A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
733 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Neighborly Gesture *updates on pgs 7, 11 and 13  (Read 22906 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

librarychic
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2008 10:47:22 AM »

I like the gay-pride flag idea.  Make sure to state it in several languages.  I have a small yappy dog--she works wonders!  Also, the concept of glue-ing (sp.?) the neighbors refuse to their porch has a certain appeal.  I applaud your positive use of passive-aggressive behavior. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GBkittyKat

DeathRock Baby, Yeah!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2008 10:49:01 AM »

I'm a very private person which has many downfalls living in an apartment community but if I had people crashing on my territory, no matter what the language the fire extinguisher would be making an appearance.  That would teach them!  Muhaha.  I love your vindictive chair - wonderful idea...and slightly less messy then mine LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm poor and I'm weird, baby, you've got no time for me!
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2008 04:15:17 PM »

Spray a cloud of girly perfume to have wafting around your patio-or burn a very floral inscense. Something cheap and obnoxious,but definitely girly! And spreading some irridescent glitter where they sit-they'll look so cute covered in glitter later. I like something motion activated that triggers lights or noise. I just bought a personal alarm from the lock store.They said a lot of people rig them to windows and doors as a cheap burglar alarm.Mine costs ten dollars,and it's ear piercing! My aunt had a plastic bullfrog that croaked loudly every time you walked in front of it.
Seriously, I'd be tempted to just call the cops. Or have a friend do it. "I heard strange male voices outside my friend's window-I thought for sure it was burglars!" It's a shame you don't have a cop buddy who can drop by to visit while in uniform.
And something I would never have the nerve to do-when they show up on your patio-you and some friends come out carrying chairs and a radio-smile and wave, and walk past them to THEIR patio,and make yourselves at home! I'm not seriously suggesting this-you have to live near them,and I don't know how they'd retaliate! But it's fun to think about.
Oh,and your plants? Buy some manure-you can buy bags of it at a garden supply-and heap it around them. Or something else gross-hey,you're just fertilizing your plants!
Got it-put an automatic sprinkler and a hose in the yard near your patio-it comes on at night? Oops, set it wrong, or hey, you use your yard during the day. It sprayed the patio? That's where your plants are, or oops, better adjust the spray.People do set sprinklers anywhere and anytime.Someone on my block had one that sprayed the sidewalk-so you had to time your walk past the house just right, or step into the street.And had the hose on the sidewalk where you'd trip on it.And god knows how early-I know it was going at 6 a.m. when I went to work.But they had to water their yard to the very edge, so they didn't care.
I love what you did to their chair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
punkrockpengu1n
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2008 05:17:35 PM »

LOL! I love how your vindictive expression of anger involves rainbows and unicorns. That's adorable.

No really, this is hilarious... and so creative! I literally laughed out loud when I read this. It's also hilarious that the neighbor opted to take a seat on the steps rather than the happy rainbow sunshine chair.

This is all too awesome.

By the way, whoever painted the chair is extremely talented! It's really cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zenthistle
« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2008 08:37:59 AM »

I think there is  motion detected cat spray
or some other motion detector that makes an annoying noise if they get within a meter
like a croaking frog or barking dog

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2751025&cp=2767033.2768983&sr=1
that you could leave on the porch....

http://www.frognirvana.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?store_code=FN&screen=PROD&product_code=98697

either that or take spanish and learn  how to say hola...

I love mexican food....  if you can get invited to a cook out your in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tishous

keep the wind at your back & the sun on your face

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2008 04:13:03 PM »

sucks that such an awesome chair is going to a couple of douches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be lonely is a habit,
like smoking or taking drugs.
I quit them both
but man was it rough."
kaishabackwards
I am interested in politics so that one day I will not have to be interested in politics.

My eyes are nothing like the sun.

« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2008 04:35:40 AM »

Make Crafts, Not War.

This is my new motto for life!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaishabackwards
I am interested in politics so that one day I will not have to be interested in politics.

My eyes are nothing like the sun.

« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2008 04:38:49 AM »

Shenanigans!!  SHENANIGANS!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hahnasay
im awesome

OMG! IS THAT A DUCK?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: March 20, 2008 06:22:00 PM »

that was a great idea haha

THIS ROCKS   Logged

you may say im a dreamer, but im not the only one

Current Swaps:
Dinosaur Swap Rd2 - Awaiting Feedback
WWP Rd18 Ostara Swap - Awaiting Feedback
Once You Pop 2010 Springtime - Awaiting Feedback

Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/hahnasay

Photography Website: http://shahnachristine.wordpress.c
lemonader
« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2008 11:35:44 AM »

I like the idea of some sort of alarm... although it would annoy everybody in the vicinity,not just these guys.

Maybe try planting some poison ivy? They're going to have to stick their hands into the pot to butt out their cigarettes... what, it's not your fault that they had an "allergic reaction" to your plant.

How about a simple "no trespassing" sign? If they still hang out on your porch when you've got the sign up, well then that's a crime now isn't it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get Penélope Cruz’s Nude Lips
The Best at Home High-Tech Skin Care Devices
Guy Attempts to Follow a J-Lo Glow Tutorial
Sona Gasparian Talks Personal Style and On-Set Secrets
Turmeric Mask from India
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...