A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
451 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fiber Friday - March 7, 2008  (Read 4782 times)
Tags for this thread: fiber_friday  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ArianesThread
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008 05:08:30 PM »

You guys are such an inspiration! I love Fiber Fridays!

Here is my second real yarn. It was spun from some BFL roving from Spunky Eclectic in the Burning Bush colorway. 92 yards, worsted to chunky. It should be self-striping.

The colors are slightly off. The green is more greyish, and the orange is more burnt than it looks in the pic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ariane
LindsayLuu
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008 05:48:21 PM »

Wow, everyone made such fun yarns this week.  I especially like Peas and Carrots, the colors are great.  I just got my wheel last friday, so I've been playing a bunch, but I do have some finished ones for you to look at.  There are also a few hanging in my shower, but those will have to wait for next week. 

First yarn ever on my wheel.  I don't know what to call it, and I didn't meausre it.  It's a bulky 2 ply with my hand dyed rovings:

Next is "deepest sea", messy thread plied with lots of coils, curls and bumps.  120ish yards, thick and thin:

Now my favorite so far.  I haven't set the twist or measured it yet, but I think I'm going to call it simply, "summer".  2 ply, hand dyed merino by me Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

isamax
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2008 06:28:54 PM »

Love!  Love! Love! 
Fanstastic week everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ba Ba Booey
britnlind

It's done. I just need to start.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008 06:30:49 PM »

You guys are amazing!! All of the yarn is just gorgeous and very inspiring.

Do you guys keep everyting that you make? or do you sell it too?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LindsayLuu
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2008 06:34:53 PM »

britnlind - a little of both.  there's no way I could knit with all the yarn I make.  I spin much faster than I can knit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the noodle princess

When you are the moon....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008 08:06:09 PM »

wow, so pretty pretty. I love Emeline and Sadie Sue!

I haven't had time to finish my spinning this week. stupid job Roll Eyes but i did dye a bunch of roving. here are 2 of them>
"good afternoon" merino roving

and "warmth" Falkland roving
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
icemelon
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008 08:24:40 PM »

Oh man, Lufah--- when I saw play doh I almost choked on my drink! OMG IT'S SO COLORFUL AND AMAZING. Hahaha ok i'm done now. But seriously, brightest colors ever! What did you use to dye it with?

Jazzturtle, I really like your second yarn, murmers. It looks soooo squishy! Can I hug it forever? Pretty please??

And Marlana, Firestarter looks nice and bright and soft too! I'm digging the oranges this week.

And everyone elses is amazing too! I think I could write a book on how awesome everyones are this week!
And the pictures are a little bit more yellow than it should be, It just finished in time to post for today!

I'm calling this one Good Luck. (And only after I took the 3rd picture, but it was good luck that I didn't mess this one up too bad!)
It was my first ever time plying more than a few inches, and all done on a drop spindle. My boyfriend picked out the colors to dye it, and it's probably going to end up being fingerless gloves for him.
Merino, 2 ply, about 104 yards. I think it's mostly worsted, with a bit of thinner and thicker. not sure of weight. (man i really need a scale or something!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gomerriffic
Meet my friend, Mr. Lemmy Lime!

Exsqueeze me?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2008 08:35:20 PM »

As usual all the yarns are fabulous and some are quite adventurous! But my fav has to be clown farts. I love the bright bits, but also I just love the name! It makes me laugh!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Flowers and Lemons
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2008 04:05:23 AM »

This weeks yarns are amazing! You all had a great week for spinning, it seems. I adore the intoxicate yarn!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jazzturtle
Every breath is Healing...

Life is better with jazz!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2008 07:12:09 AM »

PS = Jazzturtle, you make me want to dig out my stash of novelty yarn and cut it all up so I can spin chunks of it into things!

I have this box of fibers/novelty yarns that I use for scrapbooking... and now not much of it goes into the scrapbooks! LOL!!

i LOVE LOVE LOVE your viscose!!  It's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop-  Lots of Handspun yarn and Fun Fiber Batts!
http://Jazzturtle.etsy.com

Ravelry Group:
http://www.ravelry.com/groups/jazzturtle-creates

Flickr photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jazzturtle/

My thoughts and processes..
http://jazzturtlecreations.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
April 2014 Man of Style: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
Mix Unpredictable Pieces for the Perfect Look
How to Style a Pleated Skirt
How to Wear an Oversized Blazer
8 Perfect Outfits from Taylor Swift in NY
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...