A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 312,154
Currently Running With Scissors:
672 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spiderman Rag Quilt  (Read 1056 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: March 03, 2008 09:43:09 AM »

This is my first time posting in the quilting section, yay! I've been waiting for this day Smiley

I made this rag quilt for my boyfriend for Valentines Day. We live in Canada and he doesn't like to turn his heat on in his apartment in the winter (crazy, I know) so I decided he needed something to keep him warm. I love the look of rag quilts, and I've been collecting different Spiderman fabrics for a few months wanting to make something for the bf (who is crazy about Spiderman) but not quite sure what. I decided to make a rag quilt and while shopping online for some discount plain flannel for the back of the quilt, I stumbled across Spiderman printed flannel for $1.15 CDN a yard!! Because it was so cheap I got 12 yards and doubled it up to make the quilt extra warm. It's four layers, one of cotton, one of batting and two of the flannel. I'm not sure of the size, I just made it as big as I could with the fabric that I had. The present was a hit and it's SO warm it's unbelievable! Onto pictures...

Here it is post-ragging -- it didn't get ruined, yay! It's on a queen bed, for size reference.

A close up of the fabrics I used..

The flannel! I tried to line the squares up in the back so that it would look alright. It's not great, but you get the idea. Also, I didn't realize until after that just the method I was using to cut it and then double it up made it so I only had squares with Spiderman on it... the fabric also features his hand slinging web. I did get one square of that flannel in, but that's it.

One more for good measure!

Thanks for looking! As always, advice/tips/comments/criticisms are appreciated!

"My ideal candidate? Jack Bauer. But he is unavailable... fictional... and overqualified." - Dwight K Schrute (The Office US)

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008 05:08:00 AM »

I clicked on this with my son beside me, and he is mesmerized.  I may have to make a spiderman quilt now.  Yours is very good.

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008 05:12:14 AM »

Thank you so much!!

"My ideal candidate? Jack Bauer. But he is unavailable... fictional... and overqualified." - Dwight K Schrute (The Office US)

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008 09:20:56 AM »

Such a fun quilt!! nice job. You did it!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fashion Fix: Distressed Jeans
Girls Night In: Fabulous Fascinators
Why Fidgeting Makes You Think Clearly
Lodge Vignette PostRoll
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric Plumeria Flowers
Ghosts and Graveyards
Meatless Monday: Stuffed Acorn Squash

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...