A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,472
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vinyl clutch with beaded dragonfly... my first clutch (now with bigger pics)  (Read 1910 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tails

Addicted to Craft

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2005 01:24:15 AM »

(sorry this one is still small... but it isnt very good quality anyways...

I have been making totes and handbags for a little while now and i just loooove clutches and seeing some of the fantastic ones that have been posted on here i thought i would share my first go. I made this out of an old vinyl skirt i had from the days when i used to DJ, hee hee. It had lining so i just used the lining for in the clutch. It didnt come out as good as i imagined, a bit puffy, and when i left a hole to pull the bag thru i did it on the side and you can see my hand stitching...  Roll Eyes (i wont do that next time) I prolly shouldnt have tried with such a difficult fabric on my first go. Roll Eyes And you cant really see, but i have sewn in a zip pocket... over the lining, not in it. There is a magnetic closure and I hand beaded the dragonfly myself! That turned out pretty good! Then i hand sewed it on. Sorry the pics arent too clear... im new to taking pics of my bags. (Anyone have any tips?) I hope you like it!? Please, any coments i would be welcomed! Good or bad (or should i say constructive... hee hee)  Grin I have been thinking of starting my own business, but just have to get enough bags made to sell! I am making a green pleated clutch now... but unsure what colour the lining should be... the green is a pastel sort of green. And very thin... so i might have to use something heavy... i was thinking denim?
Tails
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005 02:18:20 PM by Tails » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ill try anything crafty at least once, but usually once I try something Im addicted for life! heh heh
Elwood

I am the Llama Queen!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005 08:11:11 AM »

Looks great but can you make the pictures bigs I'd like to see the dragonfly a little better.  Was the vinyl easy on the sewing machine??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tails

Addicted to Craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005 02:10:13 PM »

ohh sorry i didnt realise the pics were so small... i hope that is better! Sorry the closeup isnt very clear... my camera is a bit old!
The vinyl was a bit hard for a first go but if you know what your doing i bet you would be fine. Smiley I am a bit disapointed in it Sad... and can tell by lack of replies so is everyone else... thats ok.  Wink Ill just have to make my next clutch much better! Grin
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005 02:22:40 PM by Tails » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ill try anything crafty at least once, but usually once I try something Im addicted for life! heh heh
Elwood

I am the Llama Queen!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005 05:10:14 PM »

Well don't be disappointed, I think it's fabulous!  I love the dragonfly!.  I used to get upset when no one replied but I look at how many people looked!  Keep posting I can't wait to see more of your stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kritenkrit
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005 05:15:05 PM »

I think its lovely.  I've tried making a few things with vinyl and it can be difficult. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Speak what you think now in hard words and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it may contradict everything you said today...To be great is to be misunderstood.
magnolia

Bob the Angry Sixtopus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005 08:20:24 PM »

I think it's pretty sassy! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tails

Addicted to Craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005 11:53:45 PM »

Thanks for the kind words... I just keep thinking everytime i make a bag i get better... This was my prototype so to speak, i am a perfectionist and if it doesnt work perfect the first time.. i usually get cranky and give up... haha.  Roll Eyes I had a moment today!  Cheesy But am off now to make a wristlet! Im not giving up that easy! hee hee
Thanks again!
Tails
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cimba
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005 03:16:11 PM »

I like it! And that beading is amazing...it was difficult to make?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ciao! Cimba // Homemade happy goodies, made in Italy with a smile!
http://www.ciaocimba.com
starlene

Feed you purse addiction 24/7!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005 11:27:59 AM »

Excellent job on the beading!  Do you have a picture of the inside?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

candace
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005 11:39:31 AM »

very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Shay Mitchell’s Daytime Smoky Eye
Back-to-School Makeup Mistakes You Can’t Afford to Make
The Manicure Bible: How to Ace a Manicure at Home
How To Get A Quick Smokey Eye Look | MacDaddy Makeovers
Choose Your Own Eye-Venture
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...