A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,097
Currently Running With Scissors:
565 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Leap Day Wedding! ***Edited with more photo goodness!***  (Read 3970 times)
Tags for this thread: favors  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redheadedblonde

Now we're in Gumby; I'm gonna walk through a book.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008 11:46:48 PM »

Thanks guys!  The leap day thing was kind of a fluke - we actually wanted to get married on the first - but nothing was available.  We decided we'll just celebrate on the first, and every "real" anniversary we'll go on a trip (if we can afford it, of course).  Your comments mean a lot - I think the world of my fellow crafters - you guys are amazing!  So creative and talented! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
frogeyesalad

Texting from a few feet away? For shame!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008 08:08:12 PM »

can you share a link to the place you bought your flowers from? I really love everything you did:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redheadedblonde

Now we're in Gumby; I'm gonna walk through a book.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008 01:31:44 PM »

Of course I can.  Smiley  www.flowerbud.com

I was able to get 40 white mini callas and 120 pink mini callas for 350 dollars (I also paid 10 dollars for overnight shipping)- which was way less than what I would have paid if I had gotten comparable arrangements at a florist....

The quality was amazing - they were way better than the ones I bought at our local fancy grocery store when I did a "test-run" to see if I could make the bouquets before I committed to buying flowers wholesale.  I think I spent about $40 for just those 12 mini callas (but one of the 12 was unusable).

I sprinkled freeze-dried rosepetals on the grass aisle, but in hindsight, it probably would have been cheaper to go to a florist or wholesale flower shop for them.  I had to have white ones, though, so I couldn't be flexible with that (garden rules - I think they once had a wedding with red, and all the guests left pink marks on the carpet inside).

I got the rosepetals here - http://www.petalgarden.com/freeze-dried-rose-petals.htm

I bought a "medium" case - and it really wasn't enough - they were pretty spare.  But at least I didn't have to worry about running out and getting them - and the petals weren't that important to me, more of an afterthought, really.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
star_inmypocket
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008 04:25:55 PM »

Those invites are wicked! Everything looks wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the works of man have their origin in creative fantasy. What right have we then to depreciate imagination? -Jung

http://LuluMcCleary.etsy.com
http://thelifeoflulubelle.wordpress.com
http://pinterest.com/lulumccleary/
ntrebleagain

I see no good reason to act my age.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012 12:35:32 PM »

I found this post while searching for Leap Day goodies... Happy 1st or 4th Anniversary tomorrow!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Raw Food California Rolls - Part 1
How to Find Wine Matches for Sushi
How to Make Mongolian Lamb
How to Make Balachaung
Asian Spare Ribs with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...