A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 32 Gallery  (Read 33529 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mountaingrrl
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008 09:17:07 AM »

Everything so far is so nice! Those stitch markers make me wish I needed them...you knitters/crocheters and your crazy ways Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008 02:58:29 PM »

I received today, from mountaingrrl!!  ok, so she picked me for a f*ckit bucket, which I really figured I needed, mostly because i don't cuss much, having a kid here, but if i don't learn how, i'm gonna explode!!

so i get this box, with a card, and the envelope says "read me first or last.... it doesn't <F>ing matter"

LOL, ok, i can tell this is going to be fun!

so i start reading the card (which i thought was the funniest part of all)

and i got...

well, the <F>it bucket, with removeable labels, in case i bluch too much (mostly i was laughing really hard)

some "meanie bags", appropriate for hurling at the walls.  they can be heated in the microwave and used as mini heating pads.  AND, if the sewing fails, they're easily vacuumed....

and they say things like "cheese and rice" (my son's favorite saying), "eat <S> and die", "suck it", "dumbass... need i say more?", "do i look like i give a crap?", and "hands are for knitting not for hitting"

then, there was a bracelet featuring words to get me started cursing.  i'm to feel free to wear it around my ex.
a chicken that lays bubble gum eggs.
and kleenex, in case i need a cry

then... there's a tank kit, for days when i feel like i need an army.
a magnet, that says "age is an issue of mind over matter.  if you don't mind, it doesn't matter"
a martha stewart speedy recipe book, "although that bitch doesn't know anything if she thinks 45 minutes is speedy"

nope, not done yet!

a booklet of moda dea patterns
a plastic canvas kit "it's ridiculously east, fast and if you like them it seem like the elderly are all about plastic canvas"
some flower lollipops (i LOVE twinkle pops!!)

assorted candy and chocolate (i had to take back the B&R ones from my son who pretended to not know how they followed him into his room)

and last, but not least (actually the description was a riot)
"lemonade mix - when life gives you crap, just be glad you have lemonade mix, because life has never given me lemons and i'm not drinking crap tea"

mountaingrrl - thank you so much.  today really wasn't a great day, then i got tortured at PT, and then came home to this box that made me laugh till I cried. 

someone needs to spoil mountaingrrl.... big time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
hokiekate
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008 03:56:42 PM »

I received my package from AsphaltQueen and I am feeling so, so spoiled.  She was supposed to send me note cards and felt (so I can possibly make some felt food).  And, well, she did that, but the quantity (and quality) she sent was amazing.  I mean, look at all that felt!!

Check it out:

And here is a close up of all the fabulous cards:

Thank you so much, AsphaltQueen!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nofury

With every breath of honesty, I strip before you.

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008 07:37:02 PM »

kitschkween has received but hasn't posted pics yet. I was really proud of my package, so I will! I hope she liked everything!

First I claimed her for some custom stencils. She sent 5 images. I was able to do four of them. I didn't have material large enough for the last one. Sad

Here's the elephant and blade:

These are my faves! Bowl of noodles and a fortune cookie! The cookie was VERY difficult because of all the islands and took a LONG time!

I also sent her the positives for the elephant and rice bowl so she could do some reverses if she wanted:

I noticed on her profile (I think!!!) that she wanted to learn how to create her own stencils, so I sent her some blanks to practice on along with some freezer paper. I cut the latter into 8.5 x 11 size sheets so she could feed them through her printer. Makes it easier. Wink :

I also claimed her for "anything argyle." This was fun, and much less painful. You can take alot of skin off your hands while cutting stencils!!!

First was....a first! I've never done any color changing in crocheting except for stripes. I learned a new technique!!! I wanted to keep it SO badly! I love argyle!

Forgive the photo. This is the one that taught me to make SURE I have a good pic before mailing!!!

I also made her a wooden pendant. Sanded, stained, decoupaged, shrink plastic, wire.... Hope she likes!

Again, not a great photo, but....

Close up of the personalization:

The paper had a sheen to it that I really liked.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2009! 26/50
Flickr!
Wist!
"We are all trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why." --K. Vonnegut
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008 09:17:21 PM »

Those are beautiful stencils, nofury, they look so professional! So I guess these can be used for anything you want to stencil? Fabric, etc? Just trying to figure out the possibilities for an addition to my wishlist.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008 09:17:52 PM by AsphaltQueen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nofury

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008 09:39:10 PM »

Those are beautiful stencils, nofury, they look so professional! So I guess these can be used for anything you want to stencil? Fabric, etc? Just trying to figure out the possibilities for an addition to my wishlist.  Roll Eyes

They're carved from the plastic stencil medium, so I imagine they can be used for anything. Before I discovered (AKA learned on craftster....) the wonder of freezer paper, I used these on fabric. I have some temporary spray adhesive that I purchased accidentally (was going for the real stuff!). It helps hold the stencils on and control bleeds. Freezer paper is cleaner but limited as far as number of uses. These are a pain to cut out though. My arms always hurt afterwards. Not to mention the gashes!!! lol Sad

I really hope she likes them and it able to get some good use out of them. I hope she posts what she makes! That would be awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Flickr!
Wist!
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008 09:41:48 PM »

I received from Calluna on monday, special delivery! Her parents dropped off the package at my house, since she lives in Bakersfield but grew up near here. So i felt special! Grin
anywho, she claimed me for felt, retro aprons, and a bunch of random stuff.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
nofury

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2008 09:46:45 PM »

Speaking of felt! If anyone is interested in some green felt, I have ALOT! Put it on your list, and I'll grab ya when I have a claim again, or PM me and we'll work something out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Flickr!
Wist!
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2008 11:28:40 PM »

OK I totally need that elephant stencil and the bowl of noodles!!!

and I honestly giggled my rear off at "cockwhore"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
mountaingrrl
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008 06:49:49 AM »

Wow! I love the fortune cookie stencil and those aprons are awesome! Everything is so wonderful!

Oh, and "cockwhore" was a suggestion from my husband for the bracelet. We had such a fun time putting together such an irreverent swap package!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008 02:07:09 PM by mountaingrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Watercolor Painting: Preserving Whites
How to Paint Skies with Watercolors
Watercolor Painting Basics
Watercolor Painting: How to Paint Blacks
How to Paint Flowers with Watercolors
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...