A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,721
Currently Running With Scissors:
384 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vinyl clutch with beaded dragonfly... my first clutch (now with bigger pics)  (Read 2101 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tails

Addicted to Craft

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2005 01:24:15 AM »

(sorry this one is still small... but it isnt very good quality anyways...

I have been making totes and handbags for a little while now and i just loooove clutches and seeing some of the fantastic ones that have been posted on here i thought i would share my first go. I made this out of an old vinyl skirt i had from the days when i used to DJ, hee hee. It had lining so i just used the lining for in the clutch. It didnt come out as good as i imagined, a bit puffy, and when i left a hole to pull the bag thru i did it on the side and you can see my hand stitching...  Roll Eyes (i wont do that next time) I prolly shouldnt have tried with such a difficult fabric on my first go. Roll Eyes And you cant really see, but i have sewn in a zip pocket... over the lining, not in it. There is a magnetic closure and I hand beaded the dragonfly myself! That turned out pretty good! Then i hand sewed it on. Sorry the pics arent too clear... im new to taking pics of my bags. (Anyone have any tips?) I hope you like it!? Please, any coments i would be welcomed! Good or bad (or should i say constructive... hee hee)  Grin I have been thinking of starting my own business, but just have to get enough bags made to sell! I am making a green pleated clutch now... but unsure what colour the lining should be... the green is a pastel sort of green. And very thin... so i might have to use something heavy... i was thinking denim?
Tails
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005 02:18:20 PM by Tails » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ill try anything crafty at least once, but usually once I try something Im addicted for life! heh heh
Elwood

I am the Llama Queen!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005 08:11:11 AM »

Looks great but can you make the pictures bigs I'd like to see the dragonfly a little better.  Was the vinyl easy on the sewing machine??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tails

Addicted to Craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005 02:10:13 PM »

ohh sorry i didnt realise the pics were so small... i hope that is better! Sorry the closeup isnt very clear... my camera is a bit old!
The vinyl was a bit hard for a first go but if you know what your doing i bet you would be fine. Smiley I am a bit disapointed in it Sad... and can tell by lack of replies so is everyone else... thats ok.  Wink Ill just have to make my next clutch much better! Grin
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005 02:22:40 PM by Tails » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ill try anything crafty at least once, but usually once I try something Im addicted for life! heh heh
Elwood

I am the Llama Queen!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005 05:10:14 PM »

Well don't be disappointed, I think it's fabulous!  I love the dragonfly!.  I used to get upset when no one replied but I look at how many people looked!  Keep posting I can't wait to see more of your stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kritenkrit
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005 05:15:05 PM »

I think its lovely.  I've tried making a few things with vinyl and it can be difficult. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Speak what you think now in hard words and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it may contradict everything you said today...To be great is to be misunderstood.
magnolia

Bob the Angry Sixtopus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005 08:20:24 PM »

I think it's pretty sassy! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tails

Addicted to Craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005 11:53:45 PM »

Thanks for the kind words... I just keep thinking everytime i make a bag i get better... This was my prototype so to speak, i am a perfectionist and if it doesnt work perfect the first time.. i usually get cranky and give up... haha.  Roll Eyes I had a moment today!  Cheesy But am off now to make a wristlet! Im not giving up that easy! hee hee
Thanks again!
Tails
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cimba
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005 03:16:11 PM »

I like it! And that beading is amazing...it was difficult to make?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ciao! Cimba // Homemade happy goodies, made in Italy with a smile!
http://www.ciaocimba.com
starlene

Feed you purse addiction 24/7!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005 11:27:59 AM »

Excellent job on the beading!  Do you have a picture of the inside?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

candace
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005 11:39:31 AM »

very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best New York Pizza
How to Make Baked Catfish with Green Beans and Sweet Onions
How to Make Orange Chicken Burgers
How to Make Candied Clementines
Tangy Vinaigrette Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...