A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,554
Currently Running With Scissors:
819 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 3 yr. old DIVA'S bedroom! Pink, green & zebra!!!!! Unique! IMG HEAVY!  (Read 15596 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nylaskye
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2008 07:24:26 AM »

That is AWESOME! And I agree with others who have pointed out that I think this will transition well from a little girl's room to a big girl's room!

I have a question about this piece of furniture:

I am in so much need of something just like this and it even looks about the same size (I am needing to do like what you did, put little baskets in cubbies, have room for magazines, etc.) Please tell me where you got it and if I am luck I will be able to find it too. I have found some on Ikea's site but too expensive to ship. Sad

I actually lucked up and got this at a children's resale shop for $20!  It's a bookshelf, but it's made like a dollhouse.  Target sells them (not for $20 though)!  Target's is pink and white.  Try looking on their website. 

If you were looking for something for an adult, you might try looking at Target for their bookshelves, or Walmart/  They usually aren't that expensive.  I don't know where you live but you should be able to find something locally.  The wooden bins I got from Joannfabrics and just decoupaged them with scrapbook paper!  Creates a nice effect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PepperSprout
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2008 09:59:17 PM »

COOL MOM ALERT!  awesome job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a craft blog,too. 
http://briannecrafts.blogspot.com/
Pinkaholic

I <3 shiny things

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2008 04:52:53 AM »

Your daughter's room is absolutely gorgeous, and so unique. I love all the details and the signs like "spoiled brat" and "hair candy".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love me for who I am
eds6619
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2008 01:16:27 PM »

Oh my gosh!!!  I love it.  How did you make the hair candy thing?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nylaskye
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2008 09:12:34 AM »

Oh my gosh!!!  I love it.  How did you make the hair candy thing?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

The hair candy now holder was very easy!!  One canvas board, wooden letters painted with acrylic paint, purchased zebra trim, ribbon, and a glue gun and an imagination!  The possibilities are endless.  By the time I got around to doing it which was the last thing I had to finish I was too lazy to put some kind of fake candy pieces on it.

All that stuff took forever because I work full-time, have my side business, and I'm a single parent!!  I did a bit at a time over a 3 week period.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

star_scooter
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2008 10:21:37 AM »

I am loving this!  You did such a wonderful job!  How long did it take to complete everything?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
belleaurora
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2008 11:05:21 AM »

How did you have the patience to paint Zebra Print?!?!  I admire you Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nylaskye
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2008 11:35:54 AM »

It took me 3 weeks to do all of that because I work full time, single parent, have a side business and am working on other areas of the house!!!!

The zebra print wasn't as bad as I expected!  It was actually a relaxing project!!!

I first painted the mirror a glossy black and after it dried I used white acrylic paint.  I had to go over the stripes more than once so the black wouldn't show underneath.

I use a piece of zebra scrapbook paper as my guide for the stripes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cnds1992
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2008 06:01:46 PM »

OH my gosh, my daughters would be soooo jealous. You did a fantastic job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreeStyleMama
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2008 08:45:12 PM »

Awesome job, thanks for sharing!  I am even more impressed that you are so busy with your life and you pulled this adorable room together.  It definately inspires me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Geoff Dyer on Digressive Writing Styles
Brad Thor on the Action in Black List
Kathy Leonard Czepiel on the Inspiration for A Violet Season
Chuck Thompson on Keeping Texas and Giving Up Florida
Chuck Thompson on the Creation Museum
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...