A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,578
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: lots and lots of tote/shopping/carrier bags  (Read 8127 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SnapsAndDrangons
Snaps And Dragons

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2008 08:57:10 PM »

you can also get compost bags to put your garbage in, i know here you can get them from any groc. store
 but the bags are awesome... i have some that you can zipper into a small square
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pay no attention to me dancing with my girl, we have every intention of being failures in this world.

My Small Wists  http://wists.com/sarahelizroberts
stitch and stones
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2008 10:45:25 PM »

Because of this post I made my first reuseable bag tonight... and I'm not even a sewer! I am in love with it, even though it is dreadfully ugly. I plan to make tons more too, and encourage others to do the same. Thanks for the inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap hungry- send me a yummy PM.

http://www.pinterest.com/amberburrr/

although imperfect, love is real, and it is balled up next to you smiling and rubbing sleep from its eyes. -the raintree
FrogPuddle
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2008 11:41:54 PM »

Those are really great! i would do that but i need my plastic bags as i have a large dog (poop scooping! fun!) Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2008 11:53:56 PM »

My computer just died and I lost my Favourites, but one I had saved showed how to make pots for seedlings from newspaper. All I could find were small ones, but by using the whole sheet, you could make liners for smaller bins anyway. Or the bins themselves if you are so inclined.

http://www.geocities.com/newspaperpots/

http://www.mygreengarden.ca/seedstartingboxes.html
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008 01:49:36 AM by Sansa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

scary_mary
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2008 01:41:40 AM »

They look great!

I love morsebags! I have made a few myself.

Are they just lightweight cotton? I tend to use furnishing fabrics for mine but have  been given lots of cotton fabric and wasn't sure if it would be strong enough for a tote bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Polster
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2008 06:42:22 AM »

Hey dink, thanks so much for posting this and your bags are BEAUTIFUL! - here are some morsbags I've made which have been really fun: http://www.morsbags.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=223&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

and morsbaggers have now made over 13,000 worldwide which potentially replaces over 6.5 million plastic bags!  Smiley so if someone from here feels like setting up a Craftster pod so that more bags can be added to the tally, that'd be brilliant!  Smiley

As for strength of the bags, I've been using mine for well over a year now, filling it with heavy things like wine bottles etc and they were only made from old duvet covers and I haven't sprung a leak yet! Don't forget to label them so that your morsbags aren't naked so that when you give them away the recipient can look the site up and hopefully join in and make some too...

happy bagging x
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008 06:44:28 AM by Polster » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Flowers and Lemons
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2008 07:02:47 AM »

Wow, thats a lot of bags. I love the fabrics very much. The reason I still use plastic bags, is that I use them for my garbage.. And I allmost never 'plan' to go shopping. But when I'll have to go shopping for myself, I'll take a fabric bag with me. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kimmasaurus
...and up comes the toolbar. that's what she said.

do you think this is referring to your boning jan?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2008 09:20:55 AM »

i have about 6 of those giant bags from Ikea, and i use them for groceries &the most random things from time to time, and i have a few smaller totes for the "handibasket" trips to the market...  BUT!  this post has inspired me to use a few of the plastic bags that i already have laying around to be outfitted with schnazzy fabric and make 'em be permanent trashcan-liners!  there's nothing like looking into a see-thru wire mesh basket and seeing "thanks for shopping!" and it always irritated me!  but nowwwwwwwwwwww, i will use those baggies and pretty fabrics i've got all over the place to make trash less ugly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

radiationbaby
Lady Marmalade, the Duchess of Spreadable Treats

Crafty McCraftypants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2008 11:05:26 AM »

Awesome fabrics!  I don't live on my own yet, so I never have a reason to go shopping, but when I do I'll whip up a few of these puppies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, it's just kittens.

I want to leave this world the way I came into it:  naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

Mah Wists
http://www.wists.com/stardust_wings
guineverefree

I love happy endings, they are so rare. - Aro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2008 11:12:44 AM »

I've been looking for a simple bag pattern. I love this one and will have to give it a try!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nacho Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Cooking Turkey With a 5,000 Year Old Recipe in Santa Fe
How to Make Mouth-Watering Memorial Day Burgers
Perfect Picnic Rosemary Potato Salad Recipe
How to Grill Up a Tasty Turkey Bruschetta Burger
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...