A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 109
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Discussion - Round 33 Discussion Starts on Page 54  (Read 44525 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AsphaltQueen
« on: February 29, 2008 07:58:06 PM »

Link to sign-ups for current round - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=230841.0

I'll keep an eye on everyone's wishlists as they post 'em and will offer suggestions, but please feel free to pm me your list at any time if you'd like me to review it. And if you have concerns about someone else's list or claims being made, please pm me and Twiztidblood your specific concerns and we'll address it immediately.

Let's keep all the wonderful chat here for the new round of OWS - I think it's going to be a spectacular round!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008 07:22:23 AM by AsphaltQueen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TwiztidBlood
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008 08:14:05 PM »

glad to have a discussion Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
kitschkween
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008 08:20:26 PM »

woohoo! 32!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nofury

With every breath of honesty, I strip before you.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008 08:23:47 PM »

woohoo! 32!

I agree WHOOOHOOO!

I love this swap! I'm still waiting to receive/waiting to mail (tomorrow!) a couple of things for 31, but it was AMAZING! I received some amazing fabric and a breath-taking wristlet that must have taken hours to create!!!

It's so fun to learn new things crafting for others!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2009! 26/50
Flickr!
Wist!
"We are all trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why." --K. Vonnegut
igobylorib
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008 08:52:48 PM »

I am sooooooooooooo excited about round 32, especially because of the new rules that have been added. I was wondering if you can post some things that would not be allowed to be posted in your wish list. I just want to make sure I understand correctly. I collect thimbles, is that allowed to be on my list or not?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http//:www.wists.com/igobylorib

I'm making a craftster quilt using the Bright Hopes block. Wanna swap a block?
Lilyvanilli
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008 08:57:03 PM »

At the bottom of the start-up post it says TwiztidBlood will be in charge of sendouts, etc., and AsphaltQueen will be in charge of the discussion. Should we still PM both organizers when we send and receive, or just Twiz?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008 09:15:25 PM »

I'm going to join within the next day or 2, probably...I think I have the same question as igobylorib, but I'm just phrasing it differently: We have the categories "Crafts," "Craft Supplies" and "Extras" for the wishlists; what qualifies as "Extras" if non-crafty stuff isn't allowed? Would it be just for things that we use in our crafts that aren't marketed as "craft supplies" or sold in craft stores, like ephemera for mixed-media artists and old saris for spinning?

And is it okay to put the link to my wists and amazon.com wishlist in my list, even though not everything within them is crafty? I could delete all the non-craft books in my amazon wishlist if that would help.

Sorry for the question overload! I just don't want to misbehave or be ignorant of OWS-law.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
nofury

With every breath of honesty, I strip before you.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008 09:29:58 PM »

I'm going to join within the next day or 2, probably...I think I have the same question as igobylorib, but I'm just phrasing it differently: We have the categories "Crafts," "Craft Supplies" and "Extras" for the wishlists; what qualifies as "Extras" if non-crafty stuff isn't allowed? Would it be just for things that we use in our crafts that aren't marketed as "craft supplies" or sold in craft stores, like ephemera for mixed-media artists and old saris for spinning?

And is it okay to put the link to my wists and amazon.com wishlist in my list, even though not everything within them is crafty? I could delete all the non-craft books in my amazon wishlist if that would help.

Sorry for the question overload! I just don't want to misbehave or be ignorant of OWS-law.  Smiley

All really good questions! I'm a little nervous about unintentionally violating one of the rules!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2009! 26/50
Flickr!
Wist!
"We are all trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why." --K. Vonnegut
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008 09:36:54 PM »

Twiz is making some new blankies for her kitties, so I'll post my thoughts here and she can confirm or deny after she gets her crafty-goodness fix. Smiley

I collect thimbles, is that allowed to be on my list or not?
I would say yes, since thimbles are an item that can be used when crafting.

Should we still PM both organizers when we send and receive, or just Twiz?
I'd prefer that you pm both of us, since I'll take over in case Twiz isn't able to (god forbid). It would just make any transition easier if I have the pms to look over.

...what qualifies as "Extras" if non-crafty stuff isn't allowed? Would it be just for things that we use in our crafts that aren't marketed as "craft supplies" or sold in craft stores, like ephemera for mixed-media artists and old saris for spinning?

My understanding is that "extras" are things that you might like to receive in a package, but they don't count towards the value ("medium") of the package. So you could put "any non-u.s. candy" in your extras section and if someone outside of the u.s. claims you, they could toss in some local candies - it just wouldn't count towards their goal of a "medium" package.

Epherma would be considered craft supplies - basically, if it's something you actually craft with, you can list it under craft supplies. Live in Iceland and they don't have freezer paper, but you use it for stenciling? List it under supplies and put a note what you'll be using it for. Need some of those heart candies for some resin coasters? List it under supplies, again with a note what you plan to use it for. If I (or Twiz) notice anything on lists that is questionable, we'll make sure to clarify it with the lister and help them decide where it needs to be listed.

Definitely include your wists, and I wouldn't bother deleting non-crafty items. People will just need to use their judgement as to if something is a crafted item or craft related. If we run into any problems, we'll address them on a case-by-case basis, but I think we should be okay.

Thanks for all the questions, I know it'll help to make this a terrific round for everyone! And if you've got a question, please don't hesitate to post it here - if you're wondering, I know someone else is! And don't forget, these updates to the swap are kind of a work-in-progress, so we're always open to swappers' opinions on the new changes!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008 09:38:06 PM by AsphaltQueen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TwiztidBlood
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008 10:22:44 PM »

Im back! haha
Jeez tieing those little knots on the fleece is time comsuming!

AsphaltQueen answered everything great and said things just the way I would, So Id just like to back her up and agree.

The things were kind of leaning towards as something that shouldnt be a main swap package to someone is things like...
Household cleaning supplies
Gift certificates to non craft related stores
Telephones
A cd you plan on listening to, not crafting on it
and things of the sort

( pulled out of my butt up there )

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 109 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Thai Red Curry Fish Cakes
How to Prepare Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
How to Prepare Chicken with Figs and Lemon
How to Prepare a Salmon Nigiri Sushi
How to Cook Chilli and Ginger Chutney
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...