A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,151
Currently Running With Scissors:
621 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Leap Day Wedding! ***Edited with more photo goodness!***  (Read 4164 times)
Tags for this thread: favors  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redheadedblonde

Now we're in Gumby; I'm gonna walk through a book.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008 11:46:48 PM »

Thanks guys!  The leap day thing was kind of a fluke - we actually wanted to get married on the first - but nothing was available.  We decided we'll just celebrate on the first, and every "real" anniversary we'll go on a trip (if we can afford it, of course).  Your comments mean a lot - I think the world of my fellow crafters - you guys are amazing!  So creative and talented! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
frogeyesalad

Texting from a few feet away? For shame!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008 08:08:12 PM »

can you share a link to the place you bought your flowers from? I really love everything you did:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redheadedblonde

Now we're in Gumby; I'm gonna walk through a book.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008 01:31:44 PM »

Of course I can.  Smiley  www.flowerbud.com

I was able to get 40 white mini callas and 120 pink mini callas for 350 dollars (I also paid 10 dollars for overnight shipping)- which was way less than what I would have paid if I had gotten comparable arrangements at a florist....

The quality was amazing - they were way better than the ones I bought at our local fancy grocery store when I did a "test-run" to see if I could make the bouquets before I committed to buying flowers wholesale.  I think I spent about $40 for just those 12 mini callas (but one of the 12 was unusable).

I sprinkled freeze-dried rosepetals on the grass aisle, but in hindsight, it probably would have been cheaper to go to a florist or wholesale flower shop for them.  I had to have white ones, though, so I couldn't be flexible with that (garden rules - I think they once had a wedding with red, and all the guests left pink marks on the carpet inside).

I got the rosepetals here - http://www.petalgarden.com/freeze-dried-rose-petals.htm

I bought a "medium" case - and it really wasn't enough - they were pretty spare.  But at least I didn't have to worry about running out and getting them - and the petals weren't that important to me, more of an afterthought, really.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
star_inmypocket
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008 04:25:55 PM »

Those invites are wicked! Everything looks wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the works of man have their origin in creative fantasy. What right have we then to depreciate imagination? -Jung

http://LuluMcCleary.etsy.com
http://thelifeoflulubelle.wordpress.com
http://pinterest.com/lulumccleary/
ntrebleagain

I see no good reason to act my age.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012 12:35:32 PM »

I found this post while searching for Leap Day goodies... Happy 1st or 4th Anniversary tomorrow!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adding Background Elements and Importing Photoshop Smart Objects
A New Way to Flatten Images in CS3
5 Tips For Layer Styles
5 Things You Need to Know About the Gradient Tool in Photoshop
5 Things You Need to Know About Filters in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...