A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,077
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tattoo Shirt?  (Read 1777 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meepum

^me and j9crafts. yeah. I'm a superhero.

View Profile WWW
« on: March 02, 2008 09:05:27 AM »

Hello,

I am soon getting a tattoo. A giant tattoo. I've never had a tattoo before, but yeah, go big or go home, right? Anyway... It's a giant back piece.

Like all over my back. It's a custom piece by an amazing artist: www.jeffcrocitattoo .com

So my question is, what do I wear for this? Because I don't want to be nakers when I get tattooed... not for the first one anyway.

So I was thinking of either making a shirt or altering one... to look like this:

The bottom part will be lower though...

What do you think? Alter or make a new one?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kaos
A random assortment of artistic delicacies.

Photo editors are dangerous...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008 09:15:12 AM »

Based on my experience with back tattoos, I'm pretty sure that even if you wear a shirt like that they're gonna have you hike it up to your neck. That shirt doesn't look like it will allow the artist much movement...the fabric will keep getting in the way. Do you have a smock or a hospital gown that opens in the back? You'd at least be covered in the front. I'm sure with a big back piece they're gonna want your entire back exposed...good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meepum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008 09:29:16 AM »

Based on my experience with back tattoos, I'm pretty sure that even if you wear a shirt like that they're gonna have you hike it up to your neck. That shirt doesn't look like it will allow the artist much movement...the fabric will keep getting in the way. Do you have a smock or a hospital gown that opens in the back? You'd at least be covered in the front. I'm sure with a big back piece they're gonna want your entire back exposed...good luck!

What if I make it like a halter on top and then like a band on the bottom...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meepum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008 11:04:20 AM »

that shirt looks great for showing off your tattoo but... would you rather stay covered or have your tattoo in the right spot? the artist it gonna have to see your whole back to put it in the right place. it's an afternoon of being nakkie in return for a lifetime with a tattoo that you don't regret the placement of.

hmm maybe I should just save it for later then... after I get it.

I don't wanna be nakey though! Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008 11:08:29 AM »

I imagine they give you a towel to hold over your boobies.....
 Huh

What about a halter top that can be untied on the bottom band, that way it won't fall off but they can still get to your entire back?  You'll just have to hold the top against your body for modesty.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

meepum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008 11:12:52 AM »

I imagine they give you a towel to hold over your boobies.....
 Huh

What about a halter top that can be untied on the bottom band, that way it won't fall off but they can still get to your entire back?  You'll just have to hold the top against your body for modesty.

That sounds good...

I wonder if I should try that..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008 11:38:43 AM »

When I had my back done I wore a halter neck/low backed vest but nobody would've batted an eyelid if I had been topless.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
missmoppet
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008 12:05:50 PM »

I have my whole back done.  And, I wore a swim suit top under my shirt.  But, the tattooist actually gave me one of thier button up shirts that they wear when they tattoo.  So I took off my shirt & swim suit top, then put the button up shirt on back wards.  (So it buttoned up in the back.)   And he tattooed me like that.  Very professinal and relaxed.  Covered my front good and left my back uncovered for the tattoo work
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
meepum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008 12:59:56 PM »

they see so many naked people, they aren't even looking at you. it's like going to the doctor, believe me...

Ok ok.

When I had my back done I wore a halter neck/low backed vest but nobody would've batted an eyelid if I had been topless.

If they're going to make me take off any top anyway...

I have my whole back done.  And, I wore a swim suit top under my shirt.  But, the tattooist actually gave me one of thier button up shirts that they wear when they tattoo.  So I took off my shirt & swim suit top, then put the button up shirt on back wards.  (So it buttoned up in the back.)   And he tattooed me like that.  Very professinal and relaxed.  Covered my front good and left my back uncovered for the tattoo work

ok so I'll just let it be then Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SassetteOPants

Equal parts sugar and salt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008 01:34:13 PM »

I have my whole back tattooed.  I just tied a sarong around myself, with the knot at my neck.  Covered everything I wanted covered, but made it easy for my artist to work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...so believe when I say Im no better than you, except when I craft so I guess it aint true.

Insinuendos.etsy.co m
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create an Unbroken Horizon Part 1/2
Difference Between Setting the Stage and Telling a Story
How to Use a 50 mm Lens
How to Understand color Theory
How to Develop a Rapport with the Subject
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...