A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 307,944
Currently Running With Scissors:
260 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Leap Year Fiber Friday 2/29/08  (Read 7390 times)
Tags for this thread: fiber_friday  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

grayling40
« on: February 29, 2008 05:25:56 AM »

Happy Friday! Here's what I've been working on this week:

"Beachfront Property"

"Grass Huts"

Can't wait to see some more! Have a great weekend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saule - Design That Shines
http://sauleshine.etsy.com
radiationbaby
Lady Marmalade, the Duchess of Spreadable Treats

doing it all, doing it badly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008 05:57:32 AM »

Wow, those are gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, it's just kittens.

I want to leave this world the way I came into it:  naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.
inle_rah
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008 06:01:49 AM »

grayling40, those are absolutely gorgeous.  I love "beachfront property".

I finally finished my Heat Wave "sock" yarn, though it came out a little thicker than I intended, I still am looking forward to making myself some socks:

Totaled about 8 oz, and somewhere around 750 yards.  Woo-hoo!

I also have a couple of mini skeins this week, from leftover bits of yarn that I spun up as samples.

Moody:

Approx 1 oz, and 80 yards.

Forest

about .75 oz and 40 yards
THIS ROCKS   Logged

about me
my wists
Ravelry
My Etsy
Personal swaps?  Yes, please.
jazzturtle
Every breath is Healing...

Life is better with jazz!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008 06:06:01 AM »

Only have a few this week to share..  was in Chicago all weekend doing wedding stuff.   We got a lot done.. but boy did I miss my girl!!  I came home and dove into my stash!!!

My first is another Lexi Boeger, Intertwined inspired yarn.  It's my first attempt at "wrapping"  The batt is a scrap batt, from Funky Carolina, with merino, soysilk, bfl, glitz and more..   I wrapped the yarn with a white cotton thread.

It's called Carnival
about 3 oz
I'm unsure of yardage because I'm setting the twist now..

The next two I'm going to use together to crochet a shawl for the art gallery.  I think it's going to be fantastic.  They both come from batts by Terrabellaspun.etsy. They are spun thick/thin for texture
3 oz each, but as I'm setting the twist now, I'm unsure of yardage..

Precious Metal
Merino, white glitz, gold tussah silk

All Dressed Up
Superwash wool, gold tussah silk, gold glitz

On the wheel now...

A pretty bamboo/merino/silk/firestar batt by copperpot.etsy in beautiful blues and purples.. with random loose cotswold locks (by the lovely miss HollyEQQ of course) in blues and purples as well, spun in for texture.

Happy leap year everyone!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008 06:19:34 AM by jazzturtle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop-  Lots of Handspun yarn and Fun Fiber Batts!
http://Jazzturtle.etsy.com

Ravelry Group:
http://www.ravelry.com/groups/jazzturtle-creates

Flickr photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jazzturtle/

My thoughts and processes..
http://jazzturtlecreations.blogspot.com
Lufahsman
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008 06:47:31 AM »

I've got one for the week so far.  I have another that needs plied, so maybe I'll post that later if I get it done. Smiley

Indigo dyed superwash from Earthly Hues is the blue and white ply. The other is from River's Edge Weaving Studio. It's 80 BFL/10 Merino/ 1 Tencel / 9 Kid Mohair.

68yds 3 3/8oz

jazzturtle - I really like carnival.  I may have to try that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A very silly place...
http://yarnzombie.net/Travis
LindsayLuu
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008 06:49:23 AM »

Very nice yarns so far, I'm especially loving all dressed up. 

I'm excited to post today, I keep missing fiber friday.  I only have one to show you, but my wheel should be arriving any minute, so you'll just have to wait a bit for my next fabulousness. 

about 100 yards, heavy worsted/bulky weight, all wool.  Called "ruby sherbet twist"

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LindsayLuu
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008 06:51:39 AM »

wow, I just realized that is a terrible photo.  maybe I should retake it..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Flowers and Lemons
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008 06:57:15 AM »

I love all your yarns. Like every week. The colours are stunning!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RepoRebo
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008 07:10:27 AM »

Jazzturtle, I love the wrapped yarn! I haven't had much luck with that technique yet. I need to figure out a way to keep the thread tensioned without tangling...letting it feed off the spool has just resulted in tangles for me.

This week I washed up and photographed some skeinlets that I've been collecting over time. I think they make nice sets!

Four hand-carded and hand-dyed skeins.

And here are two skeins, one with cocoons of wool, mohair and sparkle--another technique from Intertwined by Lexi Boeger. The other is wool, mohair, and bamboo, also from handcarded batts.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

luxx

Used to be one of the rotten ones

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008 07:38:24 AM »

Hey all,

I only have one mini skein this week. My tendonitis is flaring up and I have sooo much to do. This weeks skein was just a tester to try out my new carder. The carder is about a million years old, but the price was right. I named her Gertie.

I also named this mini skein Gertie - Random miss mash of whatever I had laying around. Green, white, blue, grey, and white. Navijo plied.

Here is a sneak peak at my brothers birthday gift. It's Yorwick from knitty.com.(will be felted)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

tweet me!
luxfish on twitter
I'm drinking water through my eyes, it's a trick I learned
www.luxfish.etsy.com
Chillin' so hard my ass almost froze off
jazzturtle
Every breath is Healing...

Life is better with jazz!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008 07:59:58 AM »

Jazzturtle, I love the wrapped yarn! I haven't had much luck with that technique yet. I need to figure out a way to keep the thread tensioned without tangling...letting it feed off the spool has just resulted in tangles for me.

Thanks!  It was a lot of fun.. and I like it way more than I thought I would!!  I can't wait to try it again!!  I used a cone of white cotton thread I usually use with my serger.  I didn't actually use any real tension.. like I will when I try the candy striping technique..   I just spun a single like I usually do, and let the thread just wrap around it, near the oriface.  There's some spots where the wrap jumps around.. and some where it "candy stripes"   I think the key is I had a nice heavy spool (cone) that didn't snag the thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop-  Lots of Handspun yarn and Fun Fiber Batts!
http://Jazzturtle.etsy.com

Ravelry Group:
http://www.ravelry.com/groups/jazzturtle-creates

Flickr photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jazzturtle/

My thoughts and processes..
http://jazzturtlecreations.blogspot.com
sundaybrunch
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2008 08:26:57 AM »

I've been lurking on Fiber Friday for a long time, admiring everyone's beautiful yarns, and finally have the courage to post my own! I'm pretty new to spinning and I've made some bumpy singles before this, but these are my first plied and first full skeins. All spun on drop spindle.

The first: acid-dyed Romney wool. I hated the roving after I dyed it, but decided to spin it anyway for practice. I like the way it spun up after all, so I call it "serendipity". It's 100 g, I didn't measure it. It varies between DK and bulky weight.

The second: I had no idea that cotton was really really hard to spin, so I bought some pre-dyed at my LYS - it was a nightmare. I couldn't draft it at all. Finally I just split the roving (or whatever you call it - still unsure of the terminology) into thin strips and spun it without drafting at all. I then plied it with gold thread and added some red seed beads in (though you can't see them in the pic). I like the way it finally turned out but NO MORE COTTON. Unweighed and measured, varies from lace weight to super extra bulky! ugggh. "Embers"

The third and most recent: Kool Aid dyed Lincoln wool, 115 yards and 100 g. DK to worsted weight. This one is the most even I've spun yet. The colours came out way brighter than I was expecting!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

quietly lurking...
nefertari

Egyptomaniac ... that's me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008 08:42:15 AM »

Nice yarns, as usual, everybody!

Here are my first two on my new drop spindle (from shetland wool):

Just a few yards for practice. Didn't set the twist or anything.

First try at dying and plying. I don't really love the color ... I used 2 orange koolaid packets and one strawberry, and I expected this to be a little more orange. I don't think I would wear this color. Oh well. But I was pretty excited about the navajo plying, even though it really shortened the yarn! It took awhile to figure out how to blend the bumps in.

And here it is knit up. There's only about 25 yards, so I'm not sure what I can make with it! Suggestions are welcome.

Sorry for the crappy pictures ... I let my husband take the camera with him, so I'm using the webcam.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My flickr photos
Zoesmaman
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008 08:45:29 AM »

I just got my new Lendrum wheel this week, so Ihould have something decent to show off next friday! You guys have been such inspiration to me, I couldn't wait to get my hands on a wheel!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
astormorray
I love looms.

just spin the yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008 08:45:54 AM »

First try at dying and plying. I don't really love the color ... I used 2 orange koolaid packets and one strawberry, and I expected this to be a little more orange.

hee.  I love the color.  I'll have to give it a try.  I've been pretty much married to the green of two green apples and a lemonade, but one can only have so much green-yellow things.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cassiemarie
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008 09:18:54 AM »

I LOVE everyone's yarns this week, although my favorites have to be the glitzy ones, I love how they look with the black and white roving!
Here's my contribution for the week!

The first is a bulky skien of merino wool that I plied with orange wool.  I keep wanting to stuff my face into it because it is so soft.  Smiley

The second is a boucle yarn that I plied with white thread and added little bumps and coils to.  It reminds me of cheetos!

This last one reminds me of Mardi Gras.  It is 100% merino as well.

I cant wait to see the rest of the yarns this week!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kayla_Wte

Time to put yer big-girl panties on!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008 09:48:44 AM »

I only have one this week, because quite frankly, it's 8 oz and nearly 900 yards LOL!

I'm going to turn it into a sweater eventually:

The stats: 
8 oz
~900 yards fingering weight
4 skiens
100% merino 2 ply
Ruby Sunset
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog - Plied:
http://kaylaunicorn.blogspot.com

My Etsy:
http://plied.etsy.com

I sell and trade my handspun on Ravelry.  Username KaylaWte.  Add me!!!
Lufah
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008 10:05:30 AM »

Only one to show this week.  I'm calling it Lichens, it's what's for breakfast! 

It's two plies of different yarn I had started spinning and then got sick of, so I just plied them together to get them out of my life.  The olive is a corespun yarn, so the skein is pretty light for how much yarn is there - 80.5 yards; 3.25 ounces.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.yarnzombie.net - http://twitter.com/Yarnzombie
Flickr fun: http://www.flickr.com/photos/yarnzombie/
Photographyblog - http://www.craftbangboom.com/
My Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5363840
Will swap yarn/fiber/fabric for Polaroid/slide/120/weird film!  PM me
bperry042
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008 10:06:08 AM »

Yeah!! Fiber Friday.  This is my first fiber friday with wheel spun yarns.  There are a ton... tried to compile photos. 
I'm posting these in the order that they came of my wheel.  Oh... and all rovings are from Sheep Shed.  Some I dyed with Kool Aid.

I dyed this with Kool Aid in bright blue, lime green, and yellow.  Then plied it with natural colored roving.  It's a bit thick and thin and is probably a light bulky weight.
9.3 oz total.  Each skein is about 3oz.  30-40 yards each.

I dyed this with Kool Aid also.  In a rainbow of colors.  I wanted to get lots of yarn out of this, so I decided to do a second spool with purple, lime green, and natural colored stripes.  I plied the rainbow with the other stripe and got the huge skein.  I still had some rainbow left, so I plied it with natural colored.  I think I like the smaller one better... you can really see the rainbow of colors.
Larger Skein  4.2 oz.  72 yards.  Light bulky weight
Smaller Skein 1.6 oz.  36 yards.  Heavy worsted weight

This one was a surprise in my box from Sheep Shed.  (just love that company)  I spun this one up in thick and thin.  Then plied it with iridescent thread.  It's gorgeous... I'll be making something for my girls with this one.  Not sure what yet though.

4.1 oz.  92 yards.  Light Bulky to DK Weight

This is the green mill ends that Sheep Shed had available for a while.  I love this stuff.  It has a nice heather look to it.  I began to ply two strands together... when I noticed that I was spinning the wrong direction!!  I now have over 2oz of crazy spun yarn... not sure if I can do anything with it.

16 oz total.  Approx. 80 yards each skein....320 yards total (not counting crazy spun yarn)

Kool Aid dyed in sunset colors.  I think I'll call this one "Sunset"  This was my first Navajo Ply.

3 oz. 70 yards

This is super wash.  Green variations in yarn (seconds at sheep shed).  I've got over a pound of this stuff.  I just finished my first skein last night.  It's Navajo Plied.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laminathegreat
Queen of the Universe

Is not here.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008 10:11:29 AM »

I tried having these done last friday but the just didn't dry....... And the pictures aren't the best, I got one sick kid and one fussy baby. The fact that I'm even typing is a huge feat.....
2 moms in our playgroup are pregnant. The two said moms love to knit (as does most of the moms in our playgroup!) So they both get yarn from me!

This photo got a little washed out. It's mostly blue. Wool with some other fun stuff in in. 2 oz and about 116 yards,

Again, more wool. And some firestar thrown in. Because I love firestar. 8-) 2 oz and about 146 yards.
What's crazy is that mom number one just found out she's having a boy and mom number two is having a girl. No I didn't know when I started!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008 11:14:23 AM by laminathegreat » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LindsayLuu
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008 10:21:19 AM »

ooohhh, I love the Cheetos inspired yarn! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

icemelon
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008 10:37:48 AM »

Well I think this is my first time ever posting a finished yarn here! I figured it would be a good time to do it, on a leap year! Try something new right?  Wink

Well here is my contribution! I call it "Frolicking Hope" because the Llama this came from is named Hope!  Cheesy (Man I feel grown up naming my yarns!!!)

It's about 82 yards, I don't know weight.
It's single ply baby llama with a little bit of merino in there to give some  bits of color. The pink merino was dyed by me with food coloring. I got the baby llama raw, and since I haven't gotten my hand carders yet, I used plastic forks. More information can be found here
http://icemelon.blogspot.com/2008/02/as-promised-here-is-plastic-fork-hackle.html

Whew, first ever fiber friday post is over! That was exciting!! Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008 10:40:05 AM by icemelon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

icemelon
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008 10:43:41 AM »

Oh and inle_rah! Your Heat Wave sock yarn is amazing!

Also, cassiemarie, your Mardi Gras one definitley reminds me of Mardi Gras as well, i love those purples and greys with everything  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

caedara
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008 11:11:49 AM »

Oh that llama looks so fuzzy and soft! Welcome to fiber friday icemelon! Hope to see lots more of your finished yarns  Wink

I haven't posted here for a while myself. I recently moved house and just got internet at home set up again. So I'm slowly getting back into the online world.
I was on holiday last week and got quite a bit of spinning done  Cheesy

First up is Paintball - Falklandwool, Merinowool, cashmere and golden sparkle carded together with felted beads spun right in

Bloomer - Merino and Falklandwool, Wensleydale locks and handfelted flowers and beads

Whirlwind - handcarded Merino wool, camel, sparkle and felted beads

And Wildflowers - handdyed Falklandwool spun with lots of coils throughout

Happy leap year fiber friday everyone! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marajane01
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008 12:23:44 PM »

My first fiber Friday contribution! I think this is my most 'conservative' yarn yet! Tongue

100% merino, 178 yards, avg wpi=11

« Last Edit: February 29, 2008 12:25:12 PM by marajane01 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
NativeKnits
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2008 01:02:29 PM »

Here's mine for today.  It's called Royal.  Corridale 13 WPI 210 yards of yumm.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2296/2257820637_fd0ddd27b8.jpg?v=0
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011 11:46:32 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lisa
Native Knits
LUBEE
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2008 01:53:39 PM »

RepoBebo- wow!!!
i love all 6 of your yarns and love how you paired them!

Lufah-love the color combo

bperry042- congrats on the new wheel!
and wow you are really cranking out the yarn!!!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008 01:58:04 PM by LUBEE » THIS ROCKS   Logged

QueenOfThieves
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2008 01:58:44 PM »

Ahhh, I am SO excited! I FINALLY get to post something here! I went to Stitches West last weekend and bought some alpaca and a new drop spindle, dug out the wool I'd bought before, and got working.

I don't have any pictures of the before wool, but it's pretty obvious in some places what it looked like at first. I had some troubles drafting new fiber from the bunch, but got the hang of it after a while. Also plied it around itself, so it's really just one big strand (which was really hard to do!)

Close Up of the same yarn. The middle strand is what it should ideally look like all the way around.

This is the second attempt using the same wool. It looks much much better already as I've been getting the hang of it pretty quickly. Found a better way to ply it around itself, and here it is drying on the towel after the water bath to set the twist.

Here is one of the Alpaca wools I picked up at Stitches. So pretty!

And here it is all spun up and soaking in the water to set the twist.

The before shot of the Baby Alpaca wool.

The now dry hank all spun up. It's really really soft and once the other alpaca finished drying I plan on plying the two together.

Close up shot of the singles.

The two drop spindles I'm using. the one on the right is the one I bought at Stitches. The whorl is really small and makes it hard to spin on its own. The one on the left I made myself out of a dowel, rubber grommet, an old cd, and a hook. It works muuuuch better. It also has some more baby alpaca I'm working on already started on it.

A close-up of the alpaca currently on the spindle. I'm taking this one very slowly to see how fine I can make the yarn. So far it's working out incredibly well. A couple slubs here and there, but for the most part nearly flawless. The color is actually more like the other pictures.

Hope you all like it. And I plan on seeing you all next Friday, too! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LUBEE
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2008 02:02:53 PM »

I only have  one yarn this week but i have two batt!
Botanical Garden 132 yards

and now for the batts!
Focus on Teal and Late March

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ekioart
Queen of Procrastination

Working on it....No Really, I am......sorta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2008 02:53:38 PM »

Love all the yarns this week ^-^ I've got a large ammount of single sitting on my spindle to ply and I think I might do that tonight. It's always inspiring to see the new yarns for the week. Jump-starts me again ^-^

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm bringing sexy back, I think I dropped it somewhere between the donut shop and the Cheesecake Factory.

My etsy shop
http://Ekioart.etsy.com
My Wists!
http://www.wists.com/Ekioart
I blather on about stuff here.
http://ekioart.blogspot.com/
nicolassa

How do you like my lovely hat?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2008 03:17:09 PM »

Absolutely gorgeous yarns, everyone!!!!  And a huge welcome to all you Fiber Friday newbies!

Here are my contributions for the week...

Egg Hunt  A scrap yarn of spring colors.  Mostly merino, with some corrie and domestic wool...141 yards, 4.1 oz, bulky.

Zippedeedodah  Mr. Bluebird's on my shoulder!  Soft mystery wool and mohair, 76 yards, 3.9 oz, superbulky.

Dark Side of the Rainbow  'Cause I like rainbows.  Grin  85% superwash merino, 15% alpaca, 119 yards, 3.9 oz

Keep the gorgeous yarns comin'!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's me with some yarn on my head.

Etsyness:  http://WhirligigYarns.etsy.com

Bloggity:  http://whirligigyarns.blogspot.com
Marlana
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2008 03:44:55 PM »

I love everything this week!

Mine is called Day at the Beach.  It's 370yds of superwash wool and about 12wpi.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lufahsman
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2008 03:53:23 PM »

I finished up my other yarn today.

River's Edge Weaving Studio. It's 80 BFL/10 Merino/ 1 Tencel / 9 Kid Mohair. Is the blueish ply.

The other is 50/50 Alpaca/Brown Top (whatever that is). Nice brown and white tho. Smiley

83yds 4 3/8oz

THIS ROCKS   Logged

A very silly place...
http://yarnzombie.net/Travis
astryd
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2008 05:27:58 PM »

Sonoma Sky
100% BFL, 129 yards,  3.5 oz

Spring Explosion
100% BFL, 60 yards, 3.7 oz, plied with metallic thread, bulky/super bulky.

Artichoke - 2 skeins
100% superwash merino, 62 yards/75 yards, 4 oz, bulky
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008 05:43:57 PM by astryd » THIS ROCKS   Logged

HunterJumper33
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2008 05:30:50 PM »

i just love love love everything!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop Rosemary Lane Design: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RosemaryLaneDesign
cloudlover

I should be spinning...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2008 07:08:02 PM »

This week's project- part of a Copperpot Woolies batt- "Beyond the Realm" spun thick & thin, then plied with gold metallic thread that I had laying around.  My first plying attempt & second real yarn!  It turned out ok- I thought I had given the single enough twist, but not so- still turned out pretty "tame" in the end.  It didn't fall apart though, so it should still be knit-able.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2008 07:24:56 PM »

Another friday of suffering severe yarn lust.  I want to take sonoma sky home with me.  I really love that color combination.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leethal
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2008 09:37:18 PM »

woo!  love so many of these yarns!  friday is always so inspiring...  i especially love the great colors this week!  mmmmm colors!

i did a lot of spinning this week, all with wool dyed/carded by not me.  first, assorted fiber all dyed by insubordiknit.  this is berry garden:

and this was also dyed by insubordiknit and carded with sparkley bits, so i named it sparkle ocean:

and then i got a bunch of awesome batts from a swap with milky robot, and spun up two so far.  first, magical forest... cheesy name, but it's the best i could think of.  it's mostly green, with bits of pink and blue and purple and more, and i added some stripes of lighter green that i dyed, then i plied it with thread, experimenting with some coils and fun messy thread wrapping...

and last, muppet dreadlocks!  also from a milky robot batt, i love this one, the photos don't do it justice!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

leethal.net + leemeredith.com
Snowberrylime
Glued to the spinning wheel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2008 11:58:40 PM »

Nice to have you back, Caedara!

So many beautiful yarns this week!

Marlana, that is such a lovely skein.

Astryd, I love Sonoma sky, and as I dyed some roving last time in very similar colours I am hoping mine will turn out as well as this one!

Here are some new ones from me:

Candy, hand dyed Merino:

Arctic blue on the rocks:

I have spun so many more, but I cannot keep up with setting the twist, my least favourite part of spinning...

Veronika
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PegasusMarsters
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2008 12:59:33 AM »

I don't make my own yarn and everyones here is beautiful but I have to say that nicolassa your yarns REALLY Stood out. They're so beautiful. I especially love "dark side of the rainbow"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 stuffies, cute things and anything totally rad.

Add me on messenger if you wanna talk ^.^
the noodle princess

When you are the moon....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2008 09:49:28 AM »

I totally forgot to post yesterday!
I love sonoma sky and dark side of the rainbow.
Mine is called "spring showers"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
anneadeline
Crafty Scientist

GEEK on so many levels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2008 11:10:15 AM »

Guess what? I ordered a loom!  That urged me to get spinning so I'll have a ton of yarn to weave when it arrives.

So I give you Candyland, spun from roving dyed by Marion at Etsy.  It's 100 yards (actually 99, but close enough) and 2.7 oz.  I Navajo-plied it to keep the colors somewhat separate.  Love the effect, but it just eats up the yardage, Roll Eyes

It's been foggy all morning, so pardon the icky flash pic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Star217
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2008 12:23:09 PM »

So sorry I'm late to the party. My wheel is still broken so I broke out the spindle and spun up some 50/50 merino/tencel blend 29 wpi 300 yards 2 oz
"Moody Blues"

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3021/2302900760_a577c10f9e.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2261/2302904630_820046f2ef.jpg
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011 11:46:45 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Unable to leave good enough alone!
My Store
http://stickyfingers.etsy.com

My Blog
http://stickyfingerscrafts.blogspot.com
Lufah
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2008 04:23:43 PM »

Moody Blues is gorgeous!!!

anneadeline, congrats on the loom!  Weaving is awesome, it goes so quickly and you can really show off the handspun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.yarnzombie.net - http://twitter.com/Yarnzombie
Flickr fun: http://www.flickr.com/photos/yarnzombie/
Photographyblog - http://www.craftbangboom.com/
My Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5363840
Will swap yarn/fiber/fabric for Polaroid/slide/120/weird film!  PM me
anneadeline
Crafty Scientist

GEEK on so many levels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2008 04:34:51 PM »

Star217 - I hope you can get your wheel fixed soon and I love the look of Moody Blues.

Lufah - I'm looking forward to being able to weave especially for the quickness.  I have to stay with small projects for knitting due to how long it takes or else I lose interest. *glares at blue scarf sitting by the tv*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ekioart
Queen of Procrastination

Working on it....No Really, I am......sorta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2008 05:44:27 PM »

Ok I cannot wait until next week to share! I finished this up last night and have been carting it around with me all day. *laughs* I just want to snuggle with it!

Treasure Chest.
I plied it with beaded thread and then plied it back onto itself.

*No idea as to yardage, or weight. It's huge. most of the single was about the size of my index finger so double that since it's plied onto itself.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm bringing sexy back, I think I dropped it somewhere between the donut shop and the Cheesecake Factory.

My etsy shop
http://Ekioart.etsy.com
My Wists!
http://www.wists.com/Ekioart
I blather on about stuff here.
http://ekioart.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
OOOOOHKLAHOMA! Where the wind...
Tute Tuesday: Hand-Bound Book
A Little Birdie Told Me

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...