A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,039
Currently Running With Scissors:
433 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: crafty ideas for raising money for university  (Read 613 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hayz
« on: January 21, 2005 06:45:26 AM »

duno if this shud be in fundraising or here...excuse me if im in the wrong place...
im a student in the uk and we r trying to raise money for our end of year show...but we still got bout 1000 to make...or maybe more.
i had an idea (as i come on here a lot) for us to do a craft fair and hopefully get a bit of dosh (obv not 1000quid im not that naive)..making bags, cards, jewellry u know the stuff....
but theres no craft shoes to participate in and i was wondering if ne1 has any ideas for other ways to raise money ...obv we cud do our own fair but lookin for a venue is kinda hard...where wud ne1 suggest? we cant even do one in the students union bcoz it costs about 100quid!
i thought somethin stupid like a sponsored something...maybe a sponsored craftathon...lol
or making valentines and mothersday cards(both comin up)
or making a bag/journal...etc and raffling them...
or making badges or broches or earrings...
i duno we r lost
if ne1 has any ideas itd b great! thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

handmade ballet flats

my etsy - http://www.footloosefancyflats.etsy.com
my web - preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.footlooseandfancyflats.com') (under construction)
myspace -
cloudbreakchick

We're all one of a kind, baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005 11:39:46 AM »

Do you have to do it indoors?  Why not wait for a nice warm day and just haul the stuff onto the lawn in front of the Student Union?  You can plan it and let everyone who wants to have a table go for it for $5 a piece (sorry, I don't know exactly what currency you're using) and just go for it!  You could sell home-baked brownies, cookies, etc, and maybe have like a ball toss game?  If you go to a dollar store (do you have those?) you can buy a bunch of stuffed animals to give out as prizes.  Of course, all this will cost some money, but maybe you can save reciepts and get money back out of the profits once it's over.

When I was on campus at college, I was always itching for something fun like that to do.  I think the turnout would be great, and it would be fun as well. 

If you can't get a space in a public area, what about in someone's dorm room?  Put up flyers everywhere, and just advertise that it's in the room.  You will obviously be limited by space, but there are tons of options.

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's late, and I've been wondering...  How I can stay awake so long and miss so much...

http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/CraftCycle
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What You Can Do with Yoyo Crochet Patterns
Loom Knitting Tips
Lining Up Catherine Wheel Stitching
Little Mary Jane Booty Instep Tip
The Disadvantage of Loom Knitting
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...