYS's anywhere. It's depressing because all of these patterns are amazing but I don't have the recommended yarns nor do I know how to substitute yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Riki
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2008 12:36:53 AM »

I hate casting on if it's a huge amount of stitches. I just started a project, 164 stitches and my family kept talking to me. I had to cast on about 7 times. I hated it.

I know what you mean! Yesterday I cast on 320! But i decided to take the easy way out and put a marker every 50 stitches. Boy did that help in all the interruptions I had!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ehmalee
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2008 08:25:22 AM »

I know what you mean! Yesterday I cast on 320! But i decided to take the easy way out and put a marker every 50 stitches. Boy did that help in all the interruptions I had!

I did the same thing, PM at every 50-32-50-32 stitches... I think my natural inability to count might have also played a part in my frustration. Somehow in my mind, the number 8 does not exsist -.-
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xohsweetnothin
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2008 08:39:53 PM »

Honestly? I really hate just finishing it... I knit mostly to keep my hands busy.. I really love the process but when it's all done, even if it's an item I totally love, I hate that I've finished because now.. I either have nothing to do to keep me busy, or I need to think of something new to knit/buy more yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Nothing is free. Even the birds are chained to the sky."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Annette and Phoebe Closet Interview With StyleLikeU.Com
Christian Joy Closet Interview With StyleLikeU
Wear Leather Pants For Day or Night Like Lauren Conrad and Diane Kruger
Wear Cool Winter Riding Boots Like Emma Roberts And Zoe Saldana
Stylish Celeb Moms-to-Be
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...