A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,556
Currently Running With Scissors:
706 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FIREFLY / SERENITY SWAP ROUND 7  (Read 15082 times)
Tags for this thread: firefly , serenity , whedon , tv  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

maldania
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2008 02:58:35 PM »

Hey lookie! I got my package! And it's full of really shiny stuff! Here's what Radegund was kind enough to send me:

A Firefly zipper pull and Jayne hat pin! So cute! My boyfriend nearly stole the pin, but I stopped him with my cunning  Wink

Two appropriately mismatched drinking glasses painted with the ivy on the walls of Serenity's galley, I always loved how nice and homey it looked!

Return address labels with related pictures! Awesome! I never in a million years would have thought of this, they're fantastic! I know quite a few people who'll be getting letters now, and maybe even the cable company!  Grin

And finally-

A Firefly pocket pillow for use while watching many hours of the show! I'm in awe of this, it's wonderful! And ssoo many pockets, I'll have to buy a few comics to fill them! Smiley Oh, and even the ties have meaning- pink for Kaylee's dress, red for the Reavers and purple for Alliance! Here are some detail pics, and some of the other side:

Serenity herself, complete with a golden engine and trail!

And a little Earth That Was hiding behind a pocket!

And here's the reverse, a reenactment of the Great Dinosaur Betrayal! They'll forever argue on my sofa now!

And lastly, the group shot:

Lovely! Thanks so much Radegund, Pretendpeterpan and everyone else! This has been so much fun, especially for a first swap!  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2008 03:10:03 PM »

WOW the pillow was an excellent idea, I especially like Earth that was tucked away there  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Radegund
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2008 04:36:40 PM »

Yay!  I'm glad you like them!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MelancholyMiss
"impure as the driven yellow snow!" - Spike

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2008 05:11:23 PM »

Cool Ranegund, that is the most kick ass cushion ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

syrlig
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2008 01:18:43 AM »

the pillow is awesome! Cheesy And the return address labels is suck a good idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I collect the pieces of insight I find on the street and sew them into a quilt of understanding.
Lotuspixie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2008 06:18:57 AM »

indeed, super job on the pillow.  very well made Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them
Harvey
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2008 02:12:30 PM »

I have finished! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Will be sending Saturday or Tuesday our time, that will be Monday in US. The Easter long weekend means that everything is closed Friday, Sunday and Monday. I have to see if my local post office is open on Saturday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linnybelle
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2008 04:29:37 PM »

I've been so busy crafting that I completely forgot to look at the gallery!  Now I'm even more inspired.  Everything looks terrific and I love the pillow.  I read in all sorts of funny positions, so I like pillows. 

The goslings are also wonderful.  I've been threatening my bf with a set of them, but he's not as enthusiastic about them as I am. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2008 06:33:00 AM »

I trekked to the post office yesterday... then realized I'd left a few little goodies out of the package. The main goodies are all there, but I wanted to send some American geegaws to Australia, and didn't.

Honestly, how COOL is it to Serenity Swap from DC to Australia? Only in Craftster Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2008 10:56:10 AM »

If the P.O is open tomorrow I'll be sending Syrlig her first installment....I had to split the package as it was no longer of a size to be classed as a "small packet" and would have cost me 20 to post! My fella is pretty easy going with the s but I think I'd be pushing my luck at that  Roll Eyes so "the big one" is going first followed by the smaller one after the public hols.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Shirt Out of Paper
How to Make a Stitch
How to Make the Ribstitch
How to Lose a Stitch Properly
How to Make a Basket Weave Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...