A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,118
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How to get from Marietta to Atlanta **UPDATED**  (Read 9744 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

superspork
figment of your imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008 01:16:17 PM »

oh this is so super! wouldn't it be great if googlemaps gave directions to everything in atlanta based off the big chicken? hehheh...  Cheesy very nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gvillegal
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2008 01:26:10 PM »

I saw the image of the big chicken and had to click and see.  I don't travel much to Marietta so when I do and get lost, I just look for the Big Chicken.

And yes, I can confirm they are turning the original Waffle House into a museum.  It used to be a really sketchy looking chinese place but Waffle House bought it back and is renovating it. I think they are going to be renting it out for events and such.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2008 01:32:10 PM »

Wow! Wow! Wow!
My husband lived in Atlanta a number of years when he was a kid, and boy, Oh boy! Did we ever laugh at all the "Peachtree this-and-thats" when we lived in Columbus and came into The Big City!

Small world, isn't it! And I, too, have a brother who is with a mission group in South Africa (Jo-burg)!... (same brother who used to live in PEACHTREE CITY, too!!!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2008 02:20:11 PM »

I love what you did!
so very clever,
I'm kind of wishing for a big chicken to be built here now
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
colourandy
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2008 02:32:40 PM »

This explains why TBS went to Peachtree, I'm from Canada & I was like "wt- why Peachtree" ... it sounded rather weird, for lack of a better term.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Grieney

rambunctiously soft-spoken

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2008 02:50:25 PM »

This explains why TBS went to Peachtree, I'm from Canada & I was like "wt- why Peachtree" ... it sounded rather weird, for lack of a better term.

Huh It's still TBS on my side of the border?!?  Ted Turner must be playing tricks on you.  Don't ever trust that guy.

(secret message to colourandy - just because I use cheats doesn't mean I'm not smart  Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yes, my parents know that I'm a hooker

Wist : Blog : Etsy :
panda
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2008 03:20:23 PM »

Oh mand the Varsity....they have the best greasey fries......and orange cream shake.  but they are few and far between.

I did not realize there were so many from the Atlanta area.......sounds like a craftster weekend......LOL.    mmmmmmmmmmm  Maybe something at the Big Chicken...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

colourandy
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2008 03:22:12 PM »

Huh It's still TBS on my side of the border?!?  Ted Turner must be playing tricks on you.  Don't ever trust that guy.

(secret message to colourandy - just because I use cheats doesn't mean I'm not smart  Wink)

Yes! I know it's called TBS on your side of the boarder, it's rather depressing. I miss TBS & all it's glory (+ it's fantastic tv shows -- like Save the Bell). I don't get your secret message by the way , what cheats ?

PS: Just because I don't get it, doesn't mean I'm stupid WinkTongue (had to say it)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2008 03:22:40 PM »

I love the big chicken! When I was a kid, it was my favorite part of trips to GA. Okay, maybe Six Flags was my favorite, but chicken was close.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
Lova
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2008 03:42:30 PM »

I love what you did for the Challenge! Made me a bit home sick.

I was rolling on the floor when I saw the Big Chicken on here! I use to live by Walton High School. And Yes you are right everyone give you the way to go by the chicken.

But the funnest thing is the story behind the chicken. In the early days of the chicken it wasn't owned by KFC. At some point they quit turning the chicken on because in the first building it would break the windows when it was on. In the early 90's a storm came through and damaged the first chicken. KFC was talking about tearing down the chicken all together.  The town was in a panic. There was pations that were everywhere you went to save the Big Chicken.  It was finally decide to take down the building and rebuild with the Big Chicken you see today.  If  you look at a map of the area you will see the Big Chicken as a land mark.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Oil Paint Shadows
How to Oil Paint Part 3/3
How to Oil Paint Part 1/3
How to Oil Paint Part 2/3
Chuck Close Explains How He Paints with a Grid
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...