A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
327 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone know of a Lewiscraft equivalent in Saskatoon?  (Read 2526 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Raine_Dementia
« on: March 01, 2008 10:23:36 AM »

With the death of Lewiscraft, may it live on in our hearts, it seems there are no more "small" craft stores in town. There are sewing supply stores and art supply stores, but nowhere with the same variety Lewiscraft would get in. Well, aside from Michaels. Does anyone know any cool small shops in town? I've heard Art Placement before, but I was under the impression it was just art supplies..?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you want rainbows, you must learn to live with the rain.
dessadoll
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008 06:39:10 PM »

It really all depends on what kind of craft supply you are looking for.  If you want wools, there is the Wool Imporium on 8th st.  Or Periwinkles is on 8th st for fabric, doll/bear joints, quiliting.  They even have some fibers for doll hair, or hair for polymer clay figures.  If you want stuff for painting there is always Colours, that is right down town next to Fandango.  Let me know what kind of stuff you are looking for, and I'll let you know if I find anything that relates to it. 
Hope this helps. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Raine_Dementia
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008 08:20:41 PM »

Colours is lovely, I've been there before. I haven't been to periwinkles though, just fabricland. Really what I love the most are oddball supplies, like really interesting pieces of lace for chokers, beading supplies and weird shit like they have at the bead hive (I love that place, though the stuff I want is usually the most expensive stuff there.) Anything for sculpting or origami.. I don't think anywhere here sells origami paper. They have kits at Mcnally Robinson, but that's it. Good places for making stuff from found objects, like the kinds of things you see used in steampunk props and whatnot, would also be cool. It's too bad the antique mall I used to visit here is gone now.. it always had weird things to look at.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you want rainbows, you must learn to live with the rain.
dessadoll
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008 01:37:27 PM »

Dollarama actually sells origami paper.  I think there is about 80 sheets in a pack for a dollar.  My daughter loves it.  A good place to find odd ball things for steampunk is actually Princess Auto as funny as that sounds.  I walk down every isle and find at least 6 things that I want to make....too bad I don't have more time in a day.  They have things that only a mechanic or a crafter would appreciate.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sketch a Mouth
How to Rank Comic Books
How to Sketch Eyes
How to Draw Winged Hearts
How to Draw Graffiti Names
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...