A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby/Toddler Hat Swap Sign up before Feb 18th!!!  (Read 10981 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ScrappinFool
Crafty Goddess

the fruits of a crafty nirvana...

View Profile WWW
« on: January 19, 2005 07:00:31 PM »

Swap name: Baby/Toddler Hat Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Scrappinfool
Sign-up date range: Sign up before February 18th, 2005
Date to send item by: no later than April 22nd, 2005

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No, just as long as there is an even number of participants so you can be paired.

Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes, but you will need to make sure you figure mailing time so that your swap items are to your partner no later than the 22nd of April.

All ages allowed? Or 18+? 16+

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate:
YES

Organizer has been a member for at least 1 month and will
make sure that every participant has been a member for
at least 1 month
: YES

Details of swap: Make 2 baby/toddler hats (one winter, one summer) get 2 back.  They can be sewn, knitted, crocheted, etc.  You will each have a partner that you will trade with.  Once you are paired up, you can find out the size you will need to make from your partner.  You will have 2 mobths to finish your hats and then mail them off to your partner.  You must put tracking on your package and send me the tracking number so i know who has sent out their swaps and who hasn't.  Feel free to give the tracking number to your partner as well.    Once swaps are completed please post the hats!  This isn't required though.  Hope we all have fun!  If you have any questions please PM me at scrappinfool.
Also remember, you must be a member for a month before you can join this swap, so if you became a member after Jan. 18th, you will not be allowed to join this swap (per the craftster.org swap rules)

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005 07:02:13 PM by ScrappinFool » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty Goddess
DukesBean
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005 05:49:08 PM »

i'd love to joinyour swap. i will have been here a month by the time you have the closeing date but if i wait till then, i know i will forget. so if it's okay    i will send my info now to you and start on the projects now. is that okay? or do i really have to wait to post till then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScrappinFool
Crafty Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005 01:44:59 PM »

i'd love to joinyour swap. i will have been here a month by the time you have the closeing date but if i wait till then, i know i will forget. so if it's okay    i will send my info now to you and start on the projects now. is that okay? or do i really have to wait to post till then.

Well you can join now, you just wont get a partner till the end of the sign up period.. which means technically, you can't fully start yet, because you wont know what size hat to make (a 0-6 month hat wont fit on a 12 month old!  Cheesy )  I will make sure everyone has a partner by Feb 18th, so you'll get a reminder when you get your partner's name.  (1 month + members will be paired up when there is enough to make a pair...was that in english lol?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty Goddess
ScrappinFool
Crafty Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005 10:04:37 AM »

This swap sign up is now closed!!  Thanks for joining!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty Goddess
DukesBean
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005 01:12:27 PM »

have you gotten things together yet? just really wanting to start.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScrappinFool
Crafty Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005 03:05:13 PM »

Dukes bean.. um, I guess there was some miscommunication.  You didn't sign up for the swap.  You asked if you could, but then never sent me your information.  The swap is closed now and everyone has been matched up.  I'm really sorry Sad  If this swap is a success, I might do another one.  I'll let you know if there is another swap available.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty Goddess
ScrappinFool
Crafty Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005 03:06:39 PM »

Hey everyone, how are things going with your hats?  Have you started yet?  I have an idea for one of the hats and i'm going to get the yarn this weekend, and I THINK i know what I want to do for the other hat, and plan to buy the fabric this weekend also! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty Goddess
planet5
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005 04:28:04 PM »

I just bought my "supplies" - intentionally vague to keep the surprise  Wink - yesterday and got started last night. I'm especially lucky because I have two little ones to craft for. My partner left it up to me, so I'm going to make one hat for each of them. I can't wait to see everyone's finished hats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In this place it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place.
Blog: http://buzzville.typepad.com/
memphis mama
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005 09:51:05 PM »

I have already started on my hats, and can't wait to see everyone else's!  This is my first swap, so I am really excited! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScrappinFool
Crafty Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005 11:40:33 PM »

I have already started on my hats, and can't wait to see everyone else's!  This is my first swap, so I am really excited! Grin

I'm especially excited to see the ones your making Wink That could be because you're my partner lol, but hey!
I definately like surprises though, so if you post a pic of the hats on the board, start it with a spoiler warning lol. I don't want to see what it looks like till I get them!   I'll post my creations after you've recieved them Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty Goddess
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Final Cut Pro 6: Two of the same Filters! Why?
Motion 3: Advanced Project Example
Motion 3: Optical Flow Retiming Demo
Motion 3: Learning the Interface
Final Cut Pro 6: C.O.P.S Face Blur Effect
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...