A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,642
Currently Running With Scissors:
645 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Neighborly Gesture *updates on pgs 7, 11 and 13  (Read 22956 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eschewed xx
Barbara-Anna

my hands open my eyes open, and I just keep hoping

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2008 02:33:45 PM »

Greatest story ever. I never would have thought of that.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rodeo618
mini donkeys make the world a happier place

meg and oscar

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2008 04:27:45 PM »

Man! I wish I had thought of something that creatively with our old obnoxious neighbors! Good JoB!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

to live is to fly.....cowboy junkies
HeatherDelaCruz
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2008 08:31:52 PM »

yay! i love non-violent fixes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lissaw70
Hi....my name is Lissa...........and I'm a craft junkie...........

Pretty please?! With sugar on top???.....<3

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2008 12:58:53 PM »

I love it!!!

10 ways to get 'even' with inconsiderate neighbors:

1.  Give them a potted plant......with a fish head barely covered in the soil......or hang a whole fish in the foliage of one
     of the trees near their windows.
2.  Fill their lock on the door with bubble gum (my brother used epoxy.......on a car......... Shocked)
3.  Mount a PA system speaker in a less than visible area ........and when they invade your space.......play a recorded
     announcement LOUDLY that states "This property is protected by Stay-safe Securities and a call has been placed to
     authorities........ ..." .....(this could also double to play elevator/classical music........to ward them off to begin with)
4.  Mount a daylight-controlled floodlight........a nd point it towards their windows
5.  Purchase a leaf-blower........and give them back their trash..........as well as yours
6.  Gather their 'butts' .......put them in an envelope.......and 'mail' them to them.......with a note saying you're returning
     their property.
7.  Hang one of those sound activated "electronic guard-dog" things on your door.......one that sounds like a BIG
     dog......
8.  Place announcements of an upcoming "block party" around your neighborhood....... ..with their addy
9.  Provide them a place to sit.........that's rigged to one of those "shocking" pet trainers
10.  Place a bunch of old nuts/bolts behind the hubcap of their car.........they'll think their car is falling apart.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mama was wrong..........idle hands lead to fantabulous projects!!
the_christine
« Reply #144 on: April 02, 2008 01:09:21 PM »

Wow, what bizarre behavior on the part of the neighbors, and good thinking on your part!  That chair is hilarious, you did a great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gossamer_gull
« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2008 11:13:35 AM »

Glad the situation has improved since you employed this cutesie-scare tactic! Hell hath no fury like a crafter scorned!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bourtney
« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2008 11:52:37 AM »

Is there a way to nominate you for a Nobel Peace Prize? You're my hero.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilmissZ28

If it aint broke, dont fix it!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2008 09:03:43 AM »

I love it!!!

10 ways to get 'even' with inconsiderate neighbors:

1.  Give them a potted plant......with a fish head barely covered in the soil......or hang a whole fish in the foliage of one
     of the trees near their windows.
2.  Fill their lock on the door with bubble gum (my brother used epoxy.......on a car......... Shocked)
3.  Mount a PA system speaker in a less than visible area ........and when they invade your space.......play a recorded
     announcement LOUDLY that states "This property is protected by Stay-safe Securities and a call has been placed to
     authorities........ ..." .....(this could also double to play elevator/classical music........to ward them off to begin with)
4.  Mount a daylight-controlled floodlight........a nd point it towards their windows
5.  Purchase a leaf-blower........and give them back their trash..........as well as yours
6.  Gather their 'butts' .......put them in an envelope.......and 'mail' them to them.......with a note saying you're returning
     their property.
7.  Hang one of those sound activated "electronic guard-dog" things on your door.......one that sounds like a BIG
     dog......
8.  Place announcements of an upcoming "block party" around your neighborhood....... ..with their addy
9.  Provide them a place to sit.........that's rigged to one of those "shocking" pet trainers
10.  Place a bunch of old nuts/bolts behind the hubcap of their car.........they'll think their car is falling apart.

LOLOLOL........... I'm making a metal note to never piss you off!!!!!!!! lmaoo  Wink Wink Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zazazoom
« Reply #148 on: May 26, 2008 02:01:29 AM »

I have read this whole thread and did think it was funny, particularly the chair to begin with. My guess from the start was that maybe it was some language/cultural barrier. I don't think most inconsiderate neighbors really mean to be a-holes, and particular with a cultural difference between you they may have been trying to be your friend by hanging out on your patio or something. In general I don't like being passive aggressive... I tend to do it but it ends up being just as frustrating for me as for my nemesis so its easier just to be like "wtf, please don't use my porch" in most situations. The colorful chair was a fun, happy solution that obviously didnt do much harm!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lissaw70
Hi....my name is Lissa...........and I'm a craft junkie...........

Pretty please?! With sugar on top???.....<3

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #149 on: May 27, 2008 06:27:18 AM »

I agree ........to a degree........... Roll Eyes

But when they leave their trash behind..........in what is OBVIOUSLY not a trash container........th at's where they crossed the line.  Not to mention...........h overing on someone's porch.........EVEN if there's a language barrier..........co nsistently and all hours of the day AND night............we ll..........that's just RUDE.  My take on it is that they probably were taking advantage of the language barrier............ as well as their neighbor's good nature............ Roll Eyes

Which is probably why God created people like me........... Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mama was wrong..........idle hands lead to fantabulous projects!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Self Magazine’s Perfect Stocking Stuffers
Day to Night Hairstyle Tutorials
Ciaté Puts the Polish on Last Minute Christmas Gifts
Indulging in Chocolate Without the Calories
Supermodels Reveal Beauty and Fitness Tips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...