A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,938
Currently Running With Scissors:
705 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Does ANYONE digitize? Or is it all just a myth?  (Read 4856 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Trista36
« on: February 26, 2008 11:46:39 PM »

Does anyone out there digitize at all??? That was the big reason I bought my machine, but I just cant get the hang of the digitizing. I have a Husqvarna and have spent no end of time trying to scan in my pictures to come up with nada. In fact, is the whole machine embroidery thing a crock? The pictures in the brochures look so good, but I have yet to be able to produce so much as a napkin which resembles those works of art. ALSO, and this is my final part of the rant, where are some cool designs?? There seems to be no end to the teddy bears and baby stuff, but nothing that is similar to say the Sublime Stiching patterns...ahhhh, perhaps I am destined to embroider curtains by hand... Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008 04:00:21 AM »

digitising is an art that takes a lot of time and patience to perfect.

What program are you using?

most auto punch programs, as in scan the image and the program digitises for you,will give you undesirable results.

you really want to manual punch your design, tell each stitch where to go, that way you get the result you want.

tell me your program and we'll see if I can't help you.

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008 08:36:15 AM »

I've done two designs so far and had great success.  I think that it's a knack - and patience - a lot of patience needed to do it. It just clicked for me - but then I must have been in the right frame of mind - and I also followed a tutorial that really got me jump started.

I enjoyed digitizing.  I am looking forward to doing more with it - especially applique.  I want to make up some great applique designs for a bunch of things!

Don't give up on the machine embroidery - there are an increasing number of not so cute and cuddly designs out there - and those of us (me included) that intend to bring more to the market.

You can use any design out there as long as you can convert it - and there is software out there to do that.  I think that it is probably your auto digitizing program - they do stink.  People are not happy with it.  If you want, download a free trial of Embird and do a few tutorials.  I can get some links for you - that will get you going for sure!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Craft Addict

"She's crafty- and she's just my type"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008 09:07:37 AM »

I digitize (when I'm not being lazy).  I digitize tattoo art.  It's definitely something you need to practice.  I have a Husqvarna as well.  Did you do the tutorial that comes with the disk?  I found the manual with the step by step pictures to be very helpful.  When you scan in your own design, you have to make sure that each section is colored in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Trista36
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008 09:33:02 PM »

I am feeling much more zen having read all your replies. I think you are all right, I need to chill and focus. Spend more time getting the skills. I'm using the 3D Professional program. I might have gone over-board with the Professional, as I am not. ANY tips are appreciated, in the meantime, i am going to go back to the manual and try the tutorial with a bit more patience.
I look forward to seeing some cool patterns though!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
my2boys

"You're not alone. Don't pretend to be." [S1E16]

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008 12:56:18 PM »

I was nervous at first, i don't know maybe not nervous but not sure if i'd like it. I'm glad i tried it b/c i do alot now. I'm still learning but i love sharing my designs. If you just try it you never know. I use thredworks for now b/c i didn't want to spend alot of $$ & not like digitizing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have embroidery machine, will do personal swaps. I can embroider hundreds of designs, some logos. Tinkerbell, Mickey, names etc. PM me!!!
guldikr
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008 10:55:07 AM »

I use Palette 5.0 and Embird.  I draw my designs using Illustrator then move into Photoshop to make the line art.  Then I digitize it in Palette and Embird.  These are both awesome programs.
Kelli
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StephaniePrice
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008 09:42:49 PM »

I digitize every day and LOVE it. It just takes time to figure out, and after that, you're on a roll
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smarmyclothes
lex fiend

i can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008 10:30:13 AM »

I would love if someone could post some links to helpful tutorials or sites with info about digitizing, because I am LOST!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008 10:39:02 AM »

Add your links to Embird digitizing tutorials!

here are some that I know of!

Embird4beginners@yahoogroups.com - has mini tutorials every other month or so

There are some here as well - but I have not tried them yet..
http://www.editingwizardry.com/embirdtutorials.html
http://bdzines.com/

I'll edit and add more later - I have a few more but need to run!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008 10:40:00 AM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Curling Your Hair... With A Flat Iron?
Pink Loves Miley Cyrus New Do
The Best Hair Sprays for Hold
Hair Trends Straight From NYFW
Rachel Zoe To Open Blow Dry Bar
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...