A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,729
Currently Running With Scissors:
780 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: make 'em weep  (Read 4431 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

strobe_hearted
« on: February 02, 2004 07:18:42 PM »

I was so proud of this, it's my first item of completed crochet (or knit for that matter, but this was crocheted) that isn't a hat or scarf!  (or head kercheif)
http://www.fotolog.net/a_life_apart/?photo_id=5849964

So I took pictures, which was good because it was a baby gift for a Christening, and I don't have it around to admire!  The pattern,
which can be found here:
http://krstl.tripod.com/id26.htm (click link and then click "easy baby sweater" in top left corner)

didn't suggest edging it with ribbon, it only said to tie it (it's an open-fronted cardigan) with ribbon, and so I practiced that but I had a whole spool-o'-ribbon and I edged it out and tied bows on the sleeves, too...

It made the mom weep even though apparently I used too heavy of a yarn (the sweater turned out to be about 18-24mos size, I think, not the 9-12 I had intended, at all!)  And the baby was quite cozy and thought she had a neat-o blanket with sleeves.

The reason I'm posting is partly to brag, because I thought it looked so cute, but also to say that this project took me only about a week of evenings in front of the tv to complete, and wouldn't have taken me that long except I needed about one and one-eighth skein of the lion brand baby soft yarn I used, and I only had one at home, to start with.  So that week included erranding time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Marnie

Curves aren't made of diet food.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004 10:48:03 PM »

Well, it's simply lovely and you should be truly proud. I would be touched if someone did something that special for me. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marnie MacLean
http://marniemaclean.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Goddess
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004 11:18:33 PM »

really darling.....I'd cry too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abricot
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004 12:09:04 AM »

I'm with everyone... I'd weep too.. You have every right to be proud of such a lovely project!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craaaft! Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. <--- sing to the tune of the "Spam" song....
strobe_hearted
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2004 03:26:49 PM »

Well, it's simply lovely and you should be truly proud. I would be touched if someone did something that special for me. Smiley

aw, thank you!  hey did you know we're both on this AND the knitting tribe?  (I'm laura jent on tribe) that's pretty awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
strobe_hearted
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004 03:28:30 PM »

Thanks everybody!! You all made me feel really encouraged, now I'm going to try and make my mom a sweater before this weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Title Screen in After Effects
How to Create a Title Screen With After Effects Lesson 1
Introduction to Adobe After Effects - Overview
Grass Text Effects
How To Create A Masked Image in iWork Pages
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...