A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
501 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Queen of hearts bikini, sans hearts  (Read 1723 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mysoldiergirl
« on: February 29, 2008 10:26:40 AM »

So I bought Stitch n Bitch after deciding I was going to graduate from knitting to purling and all the rest. After mastering (or so I think) the techniques, I thought I'd shoot for the Queen of hearts bikini top. But for some reason, it turned out like this:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v175/tenfoot/?action=view&current=bikini.jpg

The string coming out of the top leads to the ball of yarn... that's where I'm supposed to crochet the strap?Huh It's pretty obvious I did something wrong, but I don't know what. Is it because I left out the hearts? I didn't understand that part of the pattern (nor did I want hearts on my nipples). Help? How do I get from manta ray to bikini cup?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008 10:27:36 AM by mysoldiergirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
knusperflakes
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008 06:07:38 AM »

I'm not exactly a knitting doctor (or expert) but, leaving out the hearts shouldn't do that. I knitted the exact same bikini this summer (sans hearts) and it turned out fine.
The only advice I can really offer is to give it another go, and see if you can catch your mistake that you made.
Good luck!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I have prepared one of my own timecapsules. I have placed some rather large samples of dynamite, gunpowder, and nitroglycerin. My time capsule is set to go off in the year 3000. It will show them what we are really like."
-Alfred Hitchcock
Uniqueworn
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008 10:25:15 PM »

how wearable is the finished bikini? i also have stitch and bitch, and my man friend loves knit type bikinis, but i am apprehensive about investing work into something i will never wear.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yaaaaay!
knusperflakes
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008 07:46:43 AM »

I would say that it's pretty wearable. I made one for my sister.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I have prepared one of my own timecapsules. I have placed some rather large samples of dynamite, gunpowder, and nitroglycerin. My time capsule is set to go off in the year 3000. It will show them what we are really like."
-Alfred Hitchcock
sleepykins
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008 04:04:51 PM »

I did the same thing when I knit mine... I thought I'd skip over the heart, and ended up skipping over that ever so important part of the pattern where they tell you to knit/purl something like 26 rows.... You should have a fat base of rows at the bottom before you start the middle decreases.

Is this clear? Let me know if I explained it right.

Don't despair - It's so cute and super worth the effort!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spring Trend Report: Loafers
Spring Trend Report: Styling Denim Jackets
Spring Trend Report: Camo Whammo
Palmer//Harding Spring 2014 Menswear
Umit Benan Spring 2014 Menswear
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...