A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,383
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbies Only Swap Round 8 Gallery  (Read 10673 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008 09:06:45 AM »

I'm posting the pics of michelleames package from me in here, so they will be with all their swap brethren. You might have already seen them in the swap thread, but you know.

Group shot:

Detail on bag:

Detail on strap:

Bath salts in Marilyn container:

Scarf:

In person, the scarf is much more the color in the group shot. The color doesn't take a great picture; all the pics I took are weird colored too.
I'm so glad that she liked them!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
SummerGirlfriend
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008 04:13:27 PM »

Yahoo!  My partner, the darling Cabin Fever, and I have both received and opened.  Look at all this cool stuff!

The tea towels were inspired by my love of caffeine, and my dogs, Coffee and Mocha.  Cabin Fever, you've sooooo captured the essence of Mocha-ness with that orange flower button.  (Coffee is my avatar.  You can tell she's more reserved by nature.)

True swap love, right here, as my partner made me a custom toe-warmer suitable for wearing OVER a cast, can't wait to have the surgery now so I can try this out.  It's fleece-lined, so it should be extra toasty! My foot surgeon and his staff are going to love this!

Also toasty, my new favorite slippers!  Softest yarn ever, plus fleece-lined.  Love 'em.  Love the color, the fit, the stitch, love 'em.

Some Turks Knot coasters, suitable for smushing with a cup of coffee.  I am a multi-beverage at a time woman, so more cool coasters are always welcome.

And, finally, my faaaaaaavorite item -- some Elvis Costello stitch markers.  I love me some Elvis, and now I've got the craft-geek gear to really show it.

Cabin Fever -- Margie -- you are so awesome.  Thank you for everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"She looks like she washes her hair in streams and milks things..."  BB
hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008 04:31:16 PM »

I love those coasters. And the cast warmer is great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!

50 in 2011
10/50
BeagleMommy
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008 05:38:19 PM »

All the swaps look great!

I'm so glad grenouille78 liked her stuff. I got my package today and I LOVE everything! I'm new to this posting pictures thing so, lets see how it goes:
Before I opened it-
You'll notice that the inner package is wrapped, so even more suspense than I expected!

My beautiful frog box:

Everything all together:

From left to right we have my beautiful and soft cloth napkins, coffee and crocheted coffee in its own coffee cup, and the prettiest little dress for my little girl! It's all great, but the dress is amazing! I'm going to try to get a shot of dd wearing the dress later. It really does fit well. It was all I could do not to take dd out in 30 degree weather wearing her new spring-y dress!
What a great swap! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cabin Fever
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008 05:40:46 PM »

HAHAHA!  I can't believe that little toe warmer actually fit! I'm so glad, I had to use a rubber boot for a pattern, plus I had never made anything like that so wasn't sure how to even go about it!   

But wait there's more!  I am the one who was totally spoiled by SummerGirlfriend!!! We actually think alike in some ways! 
Coffee seemed to be our theme!  This hot mat even has a coffee cup image in it, too cool. If you get the chance take a look at the Christmas rug SummerGirlfriend did for her mom, and now I have some rag crochet too!!!!

With matching coasters, love that country look!

And look we match again! Kitchen towels with a coffee theme!  Thank your mom for the heart buttons! And the coffee cup fabric on both are great, match so well with my kitchen:

Some new potholders ( I can now put away the Christmas ones I've been using!) A Crochet magazine, which I don't get in my town, and now I have a huge bunch of projects I want to make! Some lip balm, not just any lip balm, but Bou lip balm (made from real caribou's  Wink )and a cute moose keychain.  Believe it or not I love the Target sack and the cute little caribou paper bag!  I don't have Target in Alaska, and I've been wanting some bags with red in them (another project).

You've been a great partner SummerGirlfriend! I hope I get you for a swap partner again! Just think how much time you'll have after your surgery to craft........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008 09:09:58 PM »

You don't have Target in Alaska?!? Shocked I don't think I could live!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!

50 in 2011
10/50
Cabin Fever
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008 08:32:03 AM »

Yes, sadly no Target, but it makes going south so much fun!  I go to Target and call all my friends back home while I shop..........

grenouille78, that little dress is so cute, makes me wish I still had a little girl to dress up.............maybe grand children someday...........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chloecat
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008 07:36:41 PM »

Summergirlfried, those are real nice slippers youv'e got there. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/nesst

Looking to do swap im after Alova Suede,will do personal swap with Usa in exchange for fabric.
KiwiDragons
Get it together!

Stacked Sheep. :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2008 07:31:37 AM »

Wow! Everything is really fantastic! I'm off to the post office now, so CANE should be receiving soon. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

Little Visitor Adventures
Charlie in MO
Zazie in Canada
SummerGirlfriend
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008 08:43:57 AM »

I know!  I've been wearing those slippers non-stop!   Love 'em!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"She looks like she washes her hair in streams and milks things..."  BB
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Get Easy Beach Waves With A Straightener
Festival Celebrates Natural Hair and Culture
Beauty Report: A/W Hair Care Essentials
How To Do a Fishtail Braid Updo
How to Style the Three-Step French Twist
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Kitchen Dishtowels with Fabric Accents
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...