A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,806
Currently Running With Scissors:
593 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cincinnati area stores  (Read 17656 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gaffagirl1

Summer's kiss is over, baby

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2004 12:33:06 PM »

Misslulette,

I just visted your site....

WHOADAMN!!

Your pieces are amazing. Do you make everything yourself?

Amy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Curse softly to me, baby, and smother me in your love. Temptation comes not from hell but from above.
shes so unusual
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2004 12:34:39 PM »

hey all.........another cincinnatian here!

i wanted to add that in nky (covington) you can hit up the army surplus for patches and things.....fun and easy embellishments to jackets and whatnot Smiley

i love the army surplus down on madison.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

misslulette
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2004 09:31:20 AM »

Misslulette,

I just visted your site....

WHOADAMN!!

Your pieces are amazing. Do you make everything yourself?

Amy

yeah i do make it myself....i have a knitting machine that helps me, tho Smiley its a lot of manual labor still but makes those intricate patterns possible! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit www.lulette.com ! scarves and knit accessories!
gaffagirl1

Summer's kiss is over, baby

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2004 07:06:39 PM »

Wow. It's so cool though. Do you sell in any Cincinnati stores?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Curse softly to me, baby, and smother me in your love. Temptation comes not from hell but from above.
misslulette
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2004 04:00:46 PM »

ill be contacted at least one local store about carrying them for fall....probably suki in hyde park. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit www.lulette.com ! scarves and knit accessories!
jlless14
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2005 04:05:20 PM »

I know this message has been kind of dead for a while, but I just wanted to add my 2 cents.  I'm up in Montgomery (tornado '99 area), but I just went to Ally Beads in old Milford and was very impressed.  They had a ton of different sized beads for sale in several different ways (strands, loose, bags).  I also know people who swear by The Bead Shop in Madeira.  They've been around for a long time.  Another great place up in the 'burbs that doesn't get nearly enough credit is Valley Thrift in Evendale(?).  It's HUGE, and they have some really great stuff.  As far as yarn stores go, I've only shopped at Michael's up at Fields Ertel and the ultra-hip Knit Happens! on Madison Rd. in Oakley.  I'm new to knitting, but the lady there was really sweet and very helpful (even though she was about to close in order to go on vacation).  I hear that One More Stitch (also on Madison Rd.) in O'Bryonville, next to Hemptations (also a cool store) is also a great store.  It's the only store in Cincy that carries Rowan/Rowan patterns, apparently.  That's all I've got right now Smiley.  I'd love to meet some other Cincy-area craftsters if any of yo u are still around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NynaeveAS

I'm pretty enough for both of us.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2005 05:30:15 PM »

Hobby Lobby is just east of Michael's on Field-Ertel (conrner of Montgomery) so you may want to check out there when you're over at Michael's looking for yarn.  I stop there as long as I'm over that way. Smiley

I second the Evendale Thrift Store!  It's on St.Rt.42 just south of Glendale-Milford on the east side of the road for any who want to find it.

BTW: The candle and glass outlet store on the corner of St.Rt.42 and Glendale-Milford (near Jo-Anne's & the Walgreen's) is closing.  Stinks but there's another one across town if you don't mind the drive.  Unluckily, I'm never over that way.   Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DorkasaurusRex
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2005 07:45:25 AM »

Another great place up in the 'burbs that doesn't get nearly enough credit is Valley Thrift in Evendale(?).  It's HUGE, and they have some really great stuff. 

Word up Valley Thrift.  Every Monday is 25% everything.  I have bought some great wool blends that I keep meaning to felt for about $5 for 6 skeins,  I also am the bane of their sweaters, as I frog them.

I have probably given some of you guys the evil eye as you were fingering some of my sweaters.  I apologize.  I almost threw down with an old lady over some black crockery last week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Then he asked,"Lord, what about when there was one set of footprints on one side and also a straight line with bootprints on one side and small round circles on the other?" The Lord replied, "Those were when I carried you, and we were joined by a pirate pushing a wheelbarrow."
GirlyGirlBags
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2005 07:38:54 PM »

Hey all!  it's great to see so many Cincy crafters!  It's always nice to have others to share my obessesions with!  Has anyone checked out the Fabric Shack in Waynesville??  It's FABULOUS!  http://www.fabricshack.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?menu=submenu-2000.html

I started making placemat purses about a year ago and graduated up to using patterns to make all kinds of really cool bags.  I"ve been selling (or trying to sell ) them at local craft shows and art fairs.  I started knitting about two years ago too.  I"m always on the lookout for like-minded crafsters. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NynaeveAS

I'm pretty enough for both of us.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2005 11:57:25 AM »

UPDATE: Scrapbook Central (Just north of I-275 on St.Rt.42) is closing.  Currenlt the entire store is 40% off.  There is still a good selection of paper and stickers and pens but adhesives and refills are mostly gone.  They may still have some of their paper racks left.  They were taking names for those and as they clear out their paper they will call down the list. This is the type they have: http://www.thescrapbookplace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=4523&HS=1
They are probably going to be $50 but you must pick them up.  No shipping.  Anyway, here the letter about why they are closing and directions:
http://www.scrapbookcentralcincy.com

There is an Archivers over at Deerfield Town Center (north on Mason-Montgomery from I-71) 5125 Deerfield Boulevard 45040.  Sign up for their newsletter as you get a coupon for free cardstock each month.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
African American Hair: Mohawk Hairstyle, Foxy Rihanna Mohawk
Hair Highlighting Tips - Aftercare
Highlighting Part Hair and Applying Color
How to Prepare for Hair Highlighting
Hair Highlighting Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...