A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,702
Currently Running With Scissors:
720 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: MORE Peyote stitches+ BIG HUGE mushroom scene w/clouds!  (Read 5696 times)
Tags for this thread: peyote  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

patchworkarmy

Goin where the water tastes like wine...

View Profile WWW
« on: January 20, 2005 04:57:56 PM »

OK, here's more stitches... both made for my BF.  The mushroom one is HUGE!  You wouldn't believe how many beads it took.. I had to keep going back to buy more cause I didn't think there was any way it would take THAT many!  I think it was an amulet bag in a past life....=0)
  And the argyle was a special request- after I made the first argyle stitch with earthy tones of browns and greens, he thought it was cool, and proceeded to take me to the bead store and pick out the colors for HIS new stitch.  The problem with that is that he's color blind, and while looking for a good pink color, he kept picking up these blue tubes and going "is THIS one pink?"  No, baby, that's blue!  Imagine if I wasn't there to help him, poor guy. He'd have such an ugly wardrobe!
   I keep telling him it's not that hard to learn how to do peyote, but he refuses.  I think he just wants to make me make everything.  Just so he can brag and say "oh, that? my girlfriend made that for me," everytime someone asks him about something.  AWWWhhhh....he's so cute, man.  I love him! =0)
OK, here's the pic..

Enjoy!
and THANKS CRAFTSTER!! my new best friend.... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ILoveBunnies

My bunny is so cute. yep, you're jealous.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005 05:01:06 PM »

HAhaha, I can't stop laughing thinking about you and your boyfriend buying beads  Grin

I absolutely love the mushroom. Did you design it yourself, or find the pattern somewhere?

Both look very well-made... I could definately see those being sold in a store. Good job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stargirl52
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005 05:04:21 PM »

Wow!
What talent!
Your bf sounds like a total crackup...
I especially love the mushroom.I'm with ilovebunnies, is it from a pattern? A really huge pattern?
-G.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your lungs to stop working without me.

http://georgianess.livejournal.com
Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005 05:22:14 PM »

Wow those are great.. makes me wish I had dreads. I haven't used a bead loom in years and that must have taken awhile do to the argyle?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005 05:28:26 PM »

Love them! Geeze, you must have lots of patience. You're boyfriend makes me giggle.  Does anyone know of a good peyote tutorial?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
patchworkarmy

Goin where the water tastes like wine...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005 07:52:18 PM »

Yeah, yeah...he's the best.  It seems funny to call him my "boyfriend," though, we've  been together for 4 1/2 years!  And I don't mean on again off again, either.  SOLID, baby.  Yeah, we're in love, though.  You can tell because of how we spend-every-single--minute-other-than-when-he's-in-class together.  And we have YET to kill eachother- yay!  I think with that, we've already passed the marriage test somewhere in the world..!  Wink

Wow!
What talent!
Your bf sounds like a total crackup...
I especially love the mushroom.I'm with ilovebunnies, is it from a pattern? A really huge pattern?
-G.
  Nope!  Just peyote graph paper- from "black giraffe." Here!! http://www.blackgiraffe.com/free.htm
Just print out the paper for whatever you're doing.  I use the cylindrical one for delicas, then go to town with some colored pencils...I have yet to figure out a good (faster) way to do this design phase on the computer.
Oh, well...
THANKS for the SUPER KYND words, peeps.  You all rock, each of you...definitely.
Oh, and you HAVE TO check out this site for colorblindness... they'll take any picture (jpg) you have and SIMULATE colorblindness for the rest of us! It works, man....I did this, and my BF couldn't tell there was anything wrong with the pic, but to ME, it looked very different...all crazy.  check it out!
  PS color blind people are sick of others saying- "oh, I'm sorry..." and "so, whats this look like  to YOU?"
How the hell is he supposed to communicate to you what HIS world looks like. AAHHHhh...anyway..
   He was just born not ever seeing RED, and so the world he knows is totally normal to him, and being all "can you see this..?"  is NOT helping..but going to visicheck and seeing for YOURSELF what others are going through will help you UNDERSTAND!  Which is always good.  OK, Sorry..just had to rant there for a minute..I'm done, now.  Smiley
There's a super basic easy tut for tubular peyote here: http://www.angelfire.com/co2/beltana/peyote.html
and here:
http://www.i-bead.com/peyoteinstructions.html
   Take it easy, everyone...and try not to get sick (I am and it sucks!!)- take your echinacea!!
<3
Sarah =0)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cowgirl

I get lazy sometimes...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005 08:39:05 PM »

that mushroom is amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Souldier

make mini ramps... not war

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2005 08:49:31 PM »

Absolutely fantastic... I must learn how to make these... I can never find any hair accessories for dreads where I'm from.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://souldier.etsy.com
Handbags, trinkets, and oddities that truly allow you to march to your own beat.

http://petsouldiers.etsy.com
A place where pets and their owners can march to their own beat!

http://marching-souldier.blogspot.com/
A place where I vent. Ha!
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005 09:37:00 PM »

Thanks for the awesome sites! What is the site for the color blind thing? that sounds CRAZY!!! I'd like to see how it feels Smiley Once again, awesome work, I commend you Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2005 02:01:08 PM »

That mushroom is awesome. Such an inspiration for me. I remember doing some peyote in kindergarden when I was five, but I quickly forgot how to. Did some today with glass beads, after checking your links out, but it got small and very difficult to work with when it was just a tiny pattern I tried out... also, the glass beads I've got are varying in size. So I went out and got this big bucket of kiddie-beads. ^^ 13000 beads for like $12 or something (they only had big packs at the mall here). But being kiddie-beads, they're kinda huge, but nice and even...

No pic of the glass bead version, 'cause you can't see the pattern on it unless it's fairly dark... Is just a good first time pattern Smiley A bit bigger and they'd make nice coasters.

Anyways, to get to the point: What kind of beads do you use? They seem perfectly even, yet small. Are they glass (embroidery) beads or plastic? I have this feeling of having seen beads like that here, but I can't remember where or how to get them.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010 12:51:09 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Sriracha and Stout Barbecue Sauce
Diner Celebrates Anniversary With 1956 Prices
Decadent Hot Dog Recipe
Sweet and Tangy Vinegar Coleslaw Recipe
Pan-Fried Chicken and Gravy Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...