A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Please take a moment to congratulate and thank our newest Craftster Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss!
Total Members: 305,662
Currently Running With Scissors:
448 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yar! Pirate monkey and first mate kitty**Just Added -Inky the Octopus***  (Read 6081 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kstarsk
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2005 06:09:36 AM »

thank you thank you thank you everyone! i really had no idea what i was doing and just figured it out as i went along Wink

LOL! I LOVE the monkey's butt. That is too funny. Those are great! What stitch did you use to close them up? That's always my problem, it never looks very good.

the monkey's butt was my boyfriend's idea b/c i couldn't figure out how to do a tail! as for closing it up, i left the tops of their heads open so that the hand-stiching would be covered by their hats. i just doubled up the thread and used a simple overcast stitch and tried my darnedest to make them small and even. i discovered that the more overstuffed their heads were, the more that the stitches blended in -it pulled the fabric flat. plus the knots at either end were easier to hide next to their ears.

I LOVE the monkey! It is so professional-looking! Your appliques are amazing!

for the appliques i used a little craft glue to keep them in place and then machine-stitched everything in place before assembling everything. for some of the smaller, trickier pieces i just hand-cranked the machine so that i could do a single stitch and rotate the fabric.

I still have the drawing that i used to make the monkey pattern, I could scan it in and post it if anyone is interested.

Smiley katie

oh and rum monkey is FABULOUS! i love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"there never was a good war or a bad peace"
-benjamin franklin
Melsky
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2005 07:02:07 AM »

Those are wonderful!  I love the peg leg on the cat especially.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princessandthebead
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2005 07:12:15 AM »

I am interested in the pattern if you do not mind scanning it.  There is a big group of us that goes camping (the Justice Squirrels) and one of the girls is just crazy over pirate stuff....that would just be awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a Sharpie addiction.  eemmm...In Fact, I am the President of the Sharpie relocation program. 
Newest addiction....PINCUSHIONS!!
I love personal swaps!

My wist:  http://www.wists.com/princessandthebead

I collect business cards and would LOVE to add yours to my collection!  Email me!
elasticcamel
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2005 09:35:23 PM »

OMG!  Those ROCK!  I love them!  The monkey's hat is divine!  You have so much imagination!  Now you have to make a whole crew of pirates.  I can't wait to see more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kstarsk
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2005 11:35:57 AM »

I am interested in the pattern if you do not mind scanning it. There is a big group of us that goes camping (the Justice Squirrels) and one of the girls is just crazy over pirate stuff....that would just be awesome!!

i would love to know the story behind the justice squirrels! lol!

here is a link to the scan of the monkey drawing i used.. i couldn't find the original of the hat so i traced it out... i would definately say use the hat as a guideline once the monkey is done.. enlarge or shrink as necessary so that it fits the finished product better!

http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~ksylor/images/monkeypattern.jpg

http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~ksylor/images/monkeyhatpattern.jpg

and the next member of the group will be a pirate octopus.. i started the pattern last night, we'll see how it goes!

Smiley kt
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"there never was a good war or a bad peace"
-benjamin franklin
DeadDisco
I'm the ne plus ultra, of B+ cultcha'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2005 02:29:43 PM »

Woah! That monkey is so cool! It reminds me of the Monkey Island computer games...man those games were great. Very nice job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2005 08:23:26 PM »

They are so great. I can't wait to see the octopus.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elasticcamel
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2005 03:35:42 PM »

That is one mighty fine octopus!  I am trying to think what sort of animal could come next...maybe a parrot with a tiny little human on its shoulder... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ducktape_diva

Book'em good-lookin'

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2005 09:02:21 PM »

I know this is rather mild concept compared to the insanity that is runnig wild here, but I noticed the lack of a parrot. Maybe a shark would be neat too. I don't know. I'm just throwing out random ideas. I don't know if anyone remembers the Animaniacs, but I seem to recall an episode where they were all pirates and their ship was a whale.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
miaumiau
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2005 05:29:36 PM »

This is a sort-of tangent, but does anybody else make pirate plushes here?  I've been doing pirate teeth for a while now and this is the first time I've seen another pirate plush! I would love to set up a links page or something on my site for other people who do this, would like to, etc. I am pirate crazy.

PS- That octopus is the cutest thing I've ever seen, particularly the suckers!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008 12:41:12 PM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

in slack we funk
http://angrytooth.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Harry Potter Opening Night: How to Relive Hogwarts After Dark
A Guide to Getting into Hogwarts
How to Make an Underwater Video
How to Make Your Own How to Film
Learn About the Film Noir
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Reusable Dryer Sheets
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...