A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,764
Currently Running With Scissors:
522 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pushing Daisies Gallery  (Read 9064 times)
Tags for this thread: pushing_daisies , tv , wonderfalls  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Michela
Hi, I'm Confused. And you are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 04, 2008 10:34:51 AM »

Post 'em when you get 'em!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008 10:35:11 AM by Michela » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft so I can avoid reality.....
My wist
digitallasagna
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008 02:29:12 PM »

I'm excited Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dinosaurus Meg

I wish I was a wolpertinger.

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008 11:47:43 AM »

Awesome, first project post! Here's what I sent to Auntiem (I have to pick mine up at the post office this afternoon, I'm so excited!)

Picture time! First here's the group shot so you can look at the awesomeness all together (lol sorry, I'm pretty proud of this stuff Tongue)

Here's the large item, a tote bag with the Darling Mermaid Darlings embroidered on the front of some "watery" fabric:

A close up of the embroidery:

The inside (the lining is sort of a dark periwinkle blue-y purple but it looks more blue here):

Here's with stuff inside for scale (A craft book, mass market paperback, a wallet, phone and keys, and a notebook [item 2]):

Medium item: a notebook cover with notebook with embroidered likeness of Emerson Cod, Private Eye.

Close up of his embroidered face:

Complete with an encouraging note on being a P.I.

Small item: A tea towel with embroidered beehive and flowers and partially lined backing:

The backing just covers the backside of the knots from embroidering:

And a close up of the pretty bees:

Auntiem says she loved everything and I'm so glad she did, I really loved making everything and I believe that through this swap experience I have perfected my tote bag pattern Cheesy

Let's see some more packages!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hey Fiber People: I am very interested in personal swaps for painted/dyed roving or top. I can swap supplies or crafted items. Let's talk!

Every body wants a rock to wind a piece of string around.
auntiem
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008 12:13:33 PM »

Thanks for posting pix! There is no way I could have discribed them well enough. I adore everything! The needlework is just awesome. I actually do "use" teatowels - in that they hang on my oven door looking pretty. I'm ready to be a P.I. with my wicked cool notebook - I think I'll start off easy though, and use it to collect data on the Survivors this season. I love that the bag is really sturdy - a much needed feature for me. It is difficult to pick a favorite but seriously - how awesome are the mermaids?! Did you draw them first? I love how they are kind of "Sailor Jerry" mermaids and not "disney" mermaids if that makes any sense at all.
Thank- you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Michela
Hi, I'm Confused. And you are?

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008 12:47:36 PM »

what an awesome!! I think my fave it the beehive, its soooooooooo cute! and I'm such a sucker for bees lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft so I can avoid reality.....
My wist
GrannysAnnie

"It's always something!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008 12:52:48 PM »

Wow, Dinosaurus Meg - everything looks so professional!  Auntiem is very lucky!  I think my favorite is the Darling Mermaid Darlings bag.  The embroidery is crazy awesome, and I like how the fabric looks like water... oh yeah, and I love the Aunts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The screenname says it all - I'm my Granny's Annie!

*PhD student and audiologist extraordinaire*
digitallasagna
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008 01:15:39 PM »

I love the mermaids. everything is so awesome Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dinosaurus Meg

I wish I was a wolpertinger.

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008 04:48:04 PM »

Hey everyone, I'm so flattered you like the things I made, I really did have a fun time making everything. Cheesy I made the bag super sturdy because I hate it when I have a bunch of stuff to carry and I am afraid my floppy flimsy bag will tear or something  Shocked I like.. triple stitch reinforced the handles lol, just in case. Cheesy The mermaid pattern I actually got from the craftster user "BadBird" but I modified it a bunch, I took out a lot of the stuff she had in the original drawing. I'm not a fan of Disney mermaids either Tongue Funny thing: in her original there's a banner and it said "Hello Sailor!" lol

And, I just got back from the post office and I picked up my package. It's awesome!!! Everything is so cool, I love the knitted pie slice (blackberry, my favorite!), the tissue box cozy is fantastic (I use tissues all the time, Ghost Whisperer makes me cry Tongue Not really.. well maybe sometimes  Roll Eyes), The hat looks so warm and just like a slice of pie, and a knitting needle roll? AWESOME!! It has mermaids on it too!! I am so excited, this swap was pretty darned fun! I will post more pics as soon as I can get my hands on a camera Cheesy Thank you so much, Auntiem!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hey Fiber People: I am very interested in personal swaps for painted/dyed roving or top. I can swap supplies or crafted items. Let's talk!

Every body wants a rock to wind a piece of string around.
ceemonster
Eccletic Crafter

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008 09:00:54 AM »

AH!!!
I just got THE GREATEST package from my wonderful, fabulous partner, GrannysAnnie, who certainly out did herself for her first swap! Truly amazing!

Sooooooo many pictures because there were soooo may goodies. Smiley

The haul, all wrapped up in pretty paper. Smiley Each of them has a quote (or two) and a picture. Smiley The box also was covered in daisy stickers.

First Quote:

I wonder what is inside...
An adorable purse with handmade daisy button. Smiley

It's kinda heavy though...  Something is inside!

PUSHING DAISIES THEMED WORD VOMIT!!! aka Magnetic poetry!  So fab!!! I honestly thought this was the greatest thing ever!   Grin

Next up...

Plastic wrap kisses earrings!

Next:

Cheese earrings!

4th:

I agree, Chuck., it is cold...
Good thing my awesome buddy sent me, not one but TWO beautiful scarves!

And last but certainly NOT least...

BIG DADDY HIMSELF!!!

I also got stickers and caaaaaandy. Smiley

Complete haul, unwrapped and faaaaabulous!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, GrannysAnnie!!
This package could not have arrived at a better time! You have been a great partner and so supportive for me during this hard time. I will be sending my package out soon! In fact, I took off work today not only to recover from yesterday but to put all the finishing touches on my crafts for you. *many many many hugs*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cate

http://pinterest.com/ceemonster/
Private Swap Friendly
auntiem
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008 09:10:50 AM »

I love the word vomit magnets - awesome. Such a creative package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Expert Reveals Summer Habits That Are Harmful To Your Skin
Beauty Test Lab: One Minute Polish
Beauty Test Lab: Bite Lip Pencil Review
Double Dare: Subtly Shimmering Cheeks
Double Dare: Cherry Red Lip
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...