A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lap Quilts for All Swap Gallery  (Read 15178 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008 03:00:11 PM »

yesssss!  I think it'd be great if you did some sort of center piece or something with the muslin and embrodiered on that.  *I am so lucky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008 03:08:55 PM »

yesssss!  I think it'd be great if you did some sort of center piece or something with the muslin and embrodiered on that.  *I am so lucky.

i already started searching through my machine for something perfect
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
quilted
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008 03:20:57 PM »

I *love* doing hand embroidery and appliqué.... is there anyone who would prefer that I do not use these techniques? I promise I won't be offended!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try my free mobile health apps for the military community (and civilians too!): https://t2health.org/products/mobile-apps
audrey1999

I think I have become addicted to quilting.

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008 04:10:05 PM »

Athenamat:  Thank you for the comments!  I appreciate constructive criticism because I know that will make my next one better.   Smiley  Plus, I had not thought of that.  I used a 12" block pattern and figured out how to adjust it to 12.5.  It ended up being a little bigger so I trimmed it back, but now I think I should have left it alone.  Right?  But we are making the blocks 12.5 so when they are in placed in our final quilt they will be 12", so I really need to adjust the whole pattern... Off to ponder. 

I would love embroidery or applique or any cool technique like that Miss Disney.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Attention swap partners! My blog and flickr have spoilers! 
http://audreypawdrey.blogspot.com
athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2008 04:14:38 PM »

Well you need to use a 12" pattern.  That is the final size of paper pieced pattern and what we want our final size to be.  Then when you trim in the end, you leave a 1/4" on each edge (to make the 12.5" blocks required for this swap).  Does that make sense?

See how my points of the blue end 1/4" from the edge (it's harder to tell on the bottom point, but it does; or maybe I messed up but it "should" have 1/4" from the point to the edge).

I drew a 12" paper pieced pattern to do this and left the fabric hanging over the edge of the pattern by at least a 1/4" (then trimmed the block down to exactly 1/4" bigger than the pattern on each edge when I was all finished).  And the paper pieced patterns should look exactly what you want the finished block to look like.

I just figured that you're making such a perfect paper pieced block, it would be sad that you lose those points just because you didn't realize what the pattern should be like.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008 04:16:26 PM by athenamat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
audrey1999

I think I have become addicted to quilting.

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008 04:27:28 PM »

Thank you!  That makes it all much easier actually!  Now I will just make another one in my fabric (...glad I bought extra!)  to practice.  I do like the paper piecing! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Attention swap partners! My blog and flickr have spoilers! 
http://audreypawdrey.blogspot.com
MissDisney

You will never guess

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008 04:43:50 PM »

I *love* doing hand embroidery and appliqué.... is there anyone who would prefer that I do not use these techniques? I promise I won't be offended!!!!

i am not against it, as long as it plays into the theme of the fabrics and the quilt (mickey icon, black red and white are the only colors i want to use)

i had a picture, and it was perfect, but i didnt have my card in my camera, so i have to retake it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
quilted
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008 09:26:09 PM »

Here's my block, using my fabric. I know it's kind of stark, but I'm really into circles these days. What do you think? Too boring?  Undecided

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try my free mobile health apps for the military community (and civilians too!): https://t2health.org/products/mobile-apps
MissDisney

You will never guess

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2008 09:27:58 PM »

oh my....it is lovely!! great job
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tsuki_Tsubasa
~*Meow*~

Resident book worm..... X3

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2008 12:55:01 PM »

I think it's great quilted! ^___^ <3's~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yes, I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can find his way by moonlight, and see the dawn before the rest of the world."
Oscar Wilde
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
C&C Try: Rosewater
MAC Cosmetics Holiday Palette Review
How to Wear Gold Eyeliner
Birchbox Sneak Peek: December 2013
How to Use a Makeup Sponge to Apply Foundation
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...