A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,737
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My rose/masquerade wedding -- New photos on page 5  (Read 16820 times)
Tags for this thread: coffee_filter , rose , wedding_bouquet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kpooh
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2008 12:06:14 AM »

If you have a Hot topic in your area mall, they carry the chokers like that in many styles & widths.

I love the bird cages, heck, I love it all!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kimmie2soes
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2008 06:39:22 AM »

The black sand in the bottom of the bottle is a nice touch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Raine_Dementia
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2008 04:11:02 PM »

Thanks for the comments, guys! Smiley I love hearing what people think of these.

Here's some new photos:

This is a test arrangement my mom did. I left a few of my less succesful roses with her and she put them together with some of her own paper creations.

The dusty miller leaf is made from a cleaning cloth sold at the dollar store, so are the bells, and the cherry blossoms are coffee filters with embroidery thread stamens.

Here is some of the fabric we'll be using to go between the pillars, and two kinds of lace we were thinking of using for the head tables.

This is the only real plant in the arrangement. It's baby's breath painted black, with some netting.

Close-up of the dusty miller, pretty real looking, no?

Edit: Oh no, I almost forgot the forget-me-nots!

« Last Edit: April 09, 2008 08:28:32 PM by Raine_Dementia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you want rainbows, you must learn to live with the rain.
TheAmarant

I am. I am. I am.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2008 10:38:47 PM »

Those are so beautiful, everything looks so delicate real and antique!  If I ever have a wedding, I'd love to have similar arrangements.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RiverLikeARoad
Specializing in vintage clothing, shoes, and curious ephemera for your adoration.
Raine_Dementia
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2008 06:41:20 PM »

Glad you like them, just a quick update, I found these amazing pens:

http://www.beau-coup.com/blown-glass-pens.htm

I think I'll be splitting an order of these with someone so I can have one for my guestbook.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Raine_Dementia
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2008 02:36:12 PM »

Hey people! So, I've only just discovered the whole linked thumbnail thing so I'll be going back to update my old posts later so their a little more bandwidth-friendly.. But for the moment, enjoy my latest achievement! Tiny roses:

My mother brought it to my attention that I might want smaller roses for my bouquet, so I began creating these a week ago.
Here's a size comparison from the bottom. As you can see, I haven't done floral tape on the small ones yet, but thus far I have several off-white/yellow roses and a few pale pink, and pale red ones. I wanted to do white roses without having the coffee filter bright white, so these have worked quite well.

As always, comments and suggestions welcome! ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Raine_Dementia
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2008 02:48:58 PM »

Oh! Just wanted to add that I'm really stuck for ideas on what to do for jewelry. I want some wire knitted stuff, but I'm not sure my mom will be able to get more than my mask done in time for the wedding. Anyone know a good site besides the renaissance necklace I posted last time that might look good with my dress?

Also, I am rather lost on what I want for music in terms of the ceremony. I don't want any of the usual traditional music, though classical music is alright. I have pretty varied tastes, though.. I'm thinking of playing the theme from Howl's Moving Castle for my first dance, the really tinkly music box style piece from the beginning..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starveil101
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2008 03:21:46 PM »

you have gotten so amazingly skilled at creating those roses!  I love looking at everyone elses wedding pics!  It's so inspiring! (lol, inspiring to actually get things done since December is on it's way and my fiance and I are looking for venues right now, I feel like we have soo much to do!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Raine_Dementia
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2008 12:34:07 PM »

Hey guys, more updates are coming soon. I've been making some major breakthroughs with the roses, but to start with here's one of my nifty random experiments:

Now, I'd probably be doing this with something a bit nicer than a jamjar, but I think it looks pretty cool just as it is. What I did was take an LED candle then carefully bury it in all the sparklies. Alas, said sparklies are quite expensive at michaels, so the actual end result will probably be something more like glass marbles, which I can buy more of for cheaper.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention the end result would also have a group of roses or something decorative on top. I am taking suggestions as to what to put up there.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008 12:36:10 PM by Raine_Dementia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2008 06:25:15 PM »

at hobby lobby last week i saw LED christmas-type lights in this same crystal shapes.  i mention it just in case you want something else with that look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tools for Creating a Tiger Face
How to Apply Molding Wax for Constume Makeup
Costume Makeup - Finishing the Scarred Joker
Costume Makeup - Applying the Base Coat
Costume Makeup - Applying Liquid Latex
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...